>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Arma Laser SR2 Stingray review

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Arma Laser SR2 Stingray review

Postby pmaubo » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:21 am

I pre-ordered this new laser a few months ago and when I finally got it, it was missing the screws to lock down the battery and was also missing the batteries as well. The unit fits fine on my PX4 Storm subcompact 9mm but I am very disappointed in the service and the company in general.

I currently have a Insight X2L tactical laser light unit but I wanted something that was small enough to carry. The X2L is a great ligh/laser combo and I keep it on my gun at home. An example of a great company is with Insight the lens on the light had a slight defect on it and they sent me a whole new bezel assembly. With Aralaser their support stinks. So think twice before spending your hard earned money on it because customer service is an important thing.
pmaubo

Postby hokie1301 » Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:39 pm

Armalaser customer service is legendary. Always had great dealings with the company and my SR2 is the 3rd laser I've bought from them. Not sure what your issue is with them but they've always treated me and 2 of my friends who own their lasers professionally and have gone beyond what I've experienced with other companies. You never mention why their customer service ''stinks'' or what they did or didn't do for you. My screws were in a separate baggie along with the batteries so you may have actually have to look for them in the packaging. If you can't find them, just call them and they will make it right. You made your post the day before Thanksgiving so you may need to wait until they open after the holiday. If you had bad experience with them, you're the only one I've ever heard of that ever did.
hokie1301

Postby pmaubo » Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:39 pm

I did speak with their technical support and they did say they would send me more screws and the 2 batteries and once I recieve them I will certainly post to the forum and let everyone know they came through for me.

My "issue" was it was missing one screw and also the batteries so they probably just need to get a little better Quality control, or if it's being drop-shipped from China slap them around a bit! :)
pmaubo

Postby pmaubo » Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:06 pm

I recieved the screws and 2 batteries today. The unit works just fine. I'll probably go to the range tomorrow and test it out and sight it in.
pmaubo

Postby hokie1301 » Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:23 pm

Glad you got what you needed, armalaser is a darn good company and they've always treated us right. I lost the side braces for the Ruger LCP laser in a move about a year ago, I called them to see if I could buy a set, their customer service sent me a set free of charge even though losing them was my fault. They were helpful and polite and I got them in 2 days so you can't beat that service.

That's why when I read your post I was surprised because if you spend anytime on the LCP or Kel-Tec boards armalaser is considered one of the top companies in the business and is a sponsor. They are also made in the USA which I try to buy whenever I can. Glad to hear it worked out for you.
hokie1301

Return to Pistols