>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Bersa Thunder Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby Roger12 » Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:52 pm

I just wanted to comment on the Bersa 9mm. So far I have ran almost 300 rounds through the gun. NO MISFIRES and the little gun basically shoots where you aim. Especially at 7 and 15 yds. I would like suggestions on holsters for concealed carry. Thanks
Roger12

Postby DODGE6 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:57 am

Roger 12 ..Houston makes a paddle holster for this gun. I have a 40 and this is the only holster avalible for this gun. Althought Safari, Blackhawk and a lot of others makes holsters for the 9mm.
DODGE6

Postby keyman » Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:37 pm

My Bersa 45 stays on the bed with me every night. It shoots as straight and as dependable as any gun that I have, and I've got some good ones.

If you're expecting a gunfight at 35 to 40 yards the Bersa 45 is as reliable as you need.

The CC classes here in Texas tell you that if you are that far away, just turn and get the heck away from the situation.

I still say that the Bersa 45 is a fine and dependable gun.

Five bullets for this fine weapon.
keyman

Postby txpanzer » Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:29 pm

Thanks to 'yalls review here, I decided to purchase this gun on line, yes: blind buy; and I must say it was a very good decision. As many of you have said already, this gun is not just a great deal for the price, but a great deal on itself. I have shooted +300 rounds(good and cheap ammo) and still don't know what jam and misfire are. The gun is reliable; and for many of us, it's all it counts on a personal protection weapon. Is pretty accurate for a compact (short barrel) gun; but again, your accuracy depends on how much do familiarize with your gun in a range. Looks good, feels good, responds good: I highly recommend this gun and brand.
txpanzer

Postby Redman » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:40 pm

Just got my UC 9mm at a local gun store for $325, and have run 150 rounds (115gr. FMJ) through with no hiccups (except one hard primer that fired on the second go. The pin did it's job just fine like the other 149). This little baby puts the round right where you point it, with minimal kick and good recovery. The best news was it came with TWO (yes 2) 13 round double stack magazines! Bersa has my vote for a smaller, good punch packer to go along with my Springfield Armory .45 Standard 1911. I don't need to pay $$$ for a super slick finish which I plan on concealing anyway. So far, this gun fits the reliability bill just fine.

*3 DAY LATER UPDATE* - Went back to the range with the UC9 for more practice and trials. Shot a total of 75 rounds (50 of 115gr. FMJ, and 25 of 147gr. JHP - Win WB). All functioned normal in every respect. A solid pistol that shoots straight, every time you pull the trigger. Shot one of the JHPs into a sand trap and it did a uniform mushroom expansion out to almost .750" with half the bullet still pushing mass showing good rifling marks. Sure would hate to be hit by that!
Redman

Postby ralmanza » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:51 pm

What are some good resources (besides direct from Bersa...too expensive) to get my hands on this gun? I've tried to find it in my area and can't for a reasonable price. I'm not willing to spend more than $350 total for the Ultra Compact 9mm, satin nickel finish, 13 rd. mag version. I know the Firestorm version is also basically the same gun.

Any ideas on how to get my hands on this?
ralmanza

Postby txpanzer » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:35 pm

To mr Ralmanza.I agree with you about Bersa on line: they are overpriced, specially when I know how much the gun costs back in Argentina.

I bought mine on line @ impactguns.com ; with shipping and transfer fee, still paid less than $350. And even if you do, this gun is worth it; like mr Redman said, gun comes with two(2) mags, which if bought separately, is $40 xtra.
txpanzer

Postby ralmanza » Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:17 pm

txpanzer, thanks for the info. It looks like both Bersa and Firestorm versions of 9mm 13 rd. satin nickel are OK in price on that site, but unfortunately out-of-stock.

I'm on a waiting list w/ a local shop to receive the gun once they get it from a distributor. All distributors anyone here is linked to is out-of-stock for what I want.
ralmanza

Postby keyman » Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:42 pm

Hey, ralmanza, the wait for the gun is well worth it. My Bersa 45 is one of the best shooting guns that I have. You will be delighted when you get it.

I like the Bersas so well, I'm thinking of getting either the 9mm or 40 cal. as my next gun.

Just be patient, it'll be here before you know it. By the way, the $350 price tag is not too bad. That's about what they are selling for here in Texas. However they do seem to be more readily available here.

Good luck and happy shooting . . . keyman
keyman

Postby ralmanza » Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:18 pm

Yeah, I'm pretty set on getting my hands on the exact version (3.5'' 9mm nickel finish) I want. I'm searching the Internet high and low.

The gun will go good w/ my Beretta PX4 40SW.
ralmanza

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols