>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Magnum Baby Desert Eagle Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby diamondoug » Mon May 05, 2008 10:49 pm

I also would like to know of a good holster. I have had my BDE for about four years now; it is a .45 that I had hardchromed. I really enjoy shooting it and would like to start carrying. I live in Michigan and have not seen much in the way of accessories for this gun.
diamondoug

Postby diamondoug » Mon May 05, 2008 11:05 pm

For anyone who dislikes cleaning their gun, get it hardchromed. I paid $185.00 and it takes me half the time to do a good job of cleaning and lubricating. I shoot my BDE nearly every weekend and can easily see the where the residue and gunk is. It is kind of "pimp" but I enjoy shooting much more now.
diamondoug

Postby brosupermatt » Fri May 16, 2008 4:45 pm

LEFT HAND ALERT

I just got home from NRA National Convention I live in l-ville now. I talked to the guys at MR about reversing the mag release to make it left handed- After safe dissassembly

1. twist plunger under trigger bar either way

2. with hand covering mag release hole... opposite side of button..

3. with pliars pull plunger and spring ...this will or should cause mag spring and guard to hit your hand where you covered the hole DO NOT FORGET TO COVER THE HOLE... my spring was bent so it didn';t shoot out

4. reverse mag release to make it left handed.

5. with a punch, push mag spring and mag spring guard into mag release, while pressing plunger assembly down-this will cause the plunger assembly to engage mag spring guard when you remove the punch. you will feel/;hear click.

6. twist the plunger to proper allignment under the trigger bar.

7. test mag release and trigger to ensure proper function.

8. Assemble your left handed Baby eagle and rock and Roll lefty

9. Thank you magnum research

It took me about 20 min to get it right, but know it';s left LOLLOL

This is now the ultimate left handed gun

ps yes I checked out the EAA Zastava EZ, I would consider it the second best left handed gun, very bulky but simular to a sig.
brosupermatt

Postby SafeP » Sat May 17, 2008 12:08 am

I was wondering if someone is familiar with a wooden grip or any after market grip for the compact baby eagle (;not semi compact);?
SafeP

Postby Toeman » Sun May 18, 2008 2:08 pm

safep, I bought a pair of wooden grips by hogue made of exotic hardwood. They fit the full size steel baby desert eagle.

Look real nize, but I perfered different grips. I will sell them for half-price +; shipping say $;30 total. They are in excellent condition.
Toeman

Postby SafeP » Sun May 18, 2008 4:38 pm

sounds cool however i have the compact version (;the grips are smaller then the semi compact);...

thanks
SafeP

Postby NCSLDR » Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:54 am

I have had my BDE .40 for about 6 years now and the only problems witht the pistol was when other people fired it. I have had no FTF or FTE problems with the gun. It is by far my favorite gun to shoot and own.
NCSLDR

Postby punisher538 » Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:21 pm

I sent my BDE .40 back to Magnum Research to have the trigger looked at on good friday March 21st. I am still waiting to get my gun back.
punisher538

Postby epwrangler » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:23 am

I have never owned a baby eagle but my cz75 is great.
epwrangler

Postby epwrangler » Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:55 am

Well said epwrangler! Me too, I have never owned a baby eagle, but my CZ 75s are great!
epwrangler

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols