Perfect Gun Laws

Discussion in 'Legal & Political' started by kyle44mag, Nov 26, 2007.

1. DOCB

DOCB Well-Known Member

you are right kyle there is no cc in IL. IL and WI are the only 2 states that totally outlaw it. i think 21 is a good min. age for cc.

2. kyle44mag

kyle44mag Well-Known Member

I don't think it should be that high, I know if they did allow themm in illinois I would want one. Its only 2 now I thought it was 7.

Thank you,

Kyle

3. DOCB

DOCB Well-Known Member

i think 21 is a reasonable age. i realize you are leagaly an adult at 18 but do you really think an 18yr old is mature enough to have the responsibility of carrying a weapon? not saying that all 18yr olds arent responsible, and im not even saying all people over the age of 21 are responsible, but there is a good chance that most people by that age, mature enough to be responsible enough to carry and possibly use a concealed weapon

4. jdeangelis99

jdeangelis99 Well-Known Member

So what your saying is that 18 is a reasonable age to make the choice to join the military and die for their country but can't buy a gun? I think the age should be 18. or if they really want it 21. If you join the Military you can carry a gun at 18. its the same thing with smoking and drinking. In the great state of Nj the smoking age is 19 and drinking age is 21. old enough to fight and die in a war but can't smoke a cigirate

5. jdeangelis99

jdeangelis99 Well-Known Member

I am not going to get into an Age Debate here, as I don't think a 21 Yr. Old is all that much more Mature than an 18 Yr. Old!

That will vary with each individule person. Some never Grow Up! I know a few at 50 that should never have a Gun!

But Kyle, There has to be a Min. Age to buy and/or carry a Gun. We can't have kids buying them.

I also think there should be a Ban on all types of Assault Weapons! There are no practical uses for them, only to kill people. So I see no reason why they should be allowed to be sold. They don't sell Hand Grenades, why Assault Weapons?

Maybe if that kid that killed 8 Last Week and wounded more, would have hurt a lot less if he didn't have an AK!

I do not feel restricting any Weapon like Mac 10's, M-16's etc is violating any 2A Rights, there has to be a line drawn somewhere, just like with the age rule! The Constitution never stated any age, but we came up with what we thought was old enough. But what I would call a "Weapon of Mass Destruction" in the Self Defense Arena, has no place being Sold in Stores to Citizens. I feel the same about Full Auto or Silencers on any Gun as well.

People normally don't Hunt or have any other use but killing people with all of them, and they should be Banned!

There is a big difference between Self Defense and Way Overdoing things! Why not get an RPG? Or a Tank!

I was taken back when I saw that 50 Cal. Set up and for Sale at the Range @ $10 Thousand Dollars a Pop, and they cannot keep them in Stock! It takes almost 2 people to carry it! Please let me ask, What are people using them for? I can think of no reason to own one, unless you are a Collector that has unlimited Funding! Or, you need something to place on a Wall!

But for Self Defense, I'll just stick to my Pistol!

I know the comments will begin, But that is how I feel, and I am not going to change my Mind. People want these items to either Kill, or because they are "Cool", as stated by one person here the last time we "Discussed" F/A and Silencers! I feel a Mature Trade Off for being "Cool", is Banning them to save a few lives!

But again, this does not infringe on our Rights. There just has to be a limit, as with most things in Life. If I needed an AK47 for Self Defense, I would strongly consider Moving!

We are not living in Iraq! When they are comming down my Street, then I will shell out the $10G's for the 50 Cal!! LOL

6. DOCB

DOCB Well-Known Member

whoa there buddy. if you want to talk about banning weapons, you might need to find another website to spend your time on. law abbiding citizens have very right to own "assault" weapons. i myself own several, and have never felt innclined to, to go on a shooting spree. mabey you dont recall a little incident in blacksburg va. at a college? VA TECH!?!?!?!? ringing any bells yet!?!?!?!?! well let me break it down for ya, a student decided to go on a shooting spree, with , ready for this??? not an AK, AR-15, or MAC 10, but a glock 19 and a walther p-22, in case you arent familiar with those weapons, those are PISTOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! not "assault" weapons. mabey you should do alittle research on this, you will find that his body count was ALOT higher than the mall incident in wich you refer to. and heres another theory for you olohoot, mabey if there were a few more legally armed citizens in that mall the outcome might have been alittle diferent. banning "assaault" weapons is not the answer. if these weapons are banned, then then what will be next???? pistols? shotguns? knives? scissors??? where will it end??? guns do not commit crimes, people do, period!!!! end of story!!! and why should citizens need reasons to own these "assault" weapons?????????????????????? so damn what if i want one just for the hell of it!!!!!! have you ever fired one of these weapons??? its a hell of a good time. and you are damn strait that would be infringing on our 2nd ammendment rights!!! i strongly suggest you take your anti-gun BS somewhere else.

7. DOCB

DOCB Well-Known Member

Well Doc, (Who the Hell is this out of nowhere?)

I think if you did your Homework first, you would have found that most mass shootings are done with Assault type Weapons, not Daddy's Pistols, just like last Week!! You just conveniently picked an incident where Pistols were used to try and make a useless point here! Maybe more would have been killed/hurt if he had an AK?? Think it's a possibility "Buddy"?? I can name many others where Assault Weapons were used! And yes, maybe if there were more Legally Armed Citizens in that Mall things would have been different. But how do you know there were not? There may have been Police there, not willing to pull a Pistol against an AK!

Secondly, Never tell anyone to go elsewhere! Everyone has just as much Right as you to be here! My 1st Amendment Rights give me the Right to feel and say how I feel about any particular subject. So don't tell me to go elsewhere. I have been around here a Hell of a lot longer than you!! (Your Max. 11 Days!)*Don't go by the Date Posted on my I/D!! It was changed.

But while we are on the subject, Please let me ask, what purposes can Assault Weapons possibly have in this World, other than for killing people??

And for what purpose do you need "Several"? Sounds a bit odd!

Is it to feel "Cool" like that other guy?? I think you are just another Rambo Gun Nut, the reason I am embarrassed to even Carry a Weapon after doing so for almost 30 Years!!

Don't even bother replying. I am not getting into a War with you here, not over this crazy Topic! Besides, nothing you can say will change the way I feel, or the way it really is out there!

**THEY HAVE NO PURPOSE BUT KILLING OTHERS, AND SHOULD HAVE BEEN BANNED BEFORE THEY WERE EVER SOLD!!

Using your Logic, I think I will look into purchasing an F-18!

8. exhaust

exhaust Well-Known Member

They are a blast to shoot! Unfortunately I don't have one to call My own yet but definitely will in the future. Olhoot I really don't see why the good guys shouldn't own these, even when banned a few years back, bad guys could always get what they want, as always. Good citizens should not be punished for what a few idiots do.

Look at Hurricane Katrina, shit happens in one why or another, and could happen anywhere, some good Person may need a high power rifle to defend Family and property, its not a crazy thought, this does happen! With the chaos came the monsters, instead of helping each other they killed, robbed, raped! The stories are horrific, its like a zombie movie only the zombies are criminals and gangs! They live around all of us Bill, a natural disaster could bring them out in hoards!

9. DOCB

DOCB Well-Known Member

well olehoot, it is very obvious that YOU haven't done your homework, becauase NO, most mass shootings have not been done by assault weapons. that is a very ignorant thing to say, and i am appalled by your stupidity! as far as my owning several "assault" weapons, how does that make me a "rambo gun nut"????!!!??? its not like i lay on a pile of linked ammo and jerk off with CLP. i enjoy my RIGHT to own "assault" weapons. and that is my damn right, despite what ignorant, hippies such as yourself say. if you have a problem with these weapons, well fine, thats your own damn problem, but dont come post your pathetic BS comments where people obviously like guns and want to read about them, and not have to read comments from dumb asses like you!! and again, i ask you why should people need a reason to own an "assault" weapon other than the fact that they enjoy shooting them???? s why dont you save your garbage, and go post it on an anti-gun website, because you BS is falling on deff ears here. and what difference does it make how old i am????? i'm sure that i am alot younger than, judging from your member name. and i totally agree with you on one thing, i am not your damn buddy!

10. DOCB

DOCB Well-Known Member

You certainly do have a big pair after being a Member here for only 11 Days Tops!! Besides your Foul Mouth, It is obvious that you are just a very young "Rambo Wanna Be", that has a few extra Bucks and can't find any productive things to do with it! You sound like you are having an orgasm just talking about it!

