>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Magnum Baby Desert Eagle Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby donandtoad » Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:29 am

donandtoad

Postby Bearhorse69 » Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:53 pm

My wife has decided that she wants a .45 as her concealed carry and is battling with which one to choose. Were looking @ fit, form and function and she has tried my Star PD and the B.E. and looking @ the EAA Witness Compact in steel frame. We dont want to have me be forced to do a bunch of gunsmithing on her new acquisition just to keep the function aspect as smooth as possible, so if there are any woman shooters posting on this website Id appreciate your input for my wifes benefit.
Bearhorse69

Postby berettafool » Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:45 am

Well, Im not a lady, but one of my best friends has a baby eagle .45 and my only comment would be that it is heavy! However, it is not the polymer frame, it is all steel. So if you are seriously looking at a baby eagle, go with the polymer. Oh, I will also say that it shoots beautifully and have heard nothing but good things about them.

Also, have you looked at the Beretta PX4? Magnificent firearm! I own one and it has made me a Beretta lover for life. Good luck.
berettafool

Postby Bearhorse69 » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:35 pm

Thanks berettafool. I will pass the info on to my wife.
Bearhorse69

Postby Bearhorse69 » Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:42 pm

Hey, everyone! Got my wife that Baby Eagle with my Christmas bonus and MAN! Took it out to a friends farm to test fire it before I give it to her for Christmas and this gun performs! It appears they got the mag issues corrected and it was flawless! Im so pleased with this weapon that Im thinking seriously of selling off a couple of my other toys and getting one of these for myself! No feed issues, no stovepipe...NOTHING! Im sure my wife is going to love this weapon and guys the weight is definitely NOT an issue. When I put a full mag in a three inch group shooting rapid fire @ 15 meters I KNOW I can trust and depend on this weapon. No fears, no worries, this weapon was well worth the $485.00 price I paid @ the local Sportmans Warehouse for it and will gladly do it again soon for myself!
Bearhorse69

Postby snake » Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:25 pm

SO FAR I HAVE FOUND THAT THE TANFOGLIO MAGS (WITH THE ORANGE FOLLOWER, MADE IN ITALY) FOR THE EAA WITNESS HAVE WORKED THE BEST IN THE BE-.45 10 ROUND. PROBLEMS IS LOCATING THESE MAGS AS THEY SEEM TO BE VERY HARD TO FIND. BUT THE DO WORK EACH AND EVERY TIME RIGHT OUT OF THE BAG AND RIGHT DOWN TO THE LAST ROUND. I HAVE ALSO HEAR, BUT HAVE NOT TRIED THEM YET, THAT THE MEC-GAR MAGZ WORK JUST AS WELL. IM GOING TO GET 2 AND TRY THEM AS THEY SEEM TO BE EASY TO GET.

JUST A THOUGHT, BUT HAS ANYONE ASKED MAG RESEARCH ABOUT THEIR MAGAZINE PROBLEM OR WROTE TO THEM AND GOT SOME TYPE OF ANSWER FROM THEM ? CUZ IF BEARHORSE69 HAS FOCTORY MAGS THAT ARE WORKING WELL IN HIS NEW .45, MAYBE THEY FIXED THE PROBLEM OR STARTED GETTING BETTER MAGS ? ?
snake

Postby Bearhorse69 » Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:29 am

Snake, I bought 2 of the Mec-Gar mags at a recent gun show and did encounter one jam out of 100 rounds fired in my next trip to the range which was resolved by disassembling the mage and cleaning the burrs from molding off of the follower and putting a small amount of lithium grease (SUPER thin coat) on the follower. On my next trip tp the range the Mec-Gars both performed flawlessly. Nuff said, I still LOVE this fit, form and function of this gun!
Bearhorse69

Postby Mr.K » Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:51 am

Being some what of a newbie looking for that perfect hangun, how is the recoil control for a .40 S&W or .45 BDE? I've shot a variety of calibers in both Sig and HK but I haven't had the opportunity to try a Baby. I've heard that the recoil is almost like firing a 9mm.
Mr.K

Postby Bearhorse69 » Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:41 pm

Mr. K, The perceived recoil on my DBE .45 is quite easily manageable and the weapon, though considered somewhat heavy by most is one of the sweetest shooters Ive ever owned. From what I understand the .40 and the 9mm versions have a polymer frame which I personally dont care for due to the greater perceived recoil and the fact that polymer just doesnt stand the test of time like steel. The DBE was actually bought as a Christmas present for my wife who is all of 53 and easily outshoots me almost every time we go to the range with the DBE and giggles like a schoolgirl while shes watching the X ring vanish with every shot she squeezes off.
Bearhorse69

Postby Mr.K » Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:45 am

Thanks for the insight Bearhorse69!
Mr.K

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols