>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Beretta 80 Series Cheetah Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby tigwelder56 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:46 pm

I didn't check my email before leaving :-( I was there too and would've enjoyed the meet. What did you think of this show? I thought there were plenty of guns but they didn't have many accessories compared to others. But it was still more enjoyable than anything else I had to do!
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby Doriadiver » Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:53 pm

Although I spent almost the entire morning there, I thought it was kinda .... ho-hum. I was eyeballing a lil used Kimber Eclipse but just didn't wanna part with that many dead Benjies. I don't know why the little guys even bother with the show, Shoot Straight just BURIES them with their prices. Their selling new at prices at or below other guys used prices.
Doriadiver

Postby Doriadiver » Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:31 pm

Love my Cheetah.......feels GREAT in the hand and eats EVERYTHING I feed it. Very accurate with no FTF, FTE or any other issue. Except for that POS Tomcat, Berettas continue to impress the hell outta me.
Doriadiver

Postby Secret2Be » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:28 pm

Doriadiver...couldn't agree with you more. The 84FS is incredible. Dirty, clean, it eats everything...I have about 2000 rounds through mine in less than a year and it's performed flawlessly.
Secret2Be

Postby Doriadiver » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:17 am

The only negative I can say is that I have some difficulty after cleaning, reassembling the gun. I find that I have to watch a U Tuber do it and it doesn't look any different than what I'm doing .....it then mysteriously reassembles. Still haven't quite figured out the thing I'm screwing up but....it doesn't reassemble like my Sigs that's for sure! It does however shoot just as well.
Doriadiver

Postby ke7zem » Sat May 21, 2011 11:56 pm

I just bought the model 84fs cheetah chambered in 9 short. It has the nickel finish and brown grips. I think they are wood, not sure. It was just over 700 bucks and came with 2 - 13 round mags! I've shot about 200 rnds through it so far and love it! I had the original 92 fs years ago and loved it, I'm a left handed shooter and love the double/single action trigger. I own a RIA M1911A1 which of course I love and a Glock model 22 in .40 S&W. I like the Glock but don't think I can afford to run all three so I might sell it. I bought one extra Glock 15 rnd mag, a 2 mag kydex holster, and a left handed open top black leather belt holster with 2 carry position. forward cant and strait up and down. it's a little over 3 yrs old, has less than 2,000 rounds through it,, I take very good care of my side arms. anyway, I should probably put that in another section.
ke7zem

Postby Doriadiver » Sat May 28, 2011 9:51 am

A little big for a .380 but a GREAT shooter. I really enjoy this one and well, actually all 3 Berettas I currently own. They make a good product ....except for that POS .32 Pop up Barrel paperweight but thats another forum.
Doriadiver

Postby ke7zem » Sun May 29, 2011 1:53 pm

This is crazy! I'm a left handed shooter, and all the side arms I've ever had and have now, it is a pain in the behind to get a good left handed holster. I ordered a nice, black leather belt holster for my Beretta 84FS Cheetah from FALCO LEATHER on line on April 20th. I still have not received it!!! it should be in the mail by Monday at the latest. They have been good about getting back to me and they did say it could take 20 business days maximum, but it has passed that mark already. It's may 31st!

Anyway, I've been using my Desantis open top belt holster with the tensions screw as tight as possible, it's made for my Glock model 22, it works ok. I love that gun though, went to the range a week ago and it is spot on. the only thing bad I can say about it is it's rough on the hands. it does have some sharp edges and I actually bought some shooting gloves. It's a great compact gun to use for carry or for fun (hey, that rhymed!).
ke7zem

Postby Backlash » Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:16 pm

Want to carry a spare magazine Concealed? Try Safariland's Horizontal Concealment Holster #T0021-B $24.95. Perfect fit for backup ammo for the Beretta or almost any of 100 semi-auto handgun magazines.
Backlash

Postby Backlash » Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:29 pm

I carry the Beretta Cheetah in a Crossbreed holster for the past 2 months. This has proven to be an awesome combination. Firing well over a 1000 rds through my weapon with no malfunctions of any kind. In conjunction with the Crossbreed holster I've fitted all of my conceal carry options with Crossbreed it's a proven comfortable choice.

If you choose a Crossbreed holster for the Beretta Cheetah you may consider the "Combat Cut". The leather or horse hide tends to fold over the the gun interfering with drawing the weapon. (10.00 Extra for the combat cut)

My only complaint is switching to night sights.

You will have the front slide removed and have it sent to a company out of Michigan that can have the work done in 3 weeks at $175.00.

The cheetah don't come with replacement night-sights. Yet I have seen some offered with them, if you decide to get this weapon and night sights is an option...get it.

There are many options for self defense and the Beretta Cheetah is a go to gun if trouble arises.
Backlash

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols