>
Board Index Getting Started New Gun Owners

Accessibilty to your Home Protection Shotgun

A place for people new to the firearm community to ask questions.

Accessibilty to your Home Protection Shotgun

Postby karlagreen123@gmail.com » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:46 pm

Our Product offers immediate access to your Home Protection Shotgun. With this product you will never have the need to turn your back on a perpetrator. www.the-backup.com
karlagreen123@gmail.com

Postby razr » Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:00 pm

Thx for posting, good to know.
razr

Postby Rocket11213 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:38 am

What are laws when comes to ur home protections and laws vs constitutional rights? On right to protect ones self and if need be to use deadly force with firearm in state of NJ?

Also anyone have the 411 in fo on any change with right to carry in NJ be conceal or open, I doubt open carry ever get passed anyway. Beside I would prefer concealed anyhow, I mention this carry a handgun on person for NJ residents cause. saw tv report on people carry open on person no need lic ccw etc just need be a resident, and the news was doing report. Police seemed up set and were stopping persons carry open to make sure gun empty. can carry ammo But gun must not be loaded . Was on some state down south. I think Police were going to far. Residents were not alarmed. video surveillance in fast food show open carry person and residents did not even give a second look, yet police would stop person walking say we got a call people scared seeing automatic/gun out in open. So step over here put your hands up and against the wall and walk feet back to steps. Mean time 3 other cop cars pulled up . while this office remove auto from guys holster and opened chamber. Mean time the Police having him go up against the wall Like he was a suspect in a crime drew the hole area peoples attention . the office check the guns serial # which News rept said was violation by him. and asking his name etc. For he did noting wrong. The state passed the law open carry residents open firearms. I mean if they don't know the laws. that' is harassment. They just as well stop every person seen with open firearm to see if loaded. as far as they got a call. who knows cop could just say that, and if true tell the person calling , its the law legal right get use to it. As for the police officer who did the stop he went over board. several other residents interview said they mite been stopped once twice , but officer just came up hi how u doing can I check ur gun its empty which the guy allowed it even though he said he had right to say no. News report and few carriers said the Police just don't like it that residents (The People) are now also carrying guns , and not just criminals and the Police any longer. So saw Google ccw show states, Allow residents to carry open or ccw, and USA look like 85 % or even more states allowed it except restrictions on of course my state NJ. does not allow residents to carry firearms , barley let us carry pepper spray and nothing else, an NJ has very very high crime rat and guns involved shooting etc. residents like lambs,sheep, have death penalty 35 yrs and NJ never ever used it. NY state same thing . Un real when will are right s been respected and law passed so we can protect are selfs when we leave the safety of are home? And the police even small tiny towns office loaded like a SWAT office carrying 3 clips pepper spray. baton,cuff,radio, extended baton and tiny little towns. Sorry for long post.So anyone have the latest info about does it look like NJ resident may mite carry hand guns on person any time in future?? And what is laws about fire arms in home live alone. I ask cause read where C.T. resident shot burglar in home who came after home owner with screw driver an or a knife , So hm owner shot the guy with Hollow points purchased in gun store. Hm owner was arrested for unlawful use of hollow point bullets, Was freed like hrs later but that is messed up!. H.p bullets more effective to do job and will not be going Thur walls or neighbors house. that's what is good with shotgun buck shot load no worry's of going thur walls or another house, like solid nose bullets will. done./
Rocket11213

Postby GOANRA » Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:59 am

If LEO requests to inspect your sidearm (or anything else without probable cause) just say, "No".

"Probale Cause" is the ability to logically articulate the legal reasoning you are an immediate threat to anyone.

Without probable cause the LEO is breaking the law if demanding to inspect your sidearm, shoes, watch, etc.
NRA Lifer
GOA member
Retired LEO
Μολὼν λαβέ
If gun laws worked; criminals would obey them.
Join the NRA here: http://home.nra.org/#/nraorg
GOANRA

Postby Gloc9mm » Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:17 am

Carrying an open, or any unloaded weapon is not the smartest thing to do in my opinion! Bad guys never do, so you can end up dead real quick!!

I would assume "probable cause" would be to be carrying any weapon in plain sight?? The Cop has no idea if you are a Felon or not. Personally I applaude them for checking, there are just too many people carrying that shouldn't be, many w/o any record as well!
Gloc9mm

Postby Rocket11213 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:27 pm

Gloc9mm I can see were ur coming from carrying open unload or not in public. But the news story was covery a state were was residents trying hard to get some form open selfdefence and carrying open is a start. and o only takes second to slap in the loaded clip on also carryed, I am not saying is most effective, But I understnd there right to feel some what protected, a visabled weapon has a inpact . I personally feel ccw is best . but in there county and or state takes small steps. . Look it NY an NJ they got no cary period. where is there self protection? you know what I meazn. .
Rocket11213

Postby Gloc9mm » Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:51 am

I owned a Store in NY for many Yrs, and had a CCW there as well as the other 2 states I have lived in. (Fl, Miss.) You are permitted to get one just about anywhere if you have a good enough reason to, and a clean record.

Personally I feel the 2nd Ammendment is a good thing for most of the people, but not everyone.
Gloc9mm

Postby Gloc9mm » Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:15 am

Rocket, The main problem I can personally see with what you are talking about, is it gives just another excuse to pro-gun control fanatics to twist your story into some strange anti-gun type of tale.

I just can't see people openly carrying helping your cause,

I am sure it scares some innocent people with families that don't know you. They also may feel the same way as you do about CCW's, but seeing that might just change their minds??

Plus it's very dangerous to those who do carry like that. Anyone with a concealed weapon can easilly empty a Mag quicker than you can speed load and shoot. You may only get a split second to react if needed.

Think about it.

Bob
Gloc9mm

Postby JustBen » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:41 pm

We have open carry in Ohio and it is great to have for several reasons; 1) it helps maintain our 2A rights, 2) If you have a wardrobe malfunction and someone calls it in, you are still legal.

Open carrying is a significant tactical dissadvantage though. Your gun is easier to take, and you are providing all kinds of information for a criminal to plan an attack on you. Dont advertise.

The other conversation topic here was carry preference in terms of unloaded or loaded. My personal opinion is that if you cannot deploy your gun in less than 2 seconds, you will most likely never be able to use it to defend yourself. If you are not carrying with one in the pipe ready to go, then you are just carrying a gun and not prepared to fight with one. In that case you are better off leaving it at home.
JustBen

Return to New Gun Owners