Stupidly you feel I want to Ban all Weapons. I am talking about placing a Line at some point, not Banning Guns!!

This is why I am embarrassed to Carry after doing so for 30 Years. People look at me and feel that I Think the same way as you! That will Never happen!! People like you is why the Majority in this Country do not own, nor want to even be near Guns, and why they continue to Vote against the 2A!

If you want a high power Rifle, there are plenty of them out there that are not Auto Assault Weapons! A simple Shotgun will make people think twice if you really want High Power protection.

**I AM NOW FINISHED WITH THIS TOPIC! I HAVE STATED HOW I FEEL, AND AM NOT GOING TO WAIVER.

*PLEASE RESPECT MY WISHES!

11. beltbuckle

beltbuckle Well-Known Member

I like those so called "assault" rifle's, does that make me a Rambo want to be? I even have more than one! Oh and I think it'd be awesome to have the gun of Rambo, mm hm .50 cal sounds like a good time.

Secondly get your facts straight,

"People like you is why the Majority in this Country do not own, nor want to even be near Guns, and why they continue to Vote against the 2A!"

America has the highest ratio of firearms per person of any other country that allows private ownership. If we were all so against them, we wouldn't have them.

You, like many other people need to expand your horizons. Just because you personally do not prefer "assault rifles" does not mean they should be banned. There are plenty of practical purposes for them, whether it be competition shooting, law enforcement, varmint hunting, even personal defense, etc...

You are the one being narrow minded here... DOCB although not incredibly polite about expressing his opinion didn't do anything but express his thoughts on an obvious ignorant post of yours.

12. DOCB

DOCB Well-Known Member

a very young rambo wanna be?? and why pray tell is that?? becasue everybody who owns "assault" weapons is trying to be rambo, or planning a massacre??? i do not own these weapons for self defense, yes they could serve that purpose, should the need arise, i own them becasue i want to and i enjoy them. and what in the holly hell does my being a member for "only 11 days topps!!" have anything to do with.....well, anything. that doesnt mean that i picked up my first weapon 11 days ago. you again continue to amaze me with your total ignorance. the majority in the U.S. do own weapons, why dont you do alittle research in the future before you start making rediculous claims. and you still dont get the point do you? i dont give a damn about how you feel, that is your right, and i have no prob. whatsoever with that. what i do have a prob. with is why in the hell you are gonna post totally inacurate facts, bashing on guns. you stand alone there, no one wants to read that garbage. what did you expect?? when you are on a pro-gun site and you post something as stupid as that, you are gonna take some heat over it, so you need stop crying about it. and heres allittle advise. the next time you wanna post crap like that, you need to be ready to defend your oppinions, with valid points, instead of making comments about my age and being a "gun nut" not just facts that you pull outa your ass becasue you cant think of anything better to say.

*AND PLEASE RESPECT MY WISHES, POST YOUR ANTI-GUN GARBAGE ELSWHERE*

AND THANKS FOR THE COMPLIMENT ON MY FOUL MOUTH

13. DOCB

DOCB Well-Known Member

Instead of Dazzling people with Brilliance, all you are doing is trying to Baffle them with Bullshit! Just your statement regarding more Americans owning Guns than not proves that!

But Once Again as stated, I have said how I feel and am done with this Post. When I say how I feel regarding a Topic, that does not mean people have the right to attack me personally.

You have the Right to your own opinions regarding the Subject, but Please respect my Rights, and STFU if you are including me in your statements!!

14. exhaust

Lets just keep a MILD tone here everybody, its very understandable We will have strong opinions on this and similar subjects. It doesn't have to be church talk but don't let things get out of control, remember many others will read this.

15. exhaust

I couldn't agree more!

We all have the Right to our own feelings, and should be allowed to air them. But that does not mean anyone has the right to attack someone just because their Views may be different.

They also have a Right to Air their opposite opinions, but should never make it a Personal type of attack on the other person who simply stated their feelings.

As my Tag Line Quotes, There are at least 2 Sides to everything in this World!

16. DOCB

DOCB Well-Known Member

thanks belt buckle, i appreciate the support, hopefully we dont have to hear any more of olehoots garbage.

