>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Bersa Thunder Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby tigwelder56 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:35 pm

HUH?? I think you did some butt texting there! :-))
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby ulgydog56 » Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:11 pm

what the hell did i write...........I,ll try again do they make a real +p.380 and what approx % of energy does it have over a standard rd....
ulgydog56

Postby tigwelder56 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:24 pm

Let's move this to the Ammunition thread we already have going on +P ammo. That way we don't go off topic! http://www.gundirectory.com/forumThread.asp?threadID=1005594

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby salvatore777 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:07 pm

looking to buy a used bersa thunder 9mm. email if interested in selling.
salvatore777

Postby HawkII » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:12 pm

These pistols are very popular and you have little chance of finding a used one. You can buy a new one for just under $400. Go to Bersa Chat and get more info there. You also get a lifetime warranty on the pistol.

See Bud's Guns for the best prices. Lots of Luck. You will like the pistol. It has a smooth trigger, 2 each 13 round magazines, and is a smooth shooter and very accurate. One of the best buys I ever made.
HawkII

Postby Trapdoorbob » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:44 am

Has anyone benched a Thunder .45 at 50 yds? What kind of groups will it shoot at that range?
Trapdoorbob

Postby 277Volt » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:08 am

It's been 10 months since my initial review of my Thunder 45 Ultra Compact and I have nothing but positive comments to add. After my initial few hiccups when brand new this .45 hasn't skipped a beat since. Round count is up to around 350 rounds of factory Fiocchi 230 gr. XTP and home cast reloads weighing from 185 to 230 grs. Nary a problem. When I first reviewed this pistol I was the only that had fired it but in the meantime I've had five others fire it and none of them found it objectionable. One guy in particular who is very familiar with firearms wasn't sold on the idea of a compact .45 being easy to shoot. After two mags he was a believer. Wear and tear on my pistol has been commensurate with any other pistol I've owned. The finish is surprisingly tough. It made it through a Phoenix summer, daily IWB right against my admittedly very sweaty skin and zero rust. Countless times I got home, unholstered and had to wipe plenty of sweat off the left side of the gun. Considering how caustic human sweat can be against any firearm finish I'm tickled pink with whatever Bersa uses. For $374 out the door I wasn't going to be surprised at rust. Glad to be wrong!

The only caveat/warning I have to a potential buyer is that the grip is rather large for a pistol of this size. My hands are on the small side and this .45 is the absolute limit of what I can use competently.

As I said before I switched to the Bersa from a full size 8+1 1911 that was simply too big for concealed carry on my frame. I'm only giving up one round for something that I literally carry every time I set foot out the front door. I have a nice High Noon IWB holster that makes it disappear both to me and those around me. For those with any model Bersa looking for a good holster, you can't go wrong with High Noon.
277Volt

Postby tigwelder56 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:49 pm

Thanks for the interesting review! I own a Bersa Thunder Ultra Compact 9mm and love it!! The accuracy and ease of maintanence make it #1 in my book of semi autos. One thing I'm going to do though is to radius (round off) the trigger guard. It's a very sharp edge that can cut after a few boxes of rounds. It's that or a glove. Regardless, it was a pleasant surprise, yet anticipated, when the quality of this pistol shined! I'd recommend this brand of pistol to anyone, regardless of caliber!

tigwelder56

Postby Trapdoorbob » Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:03 pm

Have you shot it at 50 yards on the bench Tig?
Trapdoorbob

Postby tigwelder56 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:56 am

I never have Bob. I've done some informal benching at 25 yds and had some very satisfactory results. I used sand bags versus a ransom rest and imagine if I had done that, I'd have been looking at one ragged hole after I was done. I keep waiting for the day when these start becoming harder and harder to get at these prices. It's bound to happen!

tigwelder56

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols