shipping shotgun to USA????

Discussion in 'Buying/Selling' started by GRAEME, Feb 20, 2007.


    GRAEME Active Member

    I am from England and moved to the U.S about three years ago. I used to shoot competition trap in England, and would like to ship my dads old gun over to the U.S. Any ideas on how to do this??? I am sure custums are involved in this process, and i even thaught of shipping it over in peices via sea. I just want to do it the correct way and dont want to put my residency in jepordy.

  2. XXOXX

    XXOXX Well-Known Member

    These are the sorts of things your local FFL manages every day. Thats why theyre licensed -- to transfer firearms legally. Their advice is free. They may offer to manage the shipping for you. That is a service youll pay for. But it will be done legally, and youll have your shotgun -- and residency status preserved.