training classes in Arizona

Discussion in 'Training' started by junegun, Nov 14, 2007.

1. junegun

junegun Member

Hey Everybody,

I live in Tucson and want to find a class that goes beyond CCW training. I intend to apply for a position with the U.S. Border Patrol and would like to be able to keep pace with the probable police officers and military men who also will be applying. Any suggestions and does any have info on intermediate/advanced classes. Thanks for your help.

2. gunmonkey1

gunmonkey1 Well-Known Member

hey i am a military weapons instructor and i can tell you that if you go to the range twice a year you get alot more trigger time then most of the military personnel. range time is at a premimum and you have to share with all the ships in the area pluss the DOD cops and security. i get to have my guys shoot once a year. and i mean that is 48 rounds for the qual course 18 for the PWC and 18 for low light . that is it unless they fail to qual first time up then they get to remediate. now with that being said here is how we keep our edge.... we dryfire all the time. marksmenship and accuracy is all in the things that happen before the round goes off. i am talking about your: sight alignment, sight picture, trigger pull, stance , breathing and comming out of the holster properly none of these require a single round ... practice the basics with snapcaps... then find out what course of fire the border patrol uses and run it till you can do it from memory ... then do it at the range... i dryfire my home defense gun about 2 hours a day jus to make sure i am doing some practice