Kel-Tec P-32 Reviews

Discussion in 'Pistols' started by Carrier, May 31, 2006.

1. amunson52

amunson52 New Member

I just purchased and shot my p 32 today. 3rd round jammed in mag, but I'm assuming it was the round, not the gun. Switched to winchester white box and had no more problems. Does anyone out there use Corbin hps? Just a freak thing I hope.

The Desanits Nemisis holds this gun perfectly in place, it looks like a wallet. Great back-up/warm weather gun.

2. gunnutz

gunnutz Well-Known Member

I use fiocchi jhp, they were recomended for my seecamp cal. 32 by seecamp. Have never had a problem. I also installed a metal spring guide rod from kel-tec. My p 32 works great.

3. PaPaquan

PaPaquan New Member

I've now flung over 500 casings with the P-32. Not a glitch in single or rapid fire. I had to use a small rat-tail file to smooth some of the rough edges from the molding process. The trigger had a sharp ridge down the front center and the trigger guard was sharp enough to rub finger raw my first time out... like I said, a little filing and light sandpaper has transformed this gun from a cactus, to a comfortable, accurate, reliable CCW. I paid $250 (new) at a show, and considering that you usually get what you pay for, I wasn't too put out at doing a bit of finishing work.

4. 5shot

5shot Active Member

5. gunnutz

WOW....................

6. 5shot

5shot Active Member

PaPaquan, You make a great point with the ford. I did get very frustrated with my little Kel-Tec. If it had worked for me I'm sure I would still have it. I would love to have a very small pocket gun to carry on hot days. Sorry to come off like a know it all.......I'm not! Your also right about a 22. One to the head and the bad guy goes down. For one I don't want to get shot with anything. As far as the Kel-Tec maybe there better now. Like I said It was one of the first they made. For now my 38 is the one for me. Thanks and God Bless America!

7. gunnutz

I have been following this interesting discussion; I carry a Kel-Tec P32. For several reasons; It is light weight, doesn't have a tendency to rust, is easy to conceal, carries sufficient number of rounds for a good defence, has potential "knock down power" , is accurate for "point and shoot" defense, is double action, and has been dependable for me. I currently own over 30 hand guns revolvers, and semi auto, calibers; .22 LR to .44Mag. I shoot 2x weekly, strictly defense, 400-600 rounds per week. Last year I fired over 14,000 rounds of ammunition. I keep a recorod of how I shoot and how the gun preforms. Amunition has been a mixture, Russian, Polish, Italian, Serbian, Romaian, and American. With my .22LR autos, CCI Mini Mags only, the others, anything. I have sold two handguns because of consistant failures, with factory repairs made and failures continuing any way; one was a Charter Mag Pug .357 revolver, the other was a Kimber 1911, cal.45. I had bought both guns new. Charter replaced my first gun after 3 factory repairs, after 4 factory repairs on the 2nd Pug I sold it. Kimber told me, "our handguns require a SUGNIFICANT break in period" I had fired over 1000 rounds of premium ammo with this gun before I traded it on a S&W 617 .22 revolver. I fire and practice with all of my guns. Besides the above mentioned guns I have sent two others in for factory repairs; a Bersa thunder .380 after 1200 rounds fired, and a Taurus PT 22 after 1100 rounds fired. I currently have two other guns in for repair a Rock Island .45 3" barrel (750 rounds fired with maney faliures) and a CZ52 7.62 purchased used, 300 rounds fired. My Kel-Tec has had no failure to feed or fire with 400 rounds fired to date. It prefer Fiocchi JHP with this gun and my cal. 32 Seecamp. I keep these records for two reasons, 1. I want to know how he gun and I do together, the other because I was told by a Federal Procecutor that if I shot some one on duty or off, the Judge would want to know what my skill level was, and how well I knew my fire arm. I believed him. All of this shows me several things most importat to me is how often a failure occurs and with which of my guns has let me down. When the two pistols come back I know the Rock is history if it fails again (It blew the recoil spring and rod out the front of the pistol) I will keep the CZ and not carry it because it's a unique, curio and relic firearm.

8. 5shot

5shot Active Member

WOW...You are GUNNUTZ!! LOL...I wish I coulds shoot that much! The $$$ and the wife would kill me. So you have had good luck with the Kel-Tec? Maybe I just got a bad one? I would be so pissed if I got another and it didn't work. I was looking at one of the NAA mini 22 mags. What do you think of them? I think it would be easy to carry on a hot summer day and a 22 Mag is nasty!

God Bless America!

