>
Board Index Getting Started New Gun Owners

First Time Owner

A place for people new to the firearm community to ask questions.

First Time Owner

Postby pidevildog07 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:22 am

I will be separating from the military soon and am trying to immediately purchase a firearm. Preferably one of the Ar-15 family since that is what im familiar with. Any suggested sites I could visit for reviews and/or reccomendations on what brands to look at first?
pidevildog07

Postby Will_Carry » Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:58 pm

There are many manufacturers of AR-15 now days. Bushmaster makes a fine rifle and so does Colt. I would stick with the major brands but you prbably know more about this rifle than I do.

Thanks for your sevice to our country! Welcome home bro.
Will_Carry

Postby pidevildog07 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:30 am

Thats what im saying dont lnow what to go with. the only makers of the ar15 ive ever had experience with was colt and dpms.
pidevildog07

Postby Gloc9mm » Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:12 am

If looking for a quality AR, try Red Jacket Firearms, (Yea, the TV show!) You will wait 6 mos. to get it, but it will be a perfect Weapon! I bought 1 from them myself (Before they were on TV) because I can't trust the guys at the Range I use. Their Prices are/were in line with just about anyone, only the wait time is increased. I do like the fact that they strip/modify and rebuild each Weapon before shipping. They have a huge Reputation to protect, so they never ship out of the box. You can also get it F/A and suppressed if wanted. (And avail, See your State Regs.)
Gloc9mm

Return to New Gun Owners