Kel-Tec P-32 Reviews

Discussion in 'Pistols' started by Carrier, May 31, 2006.

1. charmincarmens

charmincarmens New Member

New to Keltec. Have a new P-32 I just bought. Worked fine until I took it apart and put it back together.

Mag won't POP out and slide won't lock back all the time. Sometimes ok sometimes not. Never fired.

It has NO recoil spring catch, could that be the problem ?

Carmen

I sent the P-32 into KT and took it to the range. No issues with it now...This is one heck of a Bug or pocket gun. To fire on target 7 rounds before your eyes blink is pretty cool...

.........Carmen

2. GOANRA

GOANRA Well-Known Member

Funny to learn of those who lost their Kel-Tecs to their wife.

I thought I was the only one. LOL

Wife 'tried' mine at the range & loved it after waxing the 9-10 ring at 30 feet with 6 rounds of "Winchester Personal Defense" JHP rounds.

She puts about 6 rounds e/2 mo in the target & then goes to her .22 for practice.

She always has it with her & is only concerned about 6 ft around herself & is quick to put hand on grip of her P3AT.

I had to go get another one, & got the beltclip for RF pocket & the mag extension for a good 2 finger grip.

Mag ext was $8. on ebay.

Both the .380s seem to eat any ammo I feed 'em.

Each has 400+ rounds through with zero probs. No 'fluff & buff'.

3. nefprotector

nefprotector Member

Well here is the Skinny on my Kel Tec P32. In the beginning this too was the worst handgun that I had ever owned. But a little research here and there, I got it to working myself. This thing would jam round after round. I started looking around on the net and found glocktalk.com and the KT forums group. I started doing fluff and buffs, looking at different ammo selections, oil here grease there. and finally after all that and about 200 rounds. I have had a jam since or any other problem. I believe that these little handguns are massed produced and need a GOOD break in period of atleast 200 rds. Believe me if I didnt trust it. I WOULDNT carry it. ps I carry it daily.

4. Tape

Tape Member

at the present time I let my mother use it for her CCW, she loves how light it is. Great for women and/or backup

5. Benbelcher2907

Benbelcher2907 New Member

I want one so bad I'm drooling

6. Blackrifle

Blackrifle Well-Known Member

Ben, are you kidding? Please say you're kidding. I would own one because it was one of very few choices. It's not a high quality pistol, certainly not worth drooling over. Where in the world did you get that kind of impression from? If you're looking for something in a .32acp to drool over, buy a Seecamp. One more thing, don't EVER consider buying a Beretta Tomcat .32. You might as well just shoot yourself and the family your trying to protect.

7. scareypete

scareypete Member

This is a Damn good gun for what you are getting. I Bought one for my girl as a Christmas gift. She didn't like the recoil on my S&W Snubby but seemed to do fine with full size autos. So I figured a compact auto is perfect. The way she dresses makes it difficult to conceal a larger gun so this in an iwb holster is perfect for her.

I got such a good deal on the Used gun, it came with 200 rds of target ammo for $270 and Recently I figured out why the previous owner gave it up.

The Range we shoot at requires us to purchase their ammo to shoot. So I never touched the Fiocchi Ball ammo it came with. Now I never will again. With mag Tech target loads it is a smooth shooting accurate little gun. We snuck a box of the fiocchi to the range and fired one magazine of it. Failure to eject on the first round so my girl passed it to me to clear it, I emptied the mag... and got kicked in the face with hot powder on all 6 shots.

She loves the gun, and I will probably get one for myself to wear Jogging since it's lighter and easier to carry than my .38

My Biggest problem with the gun is the Ejection port. it is so tight that you can't eject Target rounds without nervously shaking the gun until they hit just the right angle to pop out. We don't have that problem with Hollow Points since they are about 1mm shorter the gun can be cleared easily with them.

My Second biggest problem is the finish, I know it's a polymer but it feels like cheap plastic and I worry that the mag catch will shear off one of these days. Since we have to eject the mag when we get to work, it gets loaded and unloaded about twice a day...

I recommend this gun to everyone I know who wants a Super compact gun on a Budget.

And Shadow 74 is right, this gun is nothing to Drool over. I'm currently Drooling on some of the super compact 1911's in 9mm and .45 acp. But I'll never drool on polymer.

8. jazzman

jazzman Member

What type's of ammo does this gun like? Hate to waste my hard earned money on something that this will not digest.

9. eddbrowne

eddbrowne Member

10. Glenmo

Glenmo Member

Best E.D.C. gun I have owned!! Always with me in pocket holster in front pocket..I can have My hand on the gun in my pocket ready to draw ,without anyone knowing!!!!I was going to buy a Kel tech .380 ,But heard it kicks much more than .32...I have learned to shoot well at close range with .32.I use GLASER SAFETY Slugs in mine for carry..Rounded nose profile feeds great..After you buy a kel tec put 300 rounds F.M.J. "hardball" if you keep having any hang-ups ship it back to KEL-TEC & they will fix for FREE..

