>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Beretta 92 Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby GunCat » Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:59 pm

My favorite gun that Ive owned and used is my Beretta 92FS. Its extremely reliable with magazines manufactured by Beretta, MDS, or Mec-Gar. Dont buy magazines other than those three brands.

To me, it seems to be one of the best balanced and most egronomic pistols out there, not to mention how nice they look. They preform just as well.

If I were to only have one gun, it would be this one. The 92FS is probably one of the most reliable pistols in the world.

For those who care, newer 92s have some polymer parts, and some metal reinforced polymer parts. The parts do not detract from the operation of the pistol in anyway, however in my opinion they are less attractive than their mettallic counter-parts. Also, they are black even on stainless guns. Another recent change is the dustcover on newer guns is tapered instead of straight.

Those changes might be something to look for when looking for a 92FS, if you have a preference towards one or the other. Im perfectly happy with my newer style 92FS.
GunCat

Postby techdavejr » Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:29 pm

ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY 92!!! Now I know why the US military use this weapon. The recoil is clean and very manageable. Its well balanced when you have a full clip in the handle. And the sights are better than most pistols out in the market. The safety is a very nice touch... you can activate the safety and decock it with the same motion. And it cleans up faster than most of my pistols.

Bottom line: I score more points with this pistol, and so far it is the best that I have ever owned or used. I only wish that Beretta made compact 92s.
techdavejr

Postby JJHamilton » Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:15 pm

This is one of the best 9mm i have ever shot, accuracy is amazing, i have never had any pistol related problems, recoil is less than any other 9mm except the Beretta PX 4 storm...Did i mention the highlight of this gun is accuracy accuracy wow........finish well so far no one can beat Glock on finish...this would be my favorite gun if it had a Gock finish
JJHamilton

Postby JJHamilton » Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:16 pm

This is one of the best 9mm i have ever shot, accuracy is amazing, i have never had any pistol related problems, recoil is less than any other 9mm except the Beretta PX 4 storm...Did i mention the highlight of this gun is accuracy accuracy wow........finish well so far no one can beat Glock on finish...this would be my favorite gun if it had a Glock finish
JJHamilton

Postby TrippleArrows » Sun Sep 17, 2006 12:49 am

I shot my Beretta 92fs for the first time today, and I am very pleased with the $450 investment I put into it. Now, before I went out and purchased this (my first gun) I frequently shot a .380 Auto Walther PPK/S (pre S&W?) and a .45 GAP Glock 37. The PPK was ok, but very uncomfortable with its metal frame. The Glock was fantastic, but the Beretta just appealed to me more. I was absolutely right in buying the Beretta. I bought the last 92fs that they had at my local Cabelas and I am absolutely thrilled with the results. The gun has is very accurate and the recoil is pretty minimal. While the DA trigger pull is really heavy, the SA is really comfortable. Speaking of comfort, the stock grips helped make this gun very easy to shoot and for a long time. I shot 150 rounds and my hand felt as though I hadnt shot 1. The only thing that came up was that I had two jams and a single misfire, but I blame that on the break in period. While I am new to shooting, I would say that the Beretta may or may not be the best gun in the world, but is a great investment. A dream to shoot.
TrippleArrows

Postby mantua3 » Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:48 pm

Just got my Millitary Version of the 92FS - The M9. This is a great pistol. Prior to buying it, I tried the Taurus PT-92, the Glock 17, and the Sig as well as the Beretta. By far, this is the most well balanced of all. The moment i handled this weapon, it felt right.

The most impressive feature of the gun, however, was the feeling of genuine quality built into it The magazine release, the quality of the sights, and the solidness of the constructions was impressive.

I would recommend cleaning the gun prior to its first use. I field stipped the pistol before shooting it and found that it was unevenly oiled. I completely cleaned and oiled the pistol prior to the first use and it work flawlessly.

I went to the range and shot 180 rounds and was extremely happy with my purchase. I would HIGHLY recommend this pistol - either the 92FS or the M9 - for anyone who wants a quality, well balanced pistol.
mantua3

Postby devildog724 » Sun Sep 24, 2006 11:06 pm

being in the marine corps, i have qualified expert with this weapon every time. very accurate,balanced and overall a great pistol. Im not a fan of the 9mm, Ive heard many complaints from fellow marines whove been deployed and had to use the pistol in hostile action, it took numerous shots to subdue the enemy. The shot placements were all in the center mass area. The us military is bound by the geneva convention which restricts our use of hollow point or other expanding types of rounds. Which the hollow points really help the 9mm acheive optimal knock down force.

Id opt for the 40 cal beretta, other than the fact of the 9mm chambering great gun, you wont be dissapointed
devildog724

Postby Egoslayer1 » Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:45 pm

I have shot about a dozen semi-autos and of them the 92FS is the most comfortable to shoot. Its big and heavy, so I wouldnt use it for concealed carry, but its very comfortable to shoot, easy on the hands. It never had any problems unless you limp-wrist shoot, in which case it wont eject properly, but thats to be expected. I highly recommend it for comfort and reliability.
Egoslayer1

Postby aaron » Tue Oct 17, 2006 3:08 am

i just put a beretta 92 on lay-a-way at my work so i thought i would check it out on line and found out it should come with a 10 round mag not 2 15s i was woundering if it could be a m9 instead also because it was supposed to go to the military any one have any ideas?
aaron

Postby aaron » Tue Oct 17, 2006 3:08 am

i just put a beretta 92 on lay-a-way at my work so i thought i would check it out on line and found out it should come with a 10 round mag not 2 15s i was woundering if it could be a m9 instead also because it was supposed to go to the military any one have any ideas?
aaron

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols