>
Board Index Getting Started Buying/Selling

Looking for a good deal

Discuss buyers or sellers from the classifieds section, post gun-related ads, or any other commercial firearm discussions.

Looking for a good deal

Postby roach112683 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:06 pm

I am looking to acquire a retired Delaware State Police Sig P229. If anyone out there knows where I can acquire one for a good price please let me know. I am weighing my options and seeing what I can afford at the moment.
roach112683

Postby tigwelder56 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:00 pm

Hi Roach and welcome to the forum! Can I ask why it has to be a Delaware model? If a used model at a fair price is your objective, there are more options available that will probably put a pistol in your hand faster. Unless of course you simply get lucky and someone comes across your request. If you're interested in something else, can I ask what you're price limit might be?
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby roach112683 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:57 am

Yeah i thought about that it doesn't have to be. I just think it would be good to have it both as a collector's piece but also one for me to use. But it does not have to be one. My instructor had one and he said he got it for about $430 I think but I'm not sure if that is even possible for a sig since they are hugely expensive.
roach112683

Postby tigwelder56 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:03 pm

I've been looking for one of the recently imported German trade ins of the Sig P225/P6 9mm. There have been alot of them available and I think they're getting snapped up pretty quickly for a general asking price of $250.00. It appears that they're in excellent working condition and have a fair amount of holster wear on the slides. Here's one of the websites/dealers that has been selling them. They've got some photo's of them and some of one guy's rebuild. Nice looking too. This same dealer sells alot of nice inexpensive new and used firearms, it's worth a look.

http://www.centerfiresystems.com/allguns.aspx

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby keyman » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:46 pm

Hi, Tig . . . I must say that I have never seen anyone that is more knowledgeable on any one subject than you are with guns and gun accessories. Is there a Phd for the subject of your expertise ? ? If there is ever one available, I highly recommend you for it. Keep up the good work. I admire the way you handle the many inquiries. You have handled all of mine in an expert and timely fashion. Thank you.
keyman

Postby tigwelder56 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:19 pm

Thank you for your kind comments Keyman! I enjoy helping everyone and in turn through my research I gain more and more knowledge. It proves to be an excellent method of sharing information. Of course it hopefully provides answers to our members and friends here on the forum! I enjoy being able to help people solve problems and find answers to questions at all levels of complexity, if I can. There have been a number of times when I've had to refer people to others. Answering the question is after all the objective!

I just finished doing some research into one of our members Marlin Model 39. I really enjoyed helping him discover the value and history of his rifle. I was quite pleased to inform him that it is an extremely old and valuable piece of American history! Those are the things that are most gratifying. Thanks again Keyman, I appreciate it.

Tig

tigwelder56

Return to Buying/Selling