11. Glenmo

Glenmo Member

I have found Glaser & new Power ball Ammo works great in autos.Power-ball is a hollowpoint with a plastic ball in tip to give reliable feeding of FMJ & expands when it hits soft tissue .Some older .32 Kel-Tec,s like mine need a magazine kit to be able to feed Hollow-points ,so you dont experience "RIM-LOCK" in the magazines preventing feeding.With powerball ammo you wont need that kit...

12. bill1746

bill1746 New Member

I bought P-32 and I have put 200 rounds through it without a problem.

It is a good light gun to carry and I can hit a three inch ring at fifteen yard with no problem. Most of my other guns are Ruger. This close to the Ruger LCP but for a lot less money. You should clean and oil the gun when you first get it then after each time you fire it and it will last a long time.

13. Glenmo

Glenmo Member

AGAIN !!After you buy a kel tec put 300 rounds F.M.J. "hardball" if you keep having any hang-ups ship it back to KEL-TEC & they will fix for FREE.. I was going to purchase a 3AT .380 But I heard it kicks -Recoils way more than the .32.. The .32 carries more rounds & has a slide-stop which engages when magazine is empty. the .380 does NOT. I feel very confident with the "Stopping Power" of the .32 with Glaser Safety Slugs ..Feeding is flawless.

14. Glenmo

Glenmo Member

AGAIN !!After you buy a kel tec put 300 rounds F.M.J. "hardball" if you keep having any hang-ups ship it back to KEL-TEC & they will fix for FREE.. I was going to purchase a 3AT .380 But I heard it kicks -Recoils way more than the .32.. The .32 carries more rounds & has a slide-stop which engages when magazine is empty. the .380 does NOT. I feel very confident with the "Stopping Power" of the .32 with Glaser Safety Slugs ..Feeding is flawless.

15. seaview

seaview New Member

I must have gotten a lemon last week. Put 30 rounds(10 of 3 different kinds) through it single shot.........love the gun but not one successful feed. Large scrapes on top of barrel/chamber. Talked to customer service and they said to ship it back and went out today. Obviously something wrong. Love the gun though just need to depend on it. As per all reports customer service is great so expecting a great gun back..........

16. MR40CAL

MR40CAL Member

Looking to pick up a P-32 used from a buddys sister. Probably lightly used, it was her ccw gun. I am highly aware of the lack of safety features and the long dao trigger pull but was wondering if anyone has any advice for a wannabe owner of this pocket pistol. Thanks in advance.

17. jazzman

jazzman Member

I was a little concerned about the safety issues so when I carry mine I never put one in the chamber since they are easy enough to chamber a round. I purchased mine brand new put about 300 rounds through it and only (1) hiccup.

I totally trust this gun for self defense. I know alot of people talk about caliber size but I think shot placement is just as important. Good luck.

18. eddbrowne

eddbrowne Member

I will only carry the p32 with a round chambered.

The long DAO trigger, plus a bag or holster, makes

the odds of unintended discharge extremely low.

I also carry keep my Bersa 9 and pk380 chambered.

The first shot in both has a long DA pull, plus a safety.

If a gun is needed, it's often needed quickly, and with one hand.

If you need absolute safety, the first round can be a CS gas

or pepper cartridge that will cycle to a lethal round.

19. Glenmo

Glenmo Member

I recently have bought a Taurus .380 pocket pistol 10 o.z. empty...fired 300 rounds at the indoor range ..No hang ups or failure to feed!! but Kicks like a mule!! very accurate to 30-35 ft at 50 ft groups start to spread out over the target..i switch back & forth between the keltec .32 & the Taurus .380

20. GOANRA

GOANRA Well-Known Member

I consider the .32 caliber underpowered for a practical, primary self defense carry weapon.
    However, I have carried an F.I.E. .25cal as an on-duty BUG during the 80s (prior to the better choices available today).

I have a Kel-Tec P3AT .380acp that has been a great comfort when much discretion is required.
    My wife has severe arthritis and can no longer rack the Kel-Tec so I got her a Taurus 738 TCP 6+1 380ACP with 2.84" inch barrel.
    She could not rack the Ruger LCP nor manage the awful 10 lb trigger pull with any accuracy.

Fortunately, she can easily shoot the Taurus .380 VERY accurately at 30 feet (a longer distance than I would ever wish to attempt to defend as necessary).
    The Taurus & Kel-Tecs no longer require the "Fluff & Buffs" as a rule, but huge attention must be paid to the feed lips on the magazines.
    I have found most of these mag lips need to be slightly expanded until they can be racked by hand with zero failures and checked regularly.

She can use a 28oz 9mm at home, but the .380 Taurus is the best she can manage for a daily CCW.