9. gunnutz

I have one of those also, 5. Better than a spit ball! If there is a problem with your Kel, I would send it back, most manufacturers will work with you.

10. 5shot

5shot Active Member

Traded mine for a used SS Taurus 38 that I put in the truck. What can I say......I just trust a revolver! Iam going to pick up a NAA 22 mini in the next week or so. Should be fun to have around. I'll post on the NAA section. God Bless America!

11. shawn

shawn Well-Known Member

So, it is between this and the seecamp for my wifes carry pistol.

gunnutz, you own both and certainly know what your saying. Which would you suggest?

The kt is cheaper, easier to find, and has a longer barrel, so I am leaning towards it.

12. GUNREVIEWER108

GUNREVIEWER108 Member

I had two major problems within the first fired 200 rounds. The problems prevented the weapon from being fired properly. I would not trust my life with this weapon!!! The customer service was solid on the bright side.

13. gunnutz

My philosophy is, if its mechanical it can fail. My 1000 buck Kimber is history because even after 1100 rounds and much fixing it never, worked right. On the other hand my $400.00 High Standard 1911 has 1500 rounds through it and has never even burped. Seecamp recomends that a person buy a box of 50 rounds of ( I use Fiocchi JHP ) what ever recomended ammo you choose. Shoot 30, if they work OK save the remainder for personal protection. I did the same with my Kel. I'm not defending any thing, it's what I do and it works for me.

14. KBintheSLC

KBintheSLC Active Member

Had my P32 2nd gen for about 2 months now. I did a fluff and buff as mentioned on KTOG.org before I even shot it. I have placed about 300 rounds downrange with zero malfunctions of any kind. The gun shoots great for how tiny it is. I only use JHP's in the chamber and on top of the mag... the rest are FMJ's. If you want to use only JHP or flat-nose ball ammo, you need to get a rim-lock kit for your mags from Kel-Tec.

These are great guns for people who don't want the burden of a full sized auto. I still carry my Glock 26 most of the time, but the P32 is always with me.

It seems like several folks have has issues with theirs. My advice is this... first make sure you thoroughly clean the gun before you fire it. Second, many folks don't need a fluff and buff for theirs to work perfectly, however, if you do it carefully... it cant hurt. I did mine before risking a failure, and I have had none. If you don't feel good about doing it yourself, KT will do it for you. Third, be patient. The company will help you if you have problems.

These guns should be 100% reliable. If they are not, try different ammo... try the F&B. If all of that doesn't work, send it back to KT... they will fix it.

I highly recommend this gun. I will buy another for the wife this spring.

15. shaman

shaman Member

The P-32 is small light and totally concealable. I've had no problems or jams of any kind. I usually use Fiocchi FMJ but recently put a box of Corbon hollows through it with no problems. A revolver is always going to be more reliable than an automatic but here in Florida ( I live a mile from the factory) you can't conceal a large, heavy .38 in shorts and a tanktop. It's not that acurate outside 20 ft. but that's not what it's designed for. Try it I think you'll like it.

16. gunnutz

I picked up my second P32 today. The reason for a second pistol is my wife took over the first! She likes the light weight, small size and smooth trigger pull. In addition to those features I don't have to worry about rust. I carry mine in a pocket holster and here in south texas its warm 8 months of the year, tee shirt and shorts weather. The P32 is very easy to conceal. I also use Fioccchi but prefer JHP. When I first bought the gun I installed a steel guide rod from Kel Tec. I have ordered one for my new gun, 6 bucks..............no problems with my P32.

17. GUNREVIEWER108

GUNREVIEWER108 Member

I must of had a lemon p32 then. I got rid of it and bought a GLOCK. Love the GLOCK!

18. gunnutz

I tested out my new p32 today. 50 rounds of winchester wal mart ammo. not a problem. Yesterday I installed a steel guide rod and used a 10 round magazine, both items from kel tec. I shot double taps, and fired 2 full mags. fast as I could pull the trigger. great little gun! I think ruger believes the same................

19. kep4321

kep4321 Well-Known Member

Just a quick question. I am interested in the Kel-Tek Sub 2000 carbine. Does anybody here have one, or can canbody direct me to a forum so I can see what people who have actually used one or own one say?

Thanks.....

20. blackcampbell

blackcampbell Member

I've got about 500 rounds through my Kel-Tec, including a mag of the Galsier safety slugs. No malfunctions. No problems of any kind. Accuracy is surprisingly good.

For an "oh, $#it" gun, it's a great choice. Small enough to fit in my motorcycle jacket pocket.