>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Gun Chatter

What is the best all around handgun?

General discussion and chatter about firearms and weapons only.

Postby snke_doctr » Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:37 pm

In this day of semi-auto prefrence (i.e. LEO's, military), what's a GOOD wheel gun for carry, personal/home defense, etc. Any opinions?
snke_doctr

Postby GOANRA » Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:09 pm

My favorite wheel gun for carry is my Charter Arms 'On Duty' snubbie with shrouded hammer, 5 shot, fixed sights, +P, rubber grips and only weighs 13 0z.

It is very similar to the Charter Arms .357 mag 'Pug' I carried as an off-duty piece... but lighter.
NRA Lifer
GOA member
Retired LEO
Μολὼν λαβέ
If gun laws worked; criminals would obey them.
Join the NRA here: http://home.nra.org/#/nraorg
GOANRA

Postby epwrangler » Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:09 pm

Some times I carry a Ruger LCR 357. It has a great trigger and a good size for my pocket if that is where I need to carry it. I got this really nice 5 Star to carry a reload.
epwrangler

Postby robalan » Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:28 pm

You can get by with one gun. But they are specialized for different tasks under different conditions for a variety of individuals.
robalan

Postby epwrangler » Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:34 pm

I often carry two or more depending on where I am going.
epwrangler

Postby tigwelder56 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:34 am

My current choices right now are a .32acp Seecamp in a front pocket holster and a Bersa Thunder UC 9 in a IWB at 4 O'Clock.
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby Gloc9mm » Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:05 am

TIG, That Seecamp .32, I like the size of it, but going by the pic it looks like it's made exactly like a Raven .25 I bought decades ago?? Even down to the Mag release, everything looks the same. I bought a Ruger LCR for smaller carry, but to be honest it's not very much smaller overall than my Glock, so I never carry it. It's only smaller in legnth but it's wider which didn't really do what I had wanted. I like the size of the Seecamp but don't want to spend $500 if it's really a Raven?? If it is, I'd rather spend $125 and just get the .25.

Please Advise

Thank's Bob
Gloc9mm

Postby tigwelder56 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:37 am

The Seecamp definitely isn't a Raven! Far, far from it. It's one of the finest pocket pistols on the market. Very often the waiting list for one of them can exceed a year! They're still made by hand and don't leave the bench until they're perfect! They're making a 380 now and it's hard to get your hands on one right now. The quality of this pistol far exceeds the Raven and other pistols like it. I wouldn't waste my money on a .25. They are a gutless round that has the poorest performance of anything on the market IMO.
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby Gloc9mm » Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:33 am

Thank's Tig. Personally I have never seen one up close, but I have read a couple of your past posts where you have mentioned it. When I saw the pic here it just looked exactly like a Raven .25 I once had purchased many yrs ago. (And quickly trashed!)

I will have to find a place or person that has one to look closer.

Thank's,

Bob
Gloc9mm

Postby ulgydog56 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:04 pm

as for a ccw wheel gun you can,t beat the snubbie in .38+p, small and compact easy to use and handle, and enuff poop to get the job done.....and most like the s&w,taurus,charter arms & colt if you can find one shoot tight groups at p/d distances. i own a couple,my taurus 85 does all the above and it always goes bang,bang,bang...with no crazy recoil.perfect.....
ulgydog56

PreviousNext

Return to Gun Chatter