self defense.

Discussion in 'Gun Chatter' started by chevy98z71, Nov 12, 2010.

1. chevy98z71

chevy98z71 New Member

i bought a colt gold cup trophy mk 1V / series 80 last month in question is this gun good for self defense?mainly for protecting my home and family.
  2. Will_Carry

Will_Carry Well-Known Member

The Colt 1911 has been protecting Americans for 100 years.

Get some good self defense ammo and you have a great home defense gun. I have a Colt series 80 with Crimson Trace laser grips. Great weapon. Any pistol with a Horsey on the slide is good to go. It will retain it's value over time too.

3. robalan

robalan Well-Known Member

If you practice your home is safe. That is a great looking gun too.
  4. tigwelder56

tigwelder56 Well-Known Member

The Gold Cup is an excellent sidearm. It was one of the first custom 1911's available. I think it was responsible for starting the craze of custom 1911 jobs. I could be wrong but it's the first high end .45's I remember. It's a sweet pistol that should last you a lifetime and protect you and your family with ease! Just do as mentioned, get some training and practice until it becomes second nature. Enjoy that beautiful pistol and good luck!!
  5. razr

razr Well-Known Member

Make sure you practice with it. Getting up at at 2 AM because you heard a noise is one thing, protecting your family is a whole different ball of wax when your heart is pumping at 300 beats a second. Consider a 12 ga pump.