>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Glock 19 vs Springfield XD

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Glock 19 vs Springfield XD

Postby zsgrnday » Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:32 pm

I am looking at hanguns for a first time purchase, and am interested in both the Glock 19 and the XD. I was wondering if anyone can give me feedback on a first time user getting either gun. Also if someone owns both if they could give me some kind of comparison. I would have it for range shooting, and just for the love of handguns. i would appreciate anything! thanks
zsgrnday

Postby GTS197 » Sat Nov 04, 2006 1:45 pm

I own a Glock 19 and it is the best 9mm I have ever owned. It doesnt malfunction, eats anything, and is a breeze to clean, plus the hexagonal bore extends the barrel life. The size is perfect for concealment, but not so small that it cant be employed at medium range distances.

I dont own an XD, so I really cant give a fair comparison. A couple of my coworkers have them and have nothing negative to say about the gun. I dont think that you would go wrong with either. Have you held each one? Which one is more comfortable to you? They are pretty comprable price wise, so it may come down to which one is the most ergonomic.
GTS197

Postby BZShooter » Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:43 am

I used to used glock back in 92-95 but I start to have to many problem still a great gun but I dont trust for time you will really need.

I own a XD .45 now so far has been a great gun (but Match ammo is a problem at least to my xd)

Springfield gives lifetime warranty that is a big plus
BZShooter

Return to Pistols