>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Gun Chatter

Need Advice for Home Defense

General discussion and chatter about firearms and weapons only.

Postby Gloc9mm » Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:55 am

Are these "Permits" easy to get, or are they like CCW's??

What I mean is are you able to purchase Ammo if you happen to have a Felony? I know a "Felony" has a million meanings. My friend is about the straightest person you could ever know, but he cannot get a CCW because he got a DUI a thousand yrs ago when he was 18. They don't come right out and say it, but they do ask and don't issue if so.

It is all just another attempt by "Big Brother" to keep track of every move we make. Thank God I have never lived anywhere that needed this crap.
Gloc9mm

Postby robalan » Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:15 pm

They would probably put you in jail for 48 hours in Illinois just for asking the question. :-) I got mine around 30 years ago. But I am sure it was like a CCW in many ways. They do a background check.
robalan

Postby ulgydog56 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:45 pm

illinios,,the state and chicago stink with corruption and self serving, but yet they won,t let you protect yourself...what a joke.....most of the people who live there need blame only themselfs...its called voting.you could not pay me enuff to live there....
ulgydog56

Postby GOANRA » Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:15 pm

uglydog, There is the rub: "...they won't LET you protect yourself..."

The politicians and lawmakers cannot 'legally' allow or disallow this right as the U.S. Constitution already provides for any good citizen to 'keep and bear arms'. It is an unalienable right endowed by our Creator' (not people).

In 18th century English, 'keep and bear' translates into 'possess and carry'.

Odd how Emanuel just 'deciced' to leave D.C. and be Mayor of Chicago... despite the fact no one would have ever voted for him. (??)
NRA Lifer
GOA member
Retired LEO
Μολὼν λαβέ
If gun laws worked; criminals would obey them.
Join the NRA here: http://home.nra.org/#/nraorg
GOANRA

Postby ulgydog56 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:21 pm

goanra you got it...hey how the hell you been.................
ulgydog56

Postby GOANRA » Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:00 am

Hey uglydog. I been ok except for workin' too hard & not gettin' paid what I'm worth.

This INFLATION is killin' me.
NRA Lifer
GOA member
Retired LEO
Μολὼν λαβέ
If gun laws worked; criminals would obey them.
Join the NRA here: http://home.nra.org/#/nraorg
GOANRA

Postby Glenmo » Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:43 pm

The Bad guys only need a few rounds of ammo in the gun .they dont go to the range & use hundreds of rounds.They only need a few to rob you & if you dont comply they shoot you,especially if your state or city has Draconian Gun laws & you the Law abiding citizen are not armed. In nearby Bridgeport CT a college kid working his way through school at a convenience stoor was shot dead by a female Gang Member.He was trying to get the register open for her bbut took "TOO LONG". this was the 3rd time in 5 years young store workers killed.
Glenmo

Previous

Return to Gun Chatter