>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Gun Chatter

What is the best all around handgun?

General discussion and chatter about firearms and weapons only.

Postby jdeangelis99 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:47 pm

yeah Ill think twice before buying a taurus and If i do buy one I will prob pay for the part and do it myself like I been doing
jdeangelis99

Postby epwrangler » Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:24 pm

Boy do I feel for you on the repair wait time. I guess Taurus will not get my business until the customer service improves.
epwrangler

Postby tigwelder56 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:53 pm

My story is a mild one. There is another Taurus owner that waited 8 months for his pistol and got it back unrepaired! He chose to have his gunsmith fix it and then sold it. I'm still shocked at all the similar responses I got from people. Another similar complaint was not being able to reach a customer service rep by phone. I even attempted to talk to someone in their offices in Brazil but couldn't find a way to get through to them either. They have some nice firearms and there are some very happy owners but they'll need to pray to the Firearm God if they have problems with it! I was lucky that I had other pistols to use. Someone that owns a single Taurus pistol and has to send it back will be without their pistol for a very long time. Hopefully a need for it won't arise during that long waiting period. I keep hoping that someone will get that customer service department squared away before even one more gunowner is put through this unneccessary experience.

Tig
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby epwrangler » Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:26 pm

By the way I was on the Beretta USA site and they say they will not work on a gun not made in the USA. So if you have a foreign made Beretta good luck getting it fixed too. I wonder if Taurus has that problem too?
epwrangler

Postby tigwelder56 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:32 pm

Good Luck finding someone to get an answer from!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby jdeangelis99 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:27 pm

where is the head quarters of taurus? I am crazy enough to go there and start screaming...after a few months i would panic i would never see my gun again!!
jdeangelis99

Postby tigwelder56 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:03 pm

The USA offices are located in Miami, FL and Hialeah, FL. All basically in the same location but spread out. Large enough to say the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing!

Tig

tigwelder56

Postby keyman » Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:40 pm

I agree with the guy that said that the best all around handgun is the one that fits your hand and you feel the most comfortable with.

All of my guns feel good in my hand and I would trust either one of them in a stress situation. If I didn't, I would get rid of it and find one that did. And I've done that a few times ! ! Most people prefer a 40cal or stronger for a carry gun, but if you aim for "center mass" most any gun will kill or make the perp wish that he was dead. My current preference is the EAA 40 cal. It will do all that I need it to do.

Try it . . . you'll like it !
keyman

Postby DOCB » Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:54 am

glock 17. you can carry 18 rnds in it, ammo is very cheap, and with the right ammo it would be suitable for self defense. and even though it is a full size weapon, it is still possible to carry concealed.

my second choice would be any other glock
DOCB

Postby texn695 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:58 am

I would have to say my best guns are My Springfield 1911's, XD 5" 45 and my Beretta 92F. They always fire when I pull the triger and never fail.

I feel Springfield has the best customer service of anyone.

So shoot straight and stock up on ammo.

Curtis
texn695

PreviousNext

Return to Gun Chatter