New to the sight/glock gun purchasing

Discussion in 'Buying/Selling' started by Grassman, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Grassman

Grassman New Member

Hey guys and gals I am new to the site. I am looking for a good used 9mm gun. Looking for any suggestions? I have been looking at glocks and rugers pretty close, any opinions on these? Thanks in advance.

Jeff K
  2. Will_Carry

Will_Carry Well-Known Member

Welcome to the directory!

Ruger, Glock, Springfield, Beretta and Smith and Wesson all make good quality handguns at a reasonable price. Sig and H&K make great handguns but they can be pricey.

Taurus, Bersa, Kel-Tec and a few others make affordable handguns if you are on a budget.

Of course they do make 1911 style handguns in 9mm but that's a whole different subject.

Ruger makes the SR9 series and the P95 series and ,from what I understand, are good pistols for the money.

Glock makes the 17,19, 26 and 34 models. If I had to choose between the two, I would choose a Glock without hesitation. I own a Glock 19. It's everything I need in a 9mm concealed carry pistol.

3. SouthTexasSlim

SouthTexasSlim New Member

Hey grassman, What do you plan to use the 9mm for? Concealed carry, home protection, plinking, target shooting...? It's really hard to go wrong with either a Glock or a Ruger. I like my Glock, but I just bought a S&W M&P for the same money...and the Smith is made in the USA as is the Ruger.