>
Board Index Getting Started New Gun Owners

NcStar Green Laser for Glock 23 Gen 4

A place for people new to the firearm community to ask questions.

NcStar Green Laser for Glock 23 Gen 4

Postby corvette95 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:43 pm

Looking for a inexpensive green laser for my Glock at $50.00. NcStar has a compact pistol and rifle green laser with quick release weaver mount. Will this laser work on my 23 Gen 4?
corvette95

Postby tigwelder56 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:23 pm

It's going to fit alot of compact guns but I've seen remarks from a Glock 19 owner that claimed it was a tight fit and extended beyond the barrel. I'd save my money and look at one of the red Lasermax sights around $100. You'll be far more happy with it and it will last years longer. However it does appear to fit the Glock Compacts, however tight and longer than the gun. Problem with that is the laser lens will be subjected to the blast zone each time you fire the pistol, which will foul the lens requiring frequent cleaning.
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby corvette95 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:45 am

Thank you for the reply. The more I read about the limits of lasers the less interested I have become. For the amount that I would use a laser, I cannot justify a good one. I bought a Ruger 10/22 with a red laser stock and have not used it. It isn't useful in daylight.
corvette95

Postby Will_Carry » Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:42 pm

I have a Crimson Trace laserguard on my Glock 19. I use it as a bedside firearm. It works great.
Will_Carry

Postby tigwelder56 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:52 pm

I have a Lasermax mini on my Bersa Thunder 9mm and have it close by at night too. It is very useful for that purpose and could serve as a deterrent. For how long I really don't know! That's going to be up to the target...
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Re: NcStar Green Laser for Glock 23 Gen 4

Postby GOANRA » Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:53 pm

I have a 200 lumen flashlight for my after dark .45acp with a red laser incorporated.
It is by me in the living room in case of a home invasion, etc., then it goes to bed with me at night.
If someone wakes me up in my sleep, I need "Positive ID" before I will smoke anyone, the laser is a secondary advantage at that range. The light/laser has a BIG switch for instant light/laser...push the switch twice for blinding strobe.

The laser is 100% visible with target lit up. $49. @ Amazon.com about a year ago and still working 100%. It is also still using the 3 original 3v camera batteries (12 for $5.).
NRA Lifer
GOA member
Retired LEO
Μολὼν λαβέ
If gun laws worked; criminals would obey them.
Join the NRA here: http://home.nra.org/#/nraorg
GOANRA

Re: NcStar Green Laser for Glock 23 Gen 4

Postby abaddon1234 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:46 am

That's going to be up to the target...
คาสิโนไทย
abaddon1234

Return to New Gun Owners