>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Gun Chatter

Best caliber for home defense

General discussion and chatter about firearms and weapons only.

Postby dirk911 » Tue May 15, 2007 1:49 am

The Taurus .410 revolver would be pretty kick ass with a few heavy loads and a slug just in case. They start around $400-$500 so the price isnt to bad either.
dirk911

Postby DaLonelyRanger » Tue May 15, 2007 2:01 am

What you need to do is buy any .45 acp and use magsafe bullets. That way you'll have stopping power, and no worries of bullets going through walls. Do your research/
DaLonelyRanger

Postby weekendfunandgun » Tue May 15, 2007 11:19 am

Yeah, I actually have that Taurus .410 revolver, and it stays loaded by the bed. I have a 12 gauge, a .45, and other pistol/revolver calibers, but when it comes down to it . . . I always choose that .410 revolver. Here's why-

1. Knock down power you get from multiple projectiles traveling at very high velocity impacting the face and torso simultaneously.

2. Reliability - revolvers don't have FTF/FTE issues. And, you can leave them loaded 24/7/365 with no wear to the magazine "springs" found in semi-auto's or pump shotguns.

3. Size - it's smaller and easier to handle than a shotgun. some people might think this shouldn't matter, but I figure if I am startled awake in the middle of the night I will be less mentally sharp than I am at the range.

4. It can be operated with one hand, leaving the other hand free to hold my flashlight. I like this better than having a light or laser on the gun because this allows me to point the flashlight at something without pointing the loaded gun in that direction. I may not want to shoot what I see in the beam of the flashlight (family member, dog, etc.)

I keep mine loaded with 3 rounds of #4 shot, 1 round of 00 Buck (3 pellets roughly the size of a 9mm projectile), and the final round is the 45 Colt.
weekendfunandgun

Postby texn695 » Tue May 15, 2007 9:34 pm

A machine gun would work along with my 45, 12 gauge, AR-15 and more.

Take no mercy on the bad guys or Terrorists.
texn695

Previous

Return to Gun Chatter