>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Beretta 92 Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby Coverfire » Wed May 02, 2007 9:05 pm

Coverfire

Postby DADDYMONSTER » Thu May 03, 2007 12:03 pm

GOOD LORD. What the hell is the dam goverment up to now. i'm sure the nra is going to be all over this one. Of course they would try to sneak this won in when a massive shoot incident happens. I'm sure they think public opinion will help them. Of course they might want to think about one thing, any president that has tryed this sort of thing never gets elected or reelected ( at least i wouldnt vote for them)to office. so let them screw up there political life. HEY DO YOU MIND IF I PASS THIS ONE AROUND THE SIGHT A BIT
DADDYMONSTER

Postby Coverfire » Thu May 03, 2007 3:17 pm

NO go ahead that what i posted this for. Everyone should know about this
Coverfire

Postby DADDYMONSTER » Thu May 03, 2007 3:40 pm

thanx i'll pass it around as much as possible
DADDYMONSTER

Postby jeff6 » Thu May 17, 2007 11:23 pm

I love this gun! I've not had one problem whatsoever. It's really smooth, accurate, fun to shoot, and very reliable. My only problem is that it's pretty big for a 9 mm.
jeff6

Postby texn695 » Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:35 pm

My Beretta 92F is 14 years old and shoots perfect every round. It is my most favorite pistol and I have many.

You can't go wrong with the 92F.
texn695

Postby CPrinzivalli » Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:03 pm

Just purchased a 90-Two (9mm) a few days ago...I've been shopping for months, and narrowed it down to the Walther P99, Beretta Px4, and Springfield XD9...But the salesman took out the Px4, and showed me the 90-two, I fell in love...It fit in my hand perfectly and had the most solid feel I've ever felt...I spend a little more, but then isn't that always the case?..

I went to the range soon after and put a few hundred rounds through it (Winchester 115 Grain)...My groupings were initally sloppy, but quickly cleaned up...The gun has a nice crisp trigger, is very accutate for a pistol - probably due to its size, and had less kick than expected...The sights are very nice, almost like night sights, and the feel is VERY solid...

The packaging came with (2) 15 count magazines, a small cleaning kit, gun lock, and a small cup (don't yet know what it's for)...Although everything fits nicely, I felt I had to immediately purchase an extra case...

It is very easy to field strip and clean, for I'm a rookie and I did it successfully on the first attempt...Very few moving parts, and utmost sturdy construction lead me to beleive that it will function nicely in years to come...

I only have minor comments...Since I have smaller hands, I found it difficult to get my thumb up to throw the safety without severly tipping the gun...The manual isn't very descriptive and isn't worth the paper it's printed on...And it is kinda large to use as a concealed carry weapon...But in Jersey, we don't have to worry about that...lol...(We can't get CCW permits)

I can, in good concious, reccomend this pistol highly...It has some nice improvements to the legendary 92...Better grips, look, feel, and much smoother...It took me 4 months to get the permits and paperwork together to purchase a pistol, and I am VERY happy with my choice...

Safe Shooting...CP
CPrinzivalli

Postby Coverfire » Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:08 pm

CPrinzivalli

i don't know why beretta makes guns so big for. i have a 92fs and that is the only problem i have with the gun. And by the way does the 90 two have adjustable sights
Coverfire

Postby wiggins » Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:48 am

I have shot one of these in the military and it was OK, I also had my own and for some reason it shot six inches low and to the left @ 7 yards. It was also to large for my hands, as well as being a large gun in general, but most U.S. military sidearms are. I have put the 92 in the ground for good, but would recommend it to shooters with larger hands than mine.
wiggins

Postby jvv » Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:22 pm

my problem with this is its size. everyone can tell that i'm carying. the grip is fatter than most. disasembly is much more complicated than a glock. the gun is also a bit heavy specially with my meckgar mag (17 round). when i use my inside holster, it's much more difficult to sit down.

but, it's a very reliable pistol. quality is good and so is the balance (when you're firing the weapon). i can undestand why the us armeds forces uses this weapon. it's ideal for sentries and guards. i think it's more suitable for the military's needs but civilian usage demands more from a hand gun.

i'm forcing myself to regularly cary this weapon as my ccw but i mis my glock 19 teribly. hours of carying the 92 around is torture on the hips. i can't wait to take it off whenever i get home.

sorry 92 fans but i still prefer my tuperware (glock 19) for everyday use. i'll give the gun some more time before i really make up my mind.

beretta 92 - a great gun, but a smaller weapon i can carry around is more suitable FOR ME. note: glock 17 are also too big for my needs. the same problems as my beretta. i prefer the beretta 92 againts the g 17. it just looks much more cooler! lol

to those who are interested, you can read my comments about glock 19.
jvv

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols