Magnum Baby Desert Eagle Reviews

Discussion in 'Pistols' started by Friedrice, Apr 4, 2006.

1. rleem7

rleem7 New Member

2. jbl0114

jbl0114 New Member

I've had the .45 bde for 3yrs never had problems with it.It's very reliable to me and accurate.

3. Perseus145

Perseus145 Member

The Baby Desert Eagle has morphed into the Jericho 941, manufactured by Israeli Weapons Industries. KBI/Charles Daly was importing the pistol up to 1/29/10 when The company went belly-up. I bought the 9mm mid-sized Jericho, with the steel frame. The gun fits comfortably in my hand, and there is almost no recoil. The DA trigger pull is looonnngg, and is a distraction. SA, the trigger pull is short and sweet. I've put about 200 rounds through it without a FTF or FTE. This gun is simply a pleasure to shoot.

If you go to the Magnum Research 2010 catalog, you will find that they have two handguns that they call the Baby Desert Eagle. One is the IWI BDE, which seems to be the same as my Jericho, except for the etching on the slide. The other is a new entry, which has a completely different design. It is called the BDE fast action, and is a hammerless auto. Because of the confusion of names and manufacturers, the webmaster has listed the Jericho 941 under the Charles Daly name. Should be interesting, trying to keep things straight.

4. pcoppney

pcoppney New Member

Just shot the first 50 rounds on a new Jericho 941 (full size). It is a little early to tell but this could be the best pistol I own. Gun is heavy but well balanced. Put the first 10 shots in a 3 inch round at 10 yards. Weight of gun minimizes recoil. Easy to breakdown, simple and intuitive mechanisms. De-cocker, S/A - D/A, and frame safety are great features.

It holds 15 rounds and I put all 15 though it as fast as I could pull the trigger and at least hit the target, no jams, no problems. In my opinion this weapon does a better job on the recoil than the CZ but I doubt there is enough difference to even warrant consideration of this as a deciding factor.

Very nice weapon!

5. jredneck

jredneck New Member

I bought this pistol out of a sense of pride for my birth place of Israel. Unfortunately things did not go smoothly; I have eight other pistols, non of which gave me the trouble that the Baby Eagle 45 did. Out of the box, the Baby Eagle was not percise and horribly inaccurate, shooting way high (8 inches at 7 yards) and to the right. I sent it back to Magnum Research, three Gunsmiths, and countless hopeful trips to the shooting range. Moreover, the factory trigger was 17 pounds, which made my Sigma seem like a 1911. I have spent over $240 for ramp, sight, and trigger work. After 3 years, I finally got it to hit where I aim. But now that it's finally working, I love it. It is very percise, ergonomically unequal, utterly reliable, and something in its heavy duty construction and presentation makes it so reassuring to carry. Would I do it again knowing all the trouble it gave me? Maybe. But not at a gunshow where the seller doesn't back up his product.

6. tigwelder56

tigwelder56 Well-Known Member

Just an FYI for you guys, Perseus145 made a request to place the Jericho 941 on the website. That has been done and you can find it listed in the Charles Daly pistol section.

7. toby

toby Member

I just bought a baby eagle 9mm compact poly frame LNIB. It fits me great. Easy to strip great size. I paid $400 is this a good buy? 10rd mags x2

8. Toeman

Toeman Member

Toby, I would say that is a good buy.

9. Ron40

Ron40 Well-Known Member

Looks a lot like the Tanfoglio/CZ/EAA pistols. Are any parts interchangeable?

10. diamondoug

diamondoug Member

The Baby Eagle magazines and barrels can be fit to EAA/Tanfoglio pistols. Both are clones of the CZ 75 I believe. I have toyed with buying a longer threaded and rifled barrel for my .45. The parts can be found on the Tanfoglio website.

11. mdk62586

mdk62586 New Member

Does anyone know where I can find a full size 9mm BDE (preferably with the longer barrel)?I have looked around a bit but was unable to find a place online with any in stock.

12. chaosink

chaosink New Member

i have owned my baby eagle 40cal. for about 6 yrs now and have NEVER had a ploblem with it. The only thing i recommend is not using re-loads or aluminum casing thats the only time i've ever had a jam or stove-pipe. I CAN FIRE 3 FULL 13 ROUND CLIPS AS FAST AS I CAN PULL THE TRIGGER WITH ABSOLUTELY NO PROBLEMS WITH DECENT AMMO. I consider this the caddilac of pistols; to the point that i've bought and sold 2 others just because they didn't feel as nice as my baby!!! consider yourself warned you will be spoilled by this pistol!!

13. sgtfrank

sgtfrank New Member

I love this gun...I have the all steel 4.5 inch barrel 9 mm and out of the box at 20 yards all in the black....this is a very accurate weapon and has little or no real kick compared to some other 9mm...it is a heavy weapon but the grip makes it seem alot lighter...I have carried it concealed but you need a really good holster....I'm looking for one....any ideas? I have been in combat and I would take this pistol with me any day...I can't say more than that..easy to break down and clean...no problems.

14. tigwelder56

tigwelder56 Well-Known Member

Sgt Frank, welcome to our forum!! It's a pleasure to meet you and appreciate your time serving our country. Thanks Brother!!

I'm curious what type of carry do you intend to use? There are several options for OWB and IWB, what's your preference? That will help to whittle down your options.

15. PistolPaul

PistolPaul New Member

Hello all! I recently picked up two of these pistols. Both steel 9mm 15+1. Amazing guns. However getting two at less than a few days apart was not my initial intention. What had happened was I paid and ordered one from one store, then was told countless stories of it being "on its way" and then having them tell me that their distribuitor no longer has them in stock. In the mean time I found one in another store, thinking that I would go and get a refund from the first. Upon my arrival to get my refund guess what showed up. So in my impression of shooting it and hearing stories of it no longer being available I said well I'll take it and keep it new and unfired. My question is do you think Magnum Research or any other importer will continue to import these or should I hold onto the new one I already have? Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks - Paul