17. Blackrifle

Blackrifle Well-Known Member

People need to quit calling these firearms Assault Weapons! That's bullshit. The only reason they are called assault weapons is because people with a stupid view of a perfectly legal firearm wants to do their best to trash them, make them sound evil. That's the only way these anti gun pukes can get people to listen and that is to hype up their rhetoric using frightening words. They aren't sold as Assault Weapons! They're sold as AR 15's or AK 47's, semi automatic rifles, etc. The only time they are called Assault Weapons or Rifles is when knee jerk anti gun promoters like the Olehoot step up on their soap box. Olehoot has been banned from this forum so many times that we've all lost count because he can't control his narrow minded temper. You see Ol Cooter you really are anti second amendment or you wouldn't support the bullshit you do. DOCB if any of you have paid attention to his posts is stationed in Ramadi, Iraq and is protecting people like the OleHoot to run his mouth against the US Constitution, namely the 2nd A. Don't bad mouth this young man while he's over there protecting your right to stupidity Cooter. DOCB's point is well made, just as many personal attacks are made with handguns and shotguns as semi auto rifles. Cooter you own a Glock and can buy a 33 round magazine for it. Why don't you sell it? You have an Assault Pistol!!! Who knows when you might go fricking nuts and shoot up a mall? Are they going to blame the Assualt Gun or the dingbat pulling the trigger?

It's funny how you always cut and run Ol Cooter when things start to go against your narrow minded views. You always start with this quote, "But Once Again as stated, I have said how I feel and am done with this Post." You just hate being put in your place. Your view is certainly far, far from any sort of "Perfect Gun Laws". Sell what firearms you have and go away. You aren't serving the 2nd A. any justice at all.

18. lotsip81

lotsip81 Well-Known Member

Personally I dont care what it is that you call them. If we start to allow them to ban those then what is next? Are we going to make the 10 round mags a law everwhere? Should they have banned the .308 when the millitary used them for snipers? Thier use was for killing. No because ever thing has its purpose. If you dont like "assualt rifles" then simply don't own one. But why try to hurt the people who use them properly. Afterall do you watch a movie with those guns in it? Have you ever let your kids watch them? So should we blame you for the troubles that some people have?

GUNS DON'T KILL PEOPLE, PEOPLE DO!

Shooting can be a recreational thing, I know that I enjoy shooting. It's not always for practice for defending my household. Sometimes it's just fun. So weather your enjoyment is a AK, AR or a hand gun who cares? Be responsible and defend your 2nd ammendment right!!

19. lotsip81

lotsip81 Well-Known Member

If you few want to continue trying to make me look foolish for making a very valid point, then I hate to say it, but still nobody has given any valid reasons for having an Assault Weapon, other than to Kill People with! What a great reason to own one!

Yet, you are still argueing why you should be allowed to have them with no valid points. Hunters don't use them, economcally they certainly are not Plinking Weapons, they are not even great long range Weapons. *All they do is kill many people quickly! There is not 1 other reason for owning one, any different than there is for owning a Tank! Or should we be allowed to have them as well? How about Fighter Planes?? It could go on and on if a line is not placed somewhere! And you talk about my ignorance??

Nobody is taking away anyone's Right to Bear Arms. You can be sure if the Constitution was written today, it would be worded a lot differently, if Guns were allowed at all! We were very lucky it was written when it was!

This all makes no sense whatsoever, yet you continue to argue about it! All I did was make how I feel about them clear.

But now you are even twisting other items into the conversation, that have nothing to do with any of my comments!

*I don't want All Guns Banned, I never said anything near that! Only a select, very small % of them! I have Owned and Carried Guns for Years, remember? So how can anyone call me "Anti-Gun"? That is just plain stupid! I am only Pro- Innocent Life!

I said what I had to say, and nobody had any valid rebuttal for what I had stated other than they "just want one"! We don't need to keep hearing the same few silly comments from the same type people over and over.

So now, why not just **Get over it and move on?

20. DOCB

DOCB Well-Known Member

ole hoot, when are you going to get it through your thick head????!!?? we have made plent of valid points of why we want/need them. it is YOU!!!! who has yet to make a valid point. all you have done has put your narrow minded, ignorant, opinions on here, that make absolutely no sense at all. about the only thing they acomplish is making yourself look stupider. and you are doing a great job at that if i dont say so myself.

i like what black rifle said. SELL YOUR GUNS TO SOMEBODY WHO DESERVES THEM, AND GO SOMEPLACE ELSE!!!! YOU ARE NOT WANTED HERE