>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Gun Chatter

Please help me choose Small Auto Pistol

General discussion and chatter about firearms and weapons only.

Postby GOANRA » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:06 pm

I am 6'1", but my wife has always called me 'Shorty'.

This confuses me.
NRA Lifer
GOA member
Retired LEO
Μολὼν λαβέ
If gun laws worked; criminals would obey them.
Join the NRA here: http://home.nra.org/#/nraorg
GOANRA

Postby beckee615 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:31 am

Yes DoriaDiver ...I caught that! lol!

ok ...Iam going shooting 2morrow & will be trying out several guns in hopes of helping me decide. I will let ya know my thoughts & if I have any questions I will def ask!

Thank you all....
beckee615

Postby TEXVETNAM67-68 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:10 pm

Beckee615,

Before you jump in and buy any pistol, you need to take an objective look at the fundimental reason you are getting a pistol.

1. If it is for target practice at a gun range, then the sight radius becomes important and longer barrels shoot straighter.

2. If it is for protection, then the largest caliber you can comfortablly handle becomes the important consideration,

If it will sit on your bedside stand, barrel lengh is not a big consideration.

If it is for concealed cary, you wouldn't want a long barrel which is harder to conceal and carry than a snub nosed pistol.

3. A 22 pistols would be great to start with, but a small snub nosed pistol like a Smith and Wesson Chief's Special 38 would be one to take a strong look at. It;s a double action 5 shot revolver - no safety to forget to release, no slide to crank in a round in a hurry, just point it at that butthead and pull the trigger.

They even make pistol in colors for the ladies!

4. A 22 will not stop any one. 38+P's will stop anyone.
TEXVETNAM67-68

Postby whitehood » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:19 pm

The mafia seems to like the 22 just fine. Of course this is not my first choice but it seems to work for them.
whitehood

Postby beckee615 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:22 am

I spent the whole day shooting & even went to 2 differ ranges & stayed until close at the last one.

I shot the same 2 guns pretty much every time.

My favorite was the AR 15 w/a scope & suppressor! Loved it!!

Would def like to have this as I shot better than I ever have before & at a much greater distance as well!

The other that I liked was the Walther P22 pistol! I had one police officer there tell me it was a nice gun & another officer tell me basically that it wasnt.

Any opinions on this would be appreciated.....
beckee615

Postby tigwelder56 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:32 pm

Brian, I removed your web address because we have a system of adding active links to these messages. It makes it alot easier for people reading your comments to reach the website in question. The next time you post a comment, look at the upper right corner of the white comment box. You'll see instructions on how to do a few different things. With that in mind, here's the address that you left for Beckee, the Walther P22 thread. http://www.gundirectory.com/forumThread.asp?threadID=20087&p=1&s=-1

Beckee, the suppressed AR15 isn't a small auto pistol the last time I looked at mine!! Nice rifle but damn hard to conceal, lol!! The P22 has mixed reviews, so you'll have to weigh the differences between it and the other pistols that you try. Did you try any other .22 semi auto's?
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby Doriadiver » Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:41 pm

Hey Tig.....Is that an AR-15 in your pants or are you just happy to see me?
Doriadiver

Postby tigwelder56 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:05 pm

No that's my Suppressor. Silent but deadly! And no, that doesn't mean I have gas... :-)
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby BrianB » Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:16 pm

Ah, I see, thanks for the tip Tig. I should have known how to do that but I get kinda lazy from time to time. Actually, most of the time.

(Same link)

http://www.gundirectory.com/forumThread.asp?threadID=20087&p=1&s=-1
BrianB

Postby beckee615 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:25 pm

Tig...your right as it would def be difficult to conceal, however, I love it & hopefully soon will b getting one! lol! I would like one exactly like the one I shot w/the same scope & a suppressor though...

I did go & look through the reviews & def seems to be alot of mix reviews...one thing that did happen was the Walther 22 that I shot kept jamming after awhile & did not want to shoot the ammo. I kept changing ammo to get it to shoot then it was fine...
beckee615

PreviousNext

Return to Gun Chatter