>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Magnum Baby Desert Eagle Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby Mr.K » Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:32 am

GIJal...

If you're looking for a .45 for concealment, IMHO, the BDE steel semi-compact (MR4500RS) with a full size grip is the better choice of the two. Don't get me wrong, Glocks are great but with a larger caliber pistol, a heavier steel (or even an aluminum, ie. a Kimber Pro Carry II,) frame will displace recoil better than a polymer/plastic frame, which will allow you to reassess your target a lot quicker.

In terms of magazine capacity, the Glock 21 is 13 whereas the BDE semi-compact is only 10.

I am a firm believer that effective, shot placement is more important than magazine capacity or even caliber selection.

What I've learned in the purchasing process is that the best person to select the "right" handgun is you. Everyone has their opinions, but buying a handgun is like buying a shoe. In the end, you will have to determine what you are most comfortable with.
Mr.K

Postby Doubletap » Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:59 am

Bearhorse69

I've had a BE polymer frame 40 S&W for awhile and agree that aftermarket accessories are hard to find. But, some excellent holsters are available from www.crossbreedholsters.com in IWB and OWB. I am getting a Super Tuck which is an IWB that can be worn under the shirt. Great firearm with a nice single action trigger.
Doubletap

Postby deerslayer » Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:01 pm

I was looking for a Stoeger Cougar when I saw one of these in 9mm used for $330 with a laser sight it was in rough shape but funtioned great when I compared it to a new one. After buying it all I did was clean it and it looks like new 98% condition. It shoots a lot better then I do and recoil is minimal. It is so good that my father a semiauto hater said he wanted one. i've only shot 100 round from it but I have had no problems at all and trust this gun to fire flawlessly every time I pull the trigger.
deerslayer

Postby Bearhorse69 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:57 pm

Doubletap

Thanks for the info! I'll give crossbreed holsters a look and let you know if I find something that fits my needs being a southpaw.
Bearhorse69

Postby muliejim » Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:00 am

I'm new to the website and late to the thread but I wanted to add my thoughts on the BDE. I've had the opportunity to fire lots of 1911s in the military and I own a Beretta and S&W semi-auto and the BDE .40 I bought a few months ago is already my favorite. It has a good sized grip for my big paws and a nice light, crisp trigger pull which makes it easy to acquire and stay on target. Not the prettiest thing but a great pistol! This is what I plan to carry when I go turkey hunting this spring and call in a cougar instead of a bird which happens to hunters every year around where I live and hunt.
muliejim

Postby Doubletap » Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:21 am

Does anyone have much experience with the polymer BDE? I like how this gun shoots and handles, but am still leery about a polymer frame .40 S&W. Most folks that I know have the full metal version.

So far, other than a sticking firing pin problem, it seems to work okay.
Doubletap

Postby rdesiato » Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:01 am

I have a polymer BDE 40 Cal. and I love it. It is a very balanced weapon, esspecially with a full clip. Get this gun, you'll love it.
rdesiato

Postby tax » Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:45 pm

I will receive my BDE .40 semi-compact very soon, and from reading these forums I'm not sure of the factory magazine issues. Is this something I should worry about, if so what replacement mag should I get or "tricks of the trade" can I do?
tax

Postby snake » Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:49 am

TAX,

FROM WHAT I KNOW, THE MAG PROBLEM ONLY SEEMS TO BE WITH THE FULL SIZE DBE .45 CAL 10 ROUND MAG. I MIGHT BE WRONG, BUT SO FAR THESE ARE THE ONLY DBE GUN OWNERS WHO COMPLAIN ABOUT THIS PROBLEM. THE .40 AND 9MM SEEM TO FEED WITH NO PROBLEM USING THE FACTORY MAGS.

GOOD LUCK AND HOPE YOU ENJOY YOUR NEW PURCHASE !
snake

Postby pepito12 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:43 am

HELLO TO ALL NOBODY HAVE A BERETTA FROM TO SALE ME ALSO USED? AND MAKE ITTO ARRIVE IN ITALY? I PAY HOW MANY YOU ASK OR SAY ME SOME ADDRESS OR LINK WHERE I CAN FIND WHO SALE THIS TIPE OF PISTOLS THANX GUY WRITES ME PLEASE IF YOU HAVE NOTICES ABOUT THIS CIAO

PEPITO
pepito12

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols