Glock 22 Reviews

Discussion in 'Pistols' started by Freak, May 8, 2006.

1. bobbfwed

bobbfwed Active Member

Meprolight has a 12 year warranty (approximately the half life of tritium) and Trijicon has a 10 year warranty. Because it is a radioactive substance, the half life is where the night sights will be putting out about half as amplitude of light, which will probably appear to be only slightly dimmer, but over the next 10-12 years it will dim to nothing. So figure on a good 12-15 years of good bright use.

Ported barrels exist, what do you want to know? You can get barrels that have the porting past the slide, or have your gun modified with a couple holes in the top of the slide and have internal porting. Porting is not a good idea for conceal carry, but it is great for day time target shooting (it'll kill your night vision during night shooting). Reduces recoil and a lot of muzzle flip.

After market compensator? The best compensator you can get is a ported barrel, but I know they also have weights and other such things. Don't know about those too much.

As for barrels, I know the guys were talking about it earlier, just scroll down.

Sounds like you are moding your gun for modding sake. But to each his own...

2. jdeangelis99

jdeangelis99 Well-Known Member

Thanx yeah i was looking for the external porting.. I was looking at one barrell. Yeah I also have a glock 22 C and when I shoot it at night the muzzle flash comes up to the top kinda making me loose aim on the target..I never shoot anything with a external port.Thanx for the night sights.. Im guessing it just glows in the dark?

3. bobbfwed

bobbfwed Active Member

Yeah, night sights use tritium (radio active substance, as stated before) to "glow in the dark", but they don't need to be "charged" or anything. They are useful in dark situations, but during dusk you can't see them (of course it is difficult to explain at what brightnesses they are useful). Both meprolight and trijicon have a good white ring around the tritium inserts for them to be very useful until it is dark enough to see the glowing tritium. Again, this isn't very useful for daytime target shooting, but for a CCW, it could be a life saver at night.

4. jdeangelis99

thanx for the help..IM doing alot of modifactions to my gun and looking at diffrent things I can do..

5. exhaust

exhaust Well-Known Member

I'm surprised to hear night sights aren't on your duty gun jd, or house gun, get yourself a set, you'll be happy you did.

6. glock40

glock40 New Member

i own one of these and its one of the best ive ever owned pistol wise...only thing i would sugest is getting the 3.5 pound trigger connector best 18 bucks ive ever spent!

7. jdeangelis99

yeah i bought the extended slide realese eand mag realease and also bought the trigger.. I also bought laser max.. A new barrel but I havn't bought night sights

8. exhaust

jd, are you limited, or do you have to get permission to alter your duty gun?

9. glock40

glock40 New Member

dose the barrel help or is it about the same because ive heard good and bad about the aftermarket barrels

10. jdeangelis99

ask permission Its tough to do anything to your gun. My duty glock 22 is standard my personal glock 22 is the one i do work on

11. jdeangelis99

ask permission Its tough to do anything to your gun. My duty glock 22 is standard my personal glock 22 is the one i do work on

12. jdeangelis99

13. jdeangelis99

14. jdeangelis99

ask permission Its tough to do anything to your gun. My duty glock 22 is standard my personal glock 22 is the one i do work on.

15. exhaust

You should definitely have night sights on your duty, I'm surprised to hear its not standard issue. I fired my G23 as the sun went down one night before the install, the stock sights disappeared in dim light! In fact stock sights are my only complaint about a Glock.

16. star_scream

star_scream New Member

hey i am getting my glock this week i heard that you can switch the barrel in the .40 to a 9mm can you do this?

17. jdeangelis99

yes you can.. Just buy the converison barrel.. You cna get it on www.topglock.com plus you will have to buy a 9mm clip... Good luck glock will not let you down

18. jdeangelis99

what night sights do you recomend if you go to topglock.com I see a few diffrent sights.. Im confused on witch I should buy

19. bobbfwed

bobbfwed Active Member

the two biggest companies (here in the states) is Trijicon and Meprolight. Go with either one of those, and you won't have a problem. Between them, people have opinions, but they are pretty close. I've been happy with Trijicon products, but I'm going to give Meprolight a try next time I buy night sights (probably for my P2000SK).

20. star_scream

star_scream New Member

so i have my glock now love it but was wondering is it worth it to change triggers, sigths, barrels and the like.