>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Magnum Research Desert Eagle Mark XIX Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby billdeserthills » Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:02 pm

I have had mine for many years, I had a Dual Port job done from Magna-Port, wow what a difference! I can shoot double&triple taps now without that big recoil I used to have.I carry this gun daily,usually in a Ted Blocker IWB holster. I used to have problems with the gun jamming in the past, but then I quit using cheap,dirty ammo like Blazer in it-No more jams. I own (5) of the extended .44 mag 10 round Magazines, Man are they great! I guess they are very rare.
billdeserthills

Postby jonkie » Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:29 pm

hey guys i have a family member getting rid of his 357 desert eagle how ever i want a gun to carry every day what u think ? and how bad is it to conceal?
jonkie

Postby nina&desi » Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:02 pm

i couldn't imagine carrying the eagle daily.
nina&desi

Postby jonkie » Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:34 pm

hey guys whats a good holster brand to buy? and any good sites i can look at?
jonkie

Postby Hockler » Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:58 am

http://zvis.com/dep/articles/depdef.shtml (<-type manually, and remove the spaces, do not copy & paste).

Once again, I advise anyone who wants to carry or use one of these as a house gun to read the link thoroughly. Ultimately, it's your own choice what to carry, but that doesn't mean it the choice has to be uneducated.
Hockler

Postby EBG » Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:36 pm

I agree with nina&desi & hockler, I can't see myself or anybody making a Desert Eagle a main carry gun or even a home defense gun and would not advice it. But of couse to each his/her own. Personaly I would stick to Glock, XD, or Colt. There is an alternative if one is realy is into Desert Eagles which is the Baby Eagle. It is smaller and probably more practical (I don't have one though so I wouldn't know how good it is).
EBG

Postby CHACHEE » Sat May 12, 2007 8:12 pm

one of my boys bought one today. the ish look mean and heavy. i almost dropped it on the glass case, hahaha. can't wait to hear and shoot that deagle.
CHACHEE

Postby S&W910 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:04 pm

Unless you're Arnold Swartzenager (SP) this is not a concealed carry weapon.
S&W910

Postby dallen001 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:02 am

I own the .50 AE version of the DE Mark XIX. I must say the gun is super fantastic. It's my first handgun I own, even though I shot guns in the past that belonged to other people. Surprisingly, the gun shoot extremely accurately, and it feels very comfortable. The gun is fun, and it's very reliable. I never had a jam (but I haven't been shooting it that long so many problems will come up in a bit).

My only problem with this gun is the cost of ammo, and the deafening sound that it makes when shot. Prepare to lose hearing when you shoot this gun. Be sure to wear double ear protection, especially if you're planning to shoot this in an indoor range. Also, be prepared to spend quite a lot of money on ammo as a box can cost quite a bit.
dallen001

Postby mustang45692 » Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:05 pm

My son bought me one of these in .44 last year and i really like it. We should all have sons like mine. I have watched this weapon on so many movies, i don't remember the first show. Firing the first time was alittle scary but i got over that quick. The recoil was nowhere near what i imagined from a .44. I have a .44 revolver and with 240 JHP, it digs in and kicks like a mule, wrong grips probably. I have shot 5 boxes of different Ammo all from the list from Magnum Research and have no complaints, only compliments for this weapon. If i ever win the megamillions, i'll buy another in .50 AE.
mustang45692

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols