>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Gun Chatter

Connecticut Massacre...

General discussion and chatter about firearms and weapons only.

Connecticut Massacre...

Postby tigwelder56 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:32 pm

I pray for all those affected by this horrible crime and it is a crime caused by an individual, not a crime caused by a gun. The gun was a tool of a sick individual and must be realized as such. My Brothers and Sisters at Oathkeepers have posted this comment that I want to share with you.
**************************************************************************************************

This shooting is yet another tragic example of the failed, grotesque insistence on helpless victim zones where any crazed gunman can be assured of a large number of disarmed, undefended, helpless victims, all crammed into one place, where he can kill many children before an armed defender arrives from elsewhere. It is disturbing and sick that the federal government so hates the right of the American people to bear arms, and so hates their natural right to self defense, that the government insists on making them helpless, disarmed victims for anyone who cares to kill them. And in this case, all of the teachers and staff were willfully disarmed by the Federal Government, by force of law and threat of prison, to ensure that they would be disarmed and incapable of saving the lives of the children entrusted to their care.

That makes the Federal Government complicit in the deaths of these children, and in fact an accessory to their mass murder, by forcibly disarming (with the very real threat of prison) all the teachers, all the staff, and any parent who may have been on school property. That stupid law guaranteed the shooters would meet no immediate armed resistance, which is exactly what is needed to stop such an attack.

In such a shooting (as in every criminal attack), seconds count, and the people best positioned to stop the attack are the people on the scene - the intended victims and/or their care-takers. In this case, that would mean the teachers and staff of the school, and also the parents, who should have the ability to save the lives of their own children as they take them to and from school.

Oathkeepers
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Re: Connecticut Massacre...

Postby GOANRA » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:57 pm

Double tap, Tig.

My wife is a retired school admin (principle), whom has always believed every public school needs "Designated Armed Staff"... instead of stupid 'No Guns' signs at every entrance, which only serve to inform sociopaths that, the area is a prime "KILLING ZONE".

The government we elected obviously does NOT care about our children and calling 911 only proves LEOs are minutes away, when seconds count.
It is past time for our 'GOOD CITIZENS' to be armed in order to protect our children.

Stop creating "KILLING ZONES" from Kintergarten to Virginia Tech.

GUN CONTROL gets too many people killed needlessly, this is just one more "example".
NRA Lifer
GOA member
Retired LEO
Μολὼν λαβέ
If gun laws worked; criminals would obey them.
Join the NRA here: http://home.nra.org/#/nraorg
GOANRA

Postby g4l » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:28 am

Hello My Friends;
As tears fill My eyes every time I think of the evil that took these Children in My home State, I cannot comprehend how a human could unleash this on such innocence. I feel such anger, sadness, helplessness...I just don't understand. Evil is real, and it can visit any of us at any time, and this proves evil has NO LIMITS or NO LINES it will not cross!! We must be observant of our surroundings; watch, listen and react appropriately.
g4l

Postby GOANRA » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:00 pm

Just read yesterday,(Gunwire) that the MI legislature, (my home State) passed legislation on 15 Dec 2012 eliminating these "Killing Zones". Waiting for the Gov's signature.
That was fast!

They see the logic in using the 'Good' armed citizens as an asset in preventing these atrocities, in schools, theaters, stadiums, campuses, etc. CPL holders will be required to undergo some extra training, is all.

This sure beats the idea of dumping more idiotic 'Gun-Control' on the law-abiding.
Nations where citizens are disallowed firearms, are experiencing these same mass-murders... can't stop sociopaths with meaningless laws.

Western Europe, Germany, Australia, and Great Britain forbid gun ownership by citizens, but are the leaders in these 'Mass-Murders'... Great Britain is up 35% in gun-violence, despite total Gun-Control. Their 'Not-So-Free' media, keeps these incidents quiet.

Gun Control only serves Tyrants, not Humanity. It seems Michigan figured that out.
NRA Lifer
GOA member
Retired LEO
Μολὼν λαβέ
If gun laws worked; criminals would obey them.
Join the NRA here: http://home.nra.org/#/nraorg
GOANRA

Postby tigwelder56 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:13 am

"Just read yesterday,(Gunwire) that the MI legislature, (my home State) passed legislation on 15 Dec 2012 eliminating these "Killing Zones". Waiting for the Gov's signature.
That was fast!

They see the logic in using the 'Good' armed citizens as an asset in preventing these atrocities, in schools, theaters, stadiums, campuses, etc. CPL holders will be required to undergo some extra training, is all."

I was very pleased to see that someone, somebody actually had the smarts to establish some intelligent "new" gun laws that actually would have made a positive difference. But unfortunately right after I read Goanra's post describing this great bit of news I turned on Fox news and heard what actually didn't surprise me at all. That was news that the Michigan governor vetoed the legislation, refusing to even consider it. Didn't matter that the elected Congress of Michigan wrote the legislation and agreed that it needed to be enacted as soon as possible! No!!! One individual shouldn't have the power to overturn the will of the majority. This is yet another sad decision made by an elected official ignoring the will of the people... :evil:

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby lotsip81 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:06 pm

First off, let me say that my heart and prayers go out to all the victims and their families of this horrific tragedy.

Hearing that the legislation was struck down by the governor is indeed sad news, for the responsibilities of our elected officials are supposed to be working for the people. They do this by representing their constituents opinions and by in-acting laws that the citizens want to govern themselves. If the populous wanted this, and congress presented it to the governor in a legitimate and legal fashion, there should have been no justifiable reason for the veto.
"Guns don't kill people, People do!"
lotsip81

Postby Will_Carry » Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:26 pm

The NRA just spoke on TV. They suggested having an armed presence at our public schools. Imagine that! I think if honest law abiding citizens have to give up their firearms that will leave the criminals as the only armed citizens. Mexico has very strick gun laws and they had like 50,000 people killed last year by firearms. My suggestions would be:

1) Increase security in public schools, including armed LEOs.
2) Make gun safety manditory. You are responsible for your firearm. There are three places a firearm should be.....
A) In a safe place. Locked out or in a safe, or on your hip under your control.
B) Pointed towards the threat with your finger off the trigger
C) Actively engaged with the threat.
These three simple rules can save lives.
3) Get people with mental health problems the help they need.
Will_Carry

Postby tigwelder56 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:59 pm

Read the facts and come to your own conclusion!!

tigwelder56

Postby JustBen » Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:41 am

Newtown is my home town and I went K through 12 in Sandy Hook. Some of my friends had grandchildren in that building during the shooting. God Bless those families, Gob Bless all the good people that helped keep the Westboro nuts from protesting at the funerals, and God Bless all the good Americans keeping up the fight to ensure our God given and Constitutionally guaranteed rights to defend ourselves and our children. The anger I feel towards the leftists in our government and our electorate for using situations like this to further their power grab and facilitate more crimes like this, words cannot speak.
JustBen

Postby tigwelder56 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:33 pm

Ben, hello my old friend. I'm sorry that it is this horrific incident that brings us back together and I pray that nothing like this will ever happen again. Knowing your hometown is Newtown just shakes me to my core. You have shown me that we do indeed know people that are directly affected by these terrible attacks. It's what we do to prevent this from happening again, what we do to help those adversely affected by the original event, as well as other attacks on humanity. Any time this happens, especially a time as special and important to us spiritually and physically as this is, demands us to fight back, to protect our rights as Americans and to require our elected officials to use the rights, laws and the Constitution drafted by our Founding Fathers to protect us, our children and our country from the anarchy and tyranny we are witnessing right now!! This must end and our government isn't doing anything productive to stop it!!

tigwelder56

Next

Return to Gun Chatter