>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Gun Chatter

What is the best all around handgun?

General discussion and chatter about firearms and weapons only.

Postby HenryLeverAction » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:01 am

older pistol =1911 ... newer pistol = XD, Glock, Beretta Px4.

just what I think.

thank you tig. that helps. the rambling wasn't to bad.
HenryLeverAction

Postby kcmitch » Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:46 pm

Actually, the best handgun in the entire world, is the one in your holster or pocket when you need it. Other than that, with all the choices out there this sounds like a trick question. I'm afraid I'll get it wrong. My personal weapon is a 9mmnotaglock. I might have chose a 1911, but when people look at me they tend to think that's the year I bought it.
kcmitch

Postby HenryLeverAction » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:13 pm

I disagree... that is a silly "sunday-school church" answer. A musketloader in your holster isn't going to be the best gun in the world when there is a driveby going on or you are getting cornered by three or more thugs now would it? How about a BB gun in the same situation??

sure that's an extreme but lets actually think about what you are saying.

there are good guns, bad guns, and excellent guns, and guns that are anywhere in between.

the point of this question isn't about "the gun in your holster" its about the reliability of each gun. not that you carry it. I sure as heck wouldn't want to carry a squirt gun and say its the best gun in the entire world...

who cares what the people think, the only thing they need to be caring about is that you have a loaded weapon.
HenryLeverAction

Postby tigwelder56 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:35 pm

With all due respect, I believe he meant any handgun with the balls to handle the situation. I've used that term before and I agree that the best gun is the one that you have with you. Providing of course than gun is powerful enough to handle the situation.
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby HenryLeverAction » Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:54 am

that is exactly what I meant.
HenryLeverAction

Postby kcmitch » Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:27 am

Yup. That's what I meant. Also that you know how to use what you brung, Remember, David had only three stones in his pocket!
kcmitch

Postby HenryLeverAction » Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:58 am

amen! just make sure your gun has the balls to to withstand what it needs to do and make sure its always at your side. That is the gun you need. Hey Tig, do you like the Kel Tec .32 ACP ? I think you said you carried that every day. How does it hold up? I need something small for a summer gun and that is super tiny you could carry it in a cargo shorts pocket completely concealed!

I was thinking "this gun is so small how in the world does it shoot!" ;)
HenryLeverAction

Postby tigwelder56 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:33 pm

I carry a Seecamp .32. It's a fantastic pocket gun and is probably the highest quality firearm I own. Each one is handmade and it shows. It's completely reliable and disappears in my pocket. I can't say enough good things about it.

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby HenryLeverAction » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:05 am

Are you saying that it is more reliable than say a Beretta, Glock, Springfield? I don't know what guns you have - but do you believe it is as reliable as the above?
HenryLeverAction

Postby tigwelder56 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:39 pm

It's totally reliable. A firearm is either reliable or it isn't. But to compare a Seecamp with those you listed wouldn't be an accurate comparison. The difference in caliber is significant. My Seecamp is a pocket pistol or backup gun and yours aren't.

tigwelder56

PreviousNext

Return to Gun Chatter