>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Bernardelli P6 Pistol spare parts

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Bernardelli P6 Pistol spare parts

Postby shepherdandrew » Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:12 am

Im about to purchase a used Bernardelli P6 .38, and am concerned with the longevity of its components. Does this gun have a reputation for any weak parts that I should plan to buy spare/backup parts for? I understand that it is no longer supported by its manufacturer, but am hoping that I could still find parts for it if/when needed to keep it in good repair on my own. Ill be buying it for $225 retail from a firearms dealer here locally and as far as I know it looks and am told is in very good and fully operational and safe condition. I wanted a gun for pure home defense and very occassional visits to the shooting range. My objective was to find a decent sized caliber (for the so called stopping power) and have the ammo not be too expensive and also have it be a semi-auto for rapid firing and an above average round-capacity and/or quick, easy clip reloading (multiple clips). I like the size, look and feel of it very much in handling it. I think Im making a good decision ... what do you think? My budget is very firm on this purchase.
shepherdandrew

Postby shepherdandrew » Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:53 am

Me again with an update. Ill post this in Chatter next time, as I just realized Wield your Weapon (Pistols) is not the place to discuss this. But, I bought a used Taurus 22LR caliber instead for $175 (in very good condition) from a reputable firearms dealer. It is my very first handgun I will be owning for target shooting and home defense. Over the coming months or years I expect to acquire a taste for bigger caliber hand guns... who knows what will be the next purchase... a 9mm, 38 or 45 mag? We shall see.
shepherdandrew

Return to Pistols