Glock 26 Reviews

Discussion in 'Pistols' started by Makarov, Apr 29, 2006.

1. Ky-Glockman

Ky-Glockman Well-Known Member

even with practice that sounds like a pretty risky way to draw your weapon. now I am aware that in a life or death situation every second could make the difference between living and dieing, but my self personally I would practice drawing the weapon then putting my finger on the trigger.

2. russcoh

russcoh New Member

I purchased my Glock 26 about 3 months ago, have put about 1200 rounds through it of various brands (Magtech, Winchester, etc), without any jams. The "Safe action" safety on the trigger can be rather nerve racking at first, however thus far I've seen no real problems with it. If you do have to draw while carrying, nice to not be worrying about the safety. Be sure to get a very well made thick holster, such as something from Galco. I wouldn't trust soft or thin holsters with this gun, if you fall, might fire on you. Play it safe! Here in Colorado, I worry more about being attacked by dogs than people, so it's nice to have a caliber with a little power, at least more than a .380 or .32ACP. Good blowback on this, too, very little hop considering size and length.

3. LIFER4GLOCK

LIFER4GLOCK Member

Simply put: Glocks are the best. Why? because they are NOT made in the USA! Without a doubt American made hand guns,i.e, quality control,dependability etc. are not what they used to be. This is not my opinion alone but the opinion of my fellow Peace Officers,friends,family and gun shop owners. If you want a good example of this go on the Kimber page,,talk about junk! The important thing to all of this is to educate yourself prior to making a purchase.

4. Ta2Dave

Ta2Dave Member

I was thinking about getting a Kimber.

Talk about $$$!

5. Steveg

Steveg Member

Thinking of buying a Glock 26 or 19,the other alternaive was Baby Eagle .Here in HI. they are all about $580.00.Any advice out there?

6. LIFER4GLOCK

LIFER4GLOCK Member

ATTENTION Ta2dave: If you want to read all the horror stories concerning Kimbers go to the Kimber page of this web site. I am a two time loser, meaning,,,I bought two top of the line Kimbers along with their top of the line price tags. Both firearms turned out to be the biggest hunks of crap I have ever owned. DO NOT BUY KIMBER!

7. LIFER4GLOCK

LIFER4GLOCK Member

i'm thinking on buying a glock 26...what happens if you get gun solvent on the plastic?...i heard these guns fall apart into many pieces when you field strip them?...are they accurate at 60 feet?

8. LIFER4GLOCK

LIFER4GLOCK Member

i was gonna buy a g26...but i bought a walthers ppk/s...its smaller than a glock...i just bought ebony grips...way cooler looking than a square plastic glock...i might still buy the 26...but i bet the ppk/s is more accurate...and 9mm out of a gun this size...i bet its the same power as the ppk/s 380...the same power and not as cool looking as my james bond gun

9. exhaust

exhaust Well-Known Member

dan, you heard the gun falls apart when you field strip it? Your getting info from where? And who? The Glock is probably one of the easiest guns to strip; one could probably take it down and reassemble with a blindfold on. Only 4 pieces, slide, barrel, recoil spring and frame. Its probably the toughest and most reliable brand around. If your serious about purchasing one, or any brand of gun, really do some research rather then listening to bogus claims. That square plastic Glock will be a glistening diamond on your side in the event you need something to work for sure.

10. LIFER4GLOCK

LIFER4GLOCK Member

Is it possible to field strip a Glock with an empty magazine in the firearm?

11. exhaust

If the mags in, I don't think the slide will go forward off the gun.

12. Humabdos

Humabdos New Member

Hey Dan the glock is more accurate than you will ever be! When your life is on the line looks don't matter.Hope you look good with your cool gun while your laying there bleeding to death! also where do you get your info from a retard? lol

I see the PPK jam all the time at the range.

13. Humabdos

Humabdos New Member

glocks are like butt holes...everyone has one and they stink...hey...do you glock people armor all your plastic guns?...my ppks has never jammed...i clean it in seconds with rubbing alcohol and qtips...glock people ask to shoot it...i just tell them to scram...i outshoot all of them...i'm not bragging about my talents...i just have a real gun...500-600 bucks for a plastic gun?...glock owners are crime victims...ripped off again...but i hear u can recycle the plastic so its not a complete waste...but dont leave it in the trunk of your car in summer...extreme heat will warp it...

14. pakettle

pakettle Active Member

I think dankippy has been out in the sun too long, If you don't like glocks thats your problem, just keep your anti glock comments to yourself.

15. exhaust

True, if you have an experience share it, your rant has no relevance to the product. My G23 hasn't jammed with over 8000 rounds, my G30 2500+ flawless. As for the "plastic" comment, you wouldn't be able to tell whether my G23 has 80 or 8000 rounds on it inside or out, because its built just that good. The Glock speaks for itself. I won't be asking to shoot a PPK.

16. exhaust

errr...it's not a rant...it's a review...i see...no bad reviews allowed?...i called it a plastic gun because it's a plastic gun

17. exhaust

Hard to review something you haven't tried and tested, funny how you picked a Glock thread to discuss the PPK, maybe you want to hang with the best!lol Don't worry dan, theres a Glock with your name on it at the shop! I might have to go to the PPK thread and claim some more victims, then there'll be a bunch of lonely PPK's sitting in the back of the safe.

18. LIFER4GLOCK

LIFER4GLOCK Member

dankippy: Things could be worse,,,,you could own a Kimber! Then you would know what the word "crap" really means.

19. LIFER4GLOCK

LIFER4GLOCK Member

gee...a guy with a handle of glocksforlife doesn't like my critisism of glocks...ok...better say something nice...hey!...bet all that plastic absorbs recoil...was at the range yesterday...hands still sore from the stainless steel guns i own...but some kinds of pain are sweet...