>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Magnum Research Desert Eagle Mark XIX Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby S&W910 » Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:30 pm

Of Course it's not going to kick like a 44 mag revolver it weighs probably twice as much as the revolver
S&W910

Postby Powder_Burns » Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:25 pm

...this gun has no practical application apart from feeding a macho ego, and even then I'd like to point out the s&w x frame revolvers as a better alternative. Unless you are 7'2 and weigh 300 lbs this gun is a bit oversized. I don't mean the calibers chambered, just the sheer size of the gun.
Powder_Burns

Postby S&W910 » Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:38 pm

powder i would have to agree
S&W910

Postby mmm » Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:41 am

Yeah, but the same could be said of Corvettes. Isn't a sporty sedan a far more practical choice for most people? I admire the DE for what it is, a device far more engineered than any revolver, and I plan to buy one. And even if you buy one chambered for 44mag, you just have to invest the extra dollars for the 50AE barrel and mag to improve your pistol "economies of scale". My Kimber 1911 will remain as my all-around carry gun, of course.
mmm

Postby billdeserthills » Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:02 am

I'm just sorry to see that there are so many judgemental pussy's out in the viewing public. As a Gun Dealer and a constant carrier of the Desert Eagle I know this is a good defensive weapon for me. Maybe if it won't work for you,

you should stick with a Beretta Bobcat! Then second, stop knocking my and many other people's favorite firearm.

Anyhow my Holster of choice for all-day carry of this gun,while retaining freedom of movement is the In The Waistband holster by Ted Blocker Holsters (503)670-7972. Constructed of horsehide this is a heavy duty holster that I can wear for very long hours.You might want to order it with the "sweat protector" which is an extra leather flap that rides on your back in front of the gun, keeps your sweat off the gun, keeps the gun off your back!
billdeserthills

Postby mmm » Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:05 pm

billdeserthills,

What kind of holster do you wear to carry the DE constantly? I can't imagine carrying that much weight in anything other than a shoulder or bandolier holster.
mmm

Postby ryanbreneman72 » Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:05 pm

madfive. sometimes sometimes your grip can be the problem. it's called limp wristing and you can do it with any semi auto pistol.make sure your grip is strong and consistent.magtec and promag make excellent aftermarket mags originals can be found on gunbroker also good for finding bulk ammo cheap!!
ryanbreneman72

Postby undertaker9 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:19 am

several were bought as a shooting hobby or hunting side arm but other than that i think its a rich mans acessory
undertaker9

Postby billdeserthills » Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:35 am

The holsters I use for my Desert Eagle were made by Ted Blocker Holsters, I have 2 In The Waistband and a horizontal Shoulder Holster. They are all made from horseyhide. Ted Blockers phone #(503)670-7972 be prepared to pay a good buck, but this holster will last pretty much forever. It makes the factory holsters look very crappy.
billdeserthills

Postby tigwelder56 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:56 am

Hi 911,

Welcome to the forum! I have to ask you a question or two if I may. Is your DE the 6 or 10 inch model? At a minimum of 4.5 lbs, how are you able to carry it comfortably? That's like packing a mortar in a shoulder holster!

If you do need to use it, I would strongly suggest a very sturdy background to stop the probable through and through penetration! Good luck carrying that Hog Leg and wear a name tag so I can identify myself the first time I meet you!!
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols