Magnum Baby Desert Eagle Reviews

Discussion in 'Pistols' started by Friedrice, Apr 4, 2006.

1. diamondoug

diamondoug Member

I also would like to know of a good holster. I have had my BDE for about four years now; it is a .45 that I had hardchromed. I really enjoy shooting it and would like to start carrying. I live in Michigan and have not seen much in the way of accessories for this gun.

2. diamondoug

diamondoug Member

For anyone who dislikes cleaning their gun, get it hardchromed. I paid $185.00 and it takes me half the time to do a good job of cleaning and lubricating. I shoot my BDE nearly every weekend and can easily see the where the residue and gunk is. It is kind of "pimp" but I enjoy shooting much more now.

3. brosupermatt

brosupermatt Active Member

LEFT HAND ALERT

I just got home from NRA National Convention I live in l-ville now. I talked to the guys at MR about reversing the mag release to make it left handed- After safe dissassembly

1. twist plunger under trigger bar either way

2. with hand covering mag release hole... opposite side of button..

3. with pliars pull plunger and spring ...this will or should cause mag spring and guard to hit your hand where you covered the hole DO NOT FORGET TO COVER THE HOLE... my spring was bent so it didn't shoot out

4. reverse mag release to make it left handed.

5. with a punch, push mag spring and mag spring guard into mag release, while pressing plunger assembly down-this will cause the plunger assembly to engage mag spring guard when you remove the punch. you will feel/hear click.

6. twist the plunger to proper allignment under the trigger bar.

7. test mag release and trigger to ensure proper function.

8. Assemble your left handed Baby eagle and rock and Roll lefty

9. Thank you magnum research

It took me about 20 min to get it right, but know it's left LOLLOL

This is now the ultimate left handed gun

ps yes I checked out the EAA Zastava EZ, I would consider it the second best left handed gun, very bulky but simular to a sig.

4. SafeP

SafeP Member

I was wondering if someone is familiar with a wooden grip or any after market grip for the compact baby eagle (not semi compact)?

5. Toeman

Toeman Member

safep, I bought a pair of wooden grips by hogue made of exotic hardwood. They fit the full size steel baby desert eagle.

Look real nize, but I perfered different grips. I will sell them for half-price + shipping say $30 total. They are in excellent condition.

6. SafeP

SafeP Member

sounds cool however i have the compact version (the grips are smaller then the semi compact)...

thanks

7. NCSLDR

NCSLDR Member

I have had my BDE .40 for about 6 years now and the only problems witht the pistol was when other people fired it. I have had no FTF or FTE problems with the gun. It is by far my favorite gun to shoot and own.

8. punisher538

punisher538 New Member

I sent my BDE .40 back to Magnum Research to have the trigger looked at on good friday March 21st. I am still waiting to get my gun back.

9. epwrangler

epwrangler Well-Known Member

I have never owned a baby eagle but my cz75 is great.

10. epwrangler

epwrangler Well-Known Member

Well said epwrangler! Me too, I have never owned a baby eagle, but my CZ 75s are great!

11. brosupermatt

brosupermatt Active Member

lefty special pic posted...

12. roofus702

roofus702 New Member

can you put this safty for a lefty?

13. felix822

felix822 New Member

I had to send my BDE .45 to Magnum Research because it kept jamming on me. It kept getting worse; 1 or 2 rounds every magazine.

14. BcovSigp6

BcovSigp6 Member

hey i was thinkin about geting the bde and id like to kno if anyone knows what they usually go for used in 9mm compact or sub.

15. ShootSS

ShootSS Well-Known Member

My very first shot with my Baby Eagle .45 at a range (75 feet) was a Bulls eye on a standard pistol target. Boy was I excited. The other 4 round fired were not as good, but two were in the 9 ring, one in the 7 and one I couldn't find. I guess I got the yips after the bulls eye.

Great gun. Solid. Probably not for carry, but what a great gun for the home or car.

I think the fellows below may have been shooting either a dirty gun or hollow points with the holes too big. Semi-autos are fussy about their hollow points sometimes. The first thing I would have done is clean the gun and try different ammo. It probably was NOT the gun.

16. shooter5

shooter5 New Member

I bought the polyframed, 3.93'' barreled, 9mm for $400.00 NIB and am vary impressed with it so far. It has functioned flawlessly with FMJ and Gold Dot 147gr. HP. I had to drift the rear site to the left a bit, no big deal. The 15rd. mags actually take 17rds. so for me this was a great deal all the way around.

17. DEANS

DEANS New Member

I JUST PURHASED BDE .45 W/10ROUND MAG.IT FAILS TO FEED ROUND 9 AND 10 ON ALMOST EVERY MAG.SOMEONE

HERE POSTED THAT THEY KNOW OF MAGAZINES THAT WORK WELL WITH THIS PISTOL.ANY ADVICE REALY APPRECIATED.TRYING TO AVOID SENDING IT BACK TO MAGNUM RESEARCH.THANK YOU

18. diamondoug

diamondoug Member

I have used EAA .45 magazines with good results. They were the 10 round version. Easier to find than the Magnum Research ones. Good Luck!

19. Toeman

Toeman Member

I need to reinstall the trigger spring. Can someone post a pic of the spring (with slide off and looking down)? Does anyone know where to get an exploded view of the BDE full size?

20. Toeman

Toeman Member