>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Beretta 92 Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Beretta 92 Reviews

Postby SOMarsh » Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:42 am

Ah, yes. The Beretta 92 (FS). I am a security officer at an Arizona Military Base. As we are "contract"" security, we have the option to choose (within reason) the duty weapon we carry. For 32 years I packed some form of 1911A1. I shot considerably with them, including some IPSC for many years. Yes, I sneered at the 9mm in general, normally referring to it as a "".45 set on stun."" With the advent of some quality personal protection/law enforcement ammunition, I will admit that I have become...well...rather enamored with the 9 mm, and in particular the Beretta 92. I utilize the Gold Dot ammunition. I have never had a jam. I have superior capacity in rounds carried without a reload. The recoil is gentler. The accuracy is the same. The quality I cannot fault. The initial double action pull sucks the big one. It is less ""intimidating"" to onlookers than a 1911A1 carried condition one, therefore a bit more public relations friendly. I dont mean this as a left handed compliment, but I consider it the equal of the Colt. Hey, I stake my safety on this peice of metal, and I do not take second rate material when it comes to my life."
SOMarsh

Postby Makarov » Sat Apr 29, 2006 5:14 am

the Beretta 92 ROCKS ten times the gun the Glock ever dreamed of being nice and smooth and accurate o and reliable to i got mine about 2 yrs ago and i love allmoste no kick at all unlike my polymer pistol a XD 9
Makarov

Postby Train » Sat May 20, 2006 3:52 am

Not a big fan of this gun. The gun is fairly accurate, just enjoy that very long 14 lb trigger pull on your first shot. I know the remaining shots will be single action, but the 1st shot is probably going to be the most important. Sig is so much better if you are looking for a da/sa gun. If not glock and sa xd are also great guns. Dont think the Beretta is a bad weapon, but it is not one of he best
Train

Postby bennyboy181 » Tue May 30, 2006 1:21 am

I have a 92fs vertec and i love it. its easy to shoot, easy to breakdown and clean, ambitextrous safety, the mags lock up nice and tight. the accessory rail is an amazing addition. it is reliable and has some of the best safety features of any gun ever. I added hogue grips and swapped out the factory recoilspring and guide rod for a metal one. These additions this gun performs even better i have fired over 1500 rounds and never had it jam not once. I love this gun
bennyboy181

Postby Mwuagi » Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:32 pm

Being a military man, and having it as my service pistol, I am compelled to use it. I bought one for myself so that I can practice with it as often as possible. I even use it in military pistol competitions... I have to say that it is a reliable and accurate pistol, as long as it is clean and oiled properly... Woe be to the pistolero who neglects his Beretta... Personally, I would pick other pistols for world-wide deployment. In a desert environment, the Beretta needs to be babied too much.
Mwuagi

Postby smschulz » Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:32 pm

I have had my 92 FS for 16 years. NEVER a jam. Easy to use, clean. VERY accurate. It is a little fat in the handle but that is my only complaint. Summary, a very accurate and dependable weapon. Nuff said.
smschulz

Postby Ice4Blood » Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:19 pm

I recently bought my first Beretta and it was a Model 92FS with a Crimson Trace. I havent yet fired 1000 rounds through it but I LOVE it. Zero problems and nothing not to love. Great balance, low recoil, feels like an extension of my hand, incredibly accurate and easier to take down than my beloved Glocks. This will not be my last Beretta and the one I own is now hands down my favorite semi ever.
Ice4Blood

Postby SMoore » Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:01 pm

Ive used and carried this pistol in the Army and its OK. It does what its supposed to do. Other than that... its nothing spectacular.
SMoore

Postby mjs020294 » Sat Jul 08, 2006 12:50 am

mjs020294

Postby dood » Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:36 am

Ive used and carried this pistol in the Army and its OK. It does what its supposed to do. Other than that... its nothing spectacular. -SMoore

This is the ultimate complement. When a gun has no outstanding flaws to the point that it seems common or boring, you know it works well.

I recently bought a 92FS and put 200 rounds though it yesterday. It shoots to point of aim and does what an auto-pistol ought to do. Nice pistola.
dood

Next

Return to Pistols