Kel-Tec P-32 Reviews

Discussion in 'Pistols' started by Carrier, May 31, 2006.

1. Carrier

Carrier New Member

Best carry gun ever. Drop it in a pocket and you almost forget about it. Shoots like a dream, with the Handall Jr. grip. Almost nonexistent recoil, points so naturally, like pointing your finger, silky smooth trigger and mine has been totally reliable with everything I could put through it. 1000+ rounds in 2 months. For those who think the finish could be better, just polish the barrel hood to a mirror finish and it looks like a totally different expensive gun. I dont know why Kel-Tec doesnt do this one extra step.

2. Rec_Shooter

Rec_Shooter Member

I have had my P32 for about 2 years. Very easy to carry. Would reccommend the clip attachement. Allows you to carryy it concealed with no holster. Only thing disappointing was the finish wore of fairly quick. I have had zero issues with mine. Also if you call Kel-Tec they will send you replacement recoil springs which I would suggest after several hundred rounds. Once I put the new springs in it was very obvious the older ones were a bit worn. All in all great gun for the money, and it truly is a gun you can carry all the time. Though I am now looking to replace it with the P3AT, very close in size but a 380 ACP

3. ANTI-XD

ANTI-XD Well-Known Member

Im going to get a Kel-tec 32 as soon as possible so Ill just have to tell you have that one goes Im hoping for a good gun considering its very tiny an mostly made of polymer Im not unreal about this I know it will never stack up to a glock 17 but hopefully for the price it will last for a while as a ccw weapon

4. ANTI-XD

I was wondering if there was any where I coudl buy cheap clips for the kel-tec p32 becuase Im ot paying 20 something a piece for those mags I mean I know mecgar makes those ones from kel-tec but geez where are the cheap after market mags or is there any one that knows any cheap clips made for another gun that will work ??

5. ANTI-XD

this is one nice gun if you get ahold the new ones youll think so to it throws the hulls a mile when they are ejected wich is good it simply means it gets they out and away from the gun so there cant be a malfunction

6. Ky-Glockman

Ky-Glockman Well-Known Member

I dont own a p-32 (yet) but i did get to shoot one today and i was very pleased with it. Very easy and smooth shooting, one heck of a great little conceal carry pistol just cant beat a super small super reliable gun like that i gotta get one.

7. gunnutz

gunnutz Well-Known Member

Bought a kel-tec p32 at a gun show on Sat. Tues. shot 75 rounds of JHP, not a problem, very accurate, and kicks less than my beretta tomcat used to. I also ordered a 10 round mag. for it I like the extension it wllill give me. Now I'm hearing all kinds of negative stuff about the gun. I'll see for my self......So far I'm way past pleased.....Happy shoootin

8. gunnutz

Picked up my 10 round mag for the P32, shot 100 rounds had 2 fail to feed. The extended mag helps hold the gun steady. Still think it's a good gun for the price. Thimk it will replace the 9mm Cobra as my car gun. 10 gos inta better than 2.happy shoootin

9. masktru

masktru Member

Picked one up 2 weeks ago but have not fired it yet. Excellent for CCW. After a couple hours of having it in your pocket you forget it's there. That could lead to trouble for restrictd areas though.

10. gunnutz

let me know how it works for you, masktru.......happy shoootin

11. bripro

bripro Member

A 32 in your pocket is better than a 44 at home. Great gun for its intended purpose. The president of my range told me the best way the Kel-Tec 32 could defend me was if I threw it at my attacker. Then he told me about a guy he knew who bled to death after shooting himself in the leg with one. Go figure. Dont trust the clips for carry though. Cool idea but my gun fell right out of the leg of my pants in a store once. Luckily the only guy who noticed was laughing so hard he didnt cause a comotion.

12. gunnutz

pretty comical, I had a Beretta fall out of my sholder holster one time, everybody noticed. Didn't use that holster any more. I ordered a break top holster from Ray's Holsters he makes them coutom for around 30 bucks for theP-32. Now I'm looking for an after market recoil spring guide made from steel, field stripped mine yesterday and found it's made of plastic. On the other hand so is the factory spring guide on the Glock 19! A 600 dollar plastic gun..............the P-32 may wind up being my car gun.

13. gunnutz

Called Kel tech this am, they do carry an after market steel recoil spring guide, $5.00, I ordered one, plus a new set of springs, totoal cost $17.00! The recoil spring guide in steel is $29.50 for the Glock, figures the Glock 19 is $600.oo...........

14. Rec_Shooter

Rec_Shooter Member

Interesting story about the clip not securing the P32 for you I have used a clip for over a year now with no issues. I have found though that it stays much more secure if only clipped over the pants. If you try to clip over the pants and belt the clip seems to almost want to push up off the belt. I also carry with a desantis pocket holster which works great as well.

gunnutz, Please post if the steel guide rod causes any problems. I also replaced the springs in mine and it was a very noticible difference but stuck with the plastic guide rod.

15. masktru

masktru Member

Rec Shooter, just curious why not change to the steel guide rod also?

16. gunnutz

17. bripro

bripro Member

About my carry clip malfunction......I usually did have sucess with the carry clip, a few times it did ride up pretty far and almost fall out. The time it actually did fall I had my youngest daughter who was like 6 months old at the time in one of those baby carrying front backpack things. I bent down to look at something on a low shelf in the store and when I stood up the gun slid right down the inside of my pants and out the leg. No doubt the baby carrier knocked it loose. It wasnt that big of a deal since I never keep one in the chamber when I have the kids. It did make me a bit nervous though because I have heard stories of people having their carry permits revoked if the law at any time visibly sees their gun. Now that would SUCK!

18. Rec_Shooter

Rec_Shooter Member

Masktru, I asked Kel-Tec about a new set of springs and a steel guide rod. They sent (used to) the springs free of charge. I asked about the steel guide rod adn the kel-tec rep said. "they have them if people want them, but they do not feel its a necessary item" . I just kept the gun stock.

Bripro, If you havn't tried it the DeSantis pocket holster works real well adn is shaped such that you can get a positive grip on the grip before drawing. Some of the pocket pistols holters surround too much for me. It seemed you have to pick out the gun with your fingers. The DeSantis pocket holster also uses good materials which keep the holter in the pocket when the gun is drawn.

19. gunnutz

My custom consealed holster for my P32 came in todays mail, I ordered it from Ray's holsters on the web. I have 5 other holsters from Ray, but he out did himself on this one! My cheapo Kel is going to feel like a king in this...On the guide rod, I felt the plastic issue rod was kind of "noodely" I'll find out after I shoot with the steel installed.

20. AZCCW

AZCCW Member

Kel Tec P32 (Steel Guide Rod P32-195M, from Kel Tec), and

Wolff 13lb extra power recoil spring, from Wolff gunsprings,

http://www.gunsprings.com

Extra power magazine springs are also available from Wolff.

This is a great conceal carry pistol. The steel recoil rod has improved accuracy, less flexing than the original plastic rod, and the extra power recoil springs and extra power magazine spring eliminates any feed jam problems.

A bad ass little gun.