>
Board Index Getting Started Buying/Selling

OBTAINING FFL

Discuss buyers or sellers from the classifieds section, post gun-related ads, or any other commercial firearm discussions.

OBTAINING FFL

Postby GRANPA » Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:02 pm

WHICH IS THE BEST WAY TO GO IN OBTAINING AN FFL?
GRANPA

Postby drfirearms » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:44 am

My partner and I are a new dealer and we bought the course offered by ffl123.com. Reasonably priced and prompt e-mail responses to any questions. Hope this helps.

Best Regards
drfirearms

Postby GRANPA » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:33 pm

THANKS FOR YOUR RESPONSE. ALL I NEEDED WAS AT LEAST ONE PERSON THAT HAD SOME TYPE OF POSITIVE RESPONSE. AS I SAID I SIMPLY WANT THE FFL FOR MY OWN PURCHSES AND PERSONAL FRIEND'S PURCHASES. I'LL FOLLOW YOUR ADVICE AND LET YOU KNOW THE RESULTS LATER.

ONE MORE QUESTION...A LOT OF FEEDBACK INDICATES CONSTANT FROM THE ATF..I LIVE PRETTY FAR OUT IN THE COUNTRY...IS THIS REALLY A PROBLEM?
GRANPA

Postby drfirearms » Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:20 pm

Granpa, if you wany an FFL just for your own and/or family & friends purchases you'll probably have an issue with BATFE. They expect you to be in business and will want to know about articles of incorporation and application for local resellers license. Best of luck.
drfirearms

Postby Gloc9mm » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:03 pm

GRANDPA,

May I ask why you are trying to obtain an FFl License if just for basic Protection? Why not just a simple CCW, if you even need one in your State?

Just curious.

Bob
Gloc9mm

Return to Buying/Selling