>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Cobra Patriot Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby dan-the-dad » Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:01 pm

dan-the-dad

Postby Standard » Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:35 pm

Interesting. I wonder what the odds are of going 5 months without a post in this thread, then I post, and the next day somebody else does too. Similar "group postings" are seemingly not unusual here.

I don't believe in co-incidence. So waz up? Why is that?
Standard

Postby Tippecanoe » Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:38 pm

I have had one of these for several years in .45 ACP. I don't know anything about their other guns or calibers. The Patriot I have was made by Republic Arms, which was bought by Cobra at some point. I can say that I would not give mine up, I like it, I trust it. It has never malfunctioned, stove piped, etc. Maybe or maybe not it would shoot thousands of rounds, it does not matter. I don't shoot the death out of any of my guns. I shoot them enough to get the feel, test accuracy, and operation. I never had a problem with it and it has been accurate in groupings at the ranges you'd likely need it to be.

It came with two mags, and was a heck of a deal. I also have Kimber...so I know what that is like too.

The mags are slightly different than 1911 mags in that the catch slot is in a slightly different position. However, if you need another I have seen instructions on the internet on how to make the modification to a standard 1911 mag.

I also like that it is stainless (thoiugh mine is also black), which means rust resistant. I buffed the feed ramps and all, no biggie.

Right now, the Patriot is a quick reach away.
Tippecanoe

Postby dan-the-dad » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:58 am

Its my understanding that the 45 patriot is a lot different design than the 9mm Patriot. The 9mm and the 380 are the same though. I also agree with TippieCannoe that when Republic arms owned them, they made the 45 which I have only heard great things about. The 45 is not a cobra design , so I dont see why its even under the same listing as the 9 and 380 except for the Patriot name. And their promise to make it right or give you one that is , is a pure baloney guarantee .
dan-the-dad

Postby dan-the-dad » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:12 pm

Just thought Id let you know the big fix for the Cobra 9mm is to cut the extractor relief deeper and wider, and replace the extractor spring with a Wolff of same diameter, or anything better than the Ink Pen equivalent spring Cobra uses. . This is what my dad did to mine to fix it. It now will at least run a full clip without any problems. Also, if you polish the ramp up it will feed hollow points and even lead cast ok. I still get an occasional jam on the feed, but not nearly as often and usually not until the 2nd or 3rd clip when shooting. Its still a Crap gun because the manufacture couldnt even do these simple fixes when I sent it back, and they reneged on the Presidents Promise to make it right, or send me one that was. I would be interested in the 45 since its a different designer and the reviews are mostly positive.

The 9 patriot can be made to work, but you shouldnt have not. Especially with their guarantee .
dan-the-dad

Postby tonecapone » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:07 am

is this gun worth getting and how many does it hold
tonecapone

Postby Tippecanoe » Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:03 pm

Well, for the price I like mine (45). I don't shoot it (or any but the .22s) a lot, but it works every time I tried it.

Holds 6 in mag and 1 in chamber in .45 ACP.
Tippecanoe

Postby safe2breathe » Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:49 pm

traded for a patriot 9mm today was told the only thing is to not use hollow points - bc by design

they hang up - used standard ammo at the range - 30 rounds later no problems at all
safe2breathe

Postby JohnInez » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:57 pm

Cobrapistals review said they are the president and will make all customer happy. Ive had my cobra peice of junk for 3 yrs now. It did everything all these reviews are saying. From misfiring to jamming every other shot. Ive sent it back 2 times and they send it back saying its fixed, ready, wont do it again!!! Their excuses were it had a bad firing pin, and maybe i was using the wrong ammo, so for one, It was brand new so how is the firing pin out, and i used the "ferderal american eagle" ammo as requested. Well bottom line, after them fixing it 2 times, it still does the same thing. Ive put this thing in my gun cabinet and it has sat. I dont trust it if i ever need to protect myself or my family. And i dont want to sell it because i dont someone else to need it one day and it not protect them either. So Im stuck with this peice of junk. So Im gonna see if the owner of cobra will back his words up and just flat out give me my money back. If her does, Ill take this post off. So mr President, You should refund everyone that ask because your gonna get us all shot when we go to pull this gun on an intruder and he ends up shooting us after this crap gun misfires....Does that make sense?????
JohnInez

Postby jbkinna » Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:13 pm

I purchased a Cobra Patriot 45.

I've put about 100 rounds through it. Works great.

I had no problem keeping it in the black at seven yards.

recoil wasn't objectionable.

Take down is not difficult. Cleaning was a breeze.
jbkinna

Previous

Return to Pistols