>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Gun Chatter

Help please

General discussion and chatter about firearms and weapons only.

Help please

Postby michiganjim » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:55 am

I posted this in the wrong place so trying again.

Before going to a gun shop, I thought someone here might help. I purchased a Ruger P95 last year. I really like it. Over 500 rounds and not a single jamb or miss fire. I've cleaned it twice between use, and, then it sat for a few months. At the range yesterday, I fired a couple hundred rounds. Today, I disassembled and cleaned it again.

Now, it is stuck halfway back together. The slide is caught, the barrel and camblock are sticking out the front. Slide only moves back about 3/4". Pin (slide stop) is not in.

I have the book open in front of me and thought I was doing it right like i did twice before.

Any suggestions?
michiganjim

Postby BrianB » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:01 pm

I don't have a P95, my only thought to suggest would perhaps be to try calling Ruger and see if they could help you figure it out over the phone.
BrianB

Postby smith6906 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:34 pm

sounds like your pinblock in the slide is stuck to your trigger pin above the trigger housing. try *if you know how to reassemble the trigger assembly* to use a punch to knock out the big pin right above the trigger, if you dont feel compfortable doing that, i would recommend going to your local gun shop and having them do it for ya :-)
smith6906

Return to Gun Chatter