>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Bersa Thunder Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby tigwelder56 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:51 pm

Hey Fryguy, these pistols have no problems at all digesting +P rounds. They'll even take +P+ rounds. Of course any firearm rated for these higher pressure rounds shouldn't be fed them on a steady diet. I practice with standard pressure loads and limited amounts of +P due to price. But you need to shoot enough of them to assure reliability for your self defense needs.
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby tigwelder56 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:54 pm

I meant to mention that these handguns are very well built and should last as long as you do or more! Bersa makes an excellent firearm!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby Trapdoorbob » Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:10 pm

tigwelder56, Is there factory ammo for semiautos in P+ like the 38 speical or are you just refering to hot loads?
Trapdoorbob

Postby tigwelder56 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:18 pm

There are several +P manufacturers, almost everyone of the US companies makes a +P training load as well as +P hollow point defense loads. What are you looking for? I can show you several dealers that handle it.

tigwelder56

Postby tigwelder56 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:27 pm

Hey guys, if you want to continue with this ammunition discussion, we should move it to a proper thread. Let me know what you want to do. I can set it up if you like.

tigwelder56

Postby rgillgil » Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:33 pm

If you have the slightest doubt go to youtube and search: "Bersa with 1500 shot and no jams". This post was by: vicman 3198. After you watch this video there will be no questions whatsoever as to the quality of Bersa firearms. I have own them for over 15 years and the latest one I bought was the Bersa Thunder 40sw UC. I have posted my opinion in the past. People are catching up to this firearm. You can look around and if you are lucky you'll find one that just arrived at your local dealer. Grab it real quick because it will not last long. I prefer the 40sw because I carry my duty Glock 22 gen4 and for ammo standarization I prefer that caliber. It is an excellent firearm in terms of quality, accuracy and price (but not for long). For the money is the best deal right now in the industry.
rgillgil

Postby tigwelder56 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:39 pm

That was a great review! They don't get any better than one from one of our LEO Brothers and Sisters! That's something you can trust your life on, because they do...

tigwelder56

Postby Trapdoorbob » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:27 pm

tigwelder56, I am curious about what else you have to say about P+ ammo. Can you post the link here? thx ;-)
Trapdoorbob

Postby tigwelder56 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:54 am

I'll put it together! Stand by...

Here's your link:

http://www.gundirectory.com/forumThread.asp?threadID=1005594

tigwelder56

Postby ulgydog56 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:35 pm

I too would be intrested in seeing if and what % a

I too would be interested in seeing if a +p.380 rd lives and approx what % of energy it has over a standard 195#psi.380....
ulgydog56

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols