>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Bersa Thunder Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby rgillgil » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:05 pm

Hype, congratulations. I'm glad gun owners are realizing the qualities of Bersa firearms. Now, don't spread the word too fast. You might not find them at a good price anymore, even worst you might not find them at all. Locally they don't last a day after they hit the display. Keep up the good shooting!!!
rgillgil

Postby hyperme » Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:09 am

thanks for the tip rgill on how to fix my mags last time. i bought another 2 mags and found out what went wrong on my old ones. i can't find Eezox and tuf glide here. i found out that mobile1 fully synthetic motor oil also work, i tried mixing it with locally sold gun oil. i guess it worked fine, much better than cheap gun oil. i was just curious on what will be the effect on long term use with my pistol. any idea sir?
hyperme

Postby tigwelder56 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:46 pm

@hyperme, take a look at this website, they've got a ton of information on homemade lubricants and cleaners. I'm told that Ed's Red is really good stuff, haven't tried it personally but reviews have been positive. Good luck http://www.frfrogspad.com/homemade.htm
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby hyperme » Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:58 pm

thank you sir tig. very informative.
hyperme

Postby randy464 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:54 pm

Slapped a 13 round magazine in my bersa 40 UC and went nuts at the range. The magazine worked like a charm wish bersa made a spacer for it but it is what it is.
randy464

Re: Bersa Thunder Reviews

Postby tigwelder56 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:19 pm

I purchased a Bersa Thunder 9 Ultra Compact last year and I'm here to tell you that it's one SWEET handgun!! Damn brothers, any of you that haven't taken advantage of the deal that Bersa has made to us with their line of handguns is truly missing out! This pistol has features that many of the ultra expensive models charge extra for. Things like decockers, picatinny rails, smooth triggers in DA and SA. The sights are excellent, easy to pick up and center. They disassemble about as easy as any pistol I've ever owned and are simple to maintain. My pistol came with a 13 and 10 round magazine, but beware they aren't cheap to purchase, so keep your eyes open for good deals, they are out there if you look.

I've purchased a Laser Max Mini for mine and it's an excellent upgrade for those that are interested in adding a laser. The price for them is very reasonable, I paid less than $110 brand new. I carry mine in a Bersa Vega holster designed for the Laser Max sight and it fits like a glove, doesn't activate the laser like some holsters will. It's a great combo and if you're in the market I suggest you look at this one first!

Best, Tig
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Previous

Return to Pistols