>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Glock 36 Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby gunpoor » Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:41 pm

MARCOS 1977 you could not have put the point better. This gun is made for saving your life during a duress situation. Not for Dirty Harrying someone on top of a bridge or running away from you. I carry the 36 because I know it works. The lack of a real safety took some time to get used to- So keep it away from your kids.
gunpoor

Postby gunpoor » Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:49 pm

Just to add to this. I own a great 1911. This gun would be the first choice. But when you think of a situation where the use of this gun had to used [ God forbid!] the authorities will seize your gun. Better to lose a 600 dollar Glock.
gunpoor

Postby Gloc9mm » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:26 am

I have a 1911 as well, my 1st Pistol. I feel it's just a bit too much to carry, and I'd never want to damage or lose it as well. Many siezed Weapons end up getting "Lost" from the Evidence Locker especially in small Cities/Towns. I once went into the Hospital and was Carrying an Interarms PPK at the time after a Traffic Accident. The Police took it for "Holding", but I never got it back. They ended up paying me above the Market Value for it (After threatenning a Lawsuit) cause they couldn't find the Cop who took it from the Locker! I have nothing against Real Police Officers, I just dislike Small Town Cops who are mostly glorified Security Guards.
Gloc9mm

Postby Lohkai » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:07 am

Bravo, marcos1977. The 36 seems custom made for CC. The smaller grip also is a boon for those of us with small hands. The 1911 is a great gun, my first consideration, but design and engineering factors steered me toward the 36 instead.

(1) That smaller grip on a smaller, lighter gun. The heavy 1911 felt like holding a can of soup. Thus, I didn't feel as "in control" of the weapon (and probably wasn't). It was fat and heavy. The 36 was not. Nor, to small hands, was the grip short. In fact, it was (is) just right.

(2) Ease of concealment. Though my state has simply a Carry permit, not strictly concealed carry, I'm not an idiot and don't want the bad guys to make me their first target, no questions asked. The element of surprise is a serious advantage for survival, and the 36 keeps out of sight, out of mind, like a dirty little secret. And it does it without feeling like a child carried on the hip. (I guess only a woman would make that analogy, but it is applicable.)

(3) Ease of use. We're not all gung-ho enthusiasts who live to shoot or who like to show off our guns as toys. We practice because we need to practice. We want to weild our weapon with skill, not grace. The gun is a tool, and more often than not, we try not to imagine ever being in a crisis that demands we pull our weapons. We know it will not be pleasant, easy, or anything nice to remember. BUT, we want to protect ourselves and our loved ones, especially our loved ones, and understand that we WILL do what needs doing when the time comes. We do not want to have to stop and think, "Okay, which way does this safety go?" Just not smart. With any Glock, it's just point and click, like the computer mouse. Keep it safely tucked until its needed, and don't worry about it.

All said, I could see the average man not much caring for this gun. It's dainty - makes him feel like a sissy. It's light - not a macho trait at all. But, like a noisy cricket (Men in Black, if you've never seen it), it packs the necessary punch to do the job and do it well. I won't say it's designed for a woman, as not all women have small hands. For that matter, some men do have small hands and might appreciate the 36. I will say the 36 is "the Goldielocks gun" - just right - for some of us. And those who complain of and dismiss this weapon are effectively only dismissing this niche of gun-toters for whom it seems specifically designed. That kind of irks me, as it's a bit insulting - like they're saying, "Hey, grow bigger hands, why don't you?"

Now, it does kick like an angry mule, the consequence of a two-pound tool spitting .45 mini-missiles. And for some women (or even men) this may be too much or simply uncomfortable. Again, it's not about "playing". It's a tool. A powersaw, too, can be a pain in the butt, but it'll get the job done quicker than a saw. So, it's important to understand when pulling the 36's trigger that it's going to behave as it does. Get over it. Get used to it. Master it. And if a little woman with small hands (me) can do that, then there are no excuses for anyone else. And with my 36, I can get 100% on silhouette with 80% in the kill zone at 30 feet with my right hand, 90% in the kill zone with the left. That can't be bad considering that, for a small woman, this thing feels like its fighting back with every shot.

The 36 is a good gun. It has its place and is good at filling it with ease. However, it's not for everybody. But, then, neither is a good old 1911. Diversity, as they say, is the spice of life.
Lohkai

Postby Gloc9mm » Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:40 pm

The 1911 is a very nice Weapon, I have had one for more Yrs. than I can remember. But IMHO back then Glock wasn't even close to being Marketed and the 1911 was probably the most reliable Semi-Auto that you could buy.

But if I was just starting out today purchasing Weapons I probably would never have bought the 1911. Large Hands or not the Lady below made a few very good as well as blunt points that make a lot of sense. Why Carry something that pulls your Pants down when you can get something more reliable, comfortable and is much easier for anyone to handle, as well as spend less for it due to current day Technology? Plus I also feel a Safety is totally senseless to place especially on a Carry Weapon unless your not totally comfortable Carrying and using it. If I ever need to pull a Gun God Forbid, I don't want to go thru a checklist in the split second I may get. I also stay away from adding "Bling" like Lasers etc. to any Weapon just for that reason as well. I can easilly afford that stuff, I just don't want it.

But I must say I never felt like a Sissy for Carrying a Glock, and I doubt the 60% of all LE Officers that Carry one do either. I personally feel I have my best chance of survival with a Glock, and that is all that matters to me.
Gloc9mm

Postby gunpoor » Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:35 am

lohkai- I don't know how you could call this gun ' dainty '.The 36 is lean , light with no frills. The 'LADY SMITH' now thats dainty.
gunpoor

Postby Will_Carry » Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:06 am

I bought the +1 magazine extension for my G-36. It eliminated the pinky pinching. My pinky is positioned over the gap between the magazine and the reciever. When ever I shoot the pistol it pinches a blood blister on it. The extended mag eliminates this and gives me one extra round.

I think the Glock 36 is one of the best concealed carry pistols on the market, but there are SO MANY so I couldn't say if any pistols is THE best. I also carry the Glock 19, which fits the same holsters as the G-36 and gives me 16 rounds.
Will_Carry

Postby gunpoor » Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:35 pm

Will Carry- Let me know how that + 1 extention works. I've heard that people were getting more FTF's while using the extention.
gunpoor

Postby gunpoor » Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:27 pm

Last month I started getting FTF's and FTE's about one in 20 rounds. I ordered a new recoil spring on line. I just replaced the spring and after 100 rounds not a single failure. So the first recoil spring was good for about a thousand rounds. The replacement spring was very easy to get and cost about 30 bucks.
gunpoor

Postby ltbear » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:32 pm

I traded a baby browning to a fellow opoerative about two mounths ago have put around two hundread rounds thru it and found it to be my main carry gun our basic carry is a 40 or perrfered 45 I found the glock 36 to be compack reliable and accerate would like to find out if the internal lazer sight is avalible and best place to get mags
ltbear

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols