Glock 19 Reviews

Discussion in 'Pistols' started by eteasley, Mar 24, 2006.

1. Bigyella68

Bigyella68 Member

@edteach2u... That's hilarious!!! All I can say about that is WOW!!!

2. Will_Carry

Will_Carry Well-Known Member

WHAAAA HAAAA HAAAA. You guys have got to watch this video.

Ed, this is the kind of post you should have been making all along. It's funny but not malicious or venomous.

3. BradLe

BradLe Member

WOW, that video is sick, LOL....... I thoroughly enjoy the skit. Too bad anger, the lack of intelligence and lack of sense of humor got the guy so much negative response. Even if he didn't have the message at the bottom of the video, you should still be able to pick up on the sarcasm in his voice.

Just remember everyone. Stupidity is a DISEASE.........

And it's contagious!!!

Be safe, stay protected. ;)

4. Crowellski

Crowellski New Member

I just bought a G19. I was wondering if anybody could...enlighten me on some good defense ammo? thanks!

5. Bigyella68

Bigyella68 Member

@Crowellski... There are way too many to list by brand but... Most of the experts (or so called) say use between 124 gr and 127 gr hollow point, hydra-shok or whatever the company refers to it's specific round. They say any lighter round is inconsistent and the heavier ones tend not to achieve the speed needed to expand properly. The best suggestion is to fire as many as you can and determine which you like best... bullets are made to kill something and all will. Just a matter of which you like!

6. forddave

forddave New Member

bought mine used and had a problem with the striker so it was sent back to glock. they replaced the guide rod and striker and springs.it had it back in about 2 weeks, NO CHARGE,even paid the shipping. remember i was not org.owner and still no charge. gun hasnt skipped a beat since then,many thousands rounds ago.customer service was FANTASTIC. the gun has been a work horse. one of the best guns i own

7. whitehood

whitehood Well-Known Member

Service after the sale is one of the many reasons Glock rules.

8. epwrangler

epwrangler Well-Known Member

My Glock 19 was OK but my M&P is better. It fits better for me, shoots better for me and looks much better and it is a real American product. The Sigma is and was a dog and a poor Glock like pistol but the M&P is a real winner. It ate my G19.

9. whitehood

whitehood Well-Known Member

I like the M&P as well as the various options it brings to the table. Still the Glock is cheaper. When Smith reps tried to make sales for LEA, a guy would come out, leave a pistol for evaluation to be pickup later and say this is the price. Glock would leave the pistols permanently, give out Glock gear and deal, including using trade ins in the final purchase price.

10. xlearguy

xlearguy Member

Hey Crowelliski, xlearguy here, I've used Speer Gold Dots 124 grain +P hollow Points for a defense load and I can get a good group out of them. The cops around here use the same ammo in 40 cal. and also in 9mm, which is why I tried them. As with all my pistols the weapon and ammo are much more accurate than I am.

11. mattk62586

mattk62586 New Member

So I'm planning of purchasing a G19 as an occasional carry (I own a Sig P226, great gun, but a bit big/heavy for carrying). I also want to get some good personal defense ammo, and I am debating between Cor-Bon 115gr 1350 fps and Speer Gold Dot 124gr. Any thoughts/recommendations?

12. GeeBrad

GeeBrad New Member

Just got my G19 and put 150 rds thru it with no problem as expected. However when do I clean the copper colored stuff under the slide that the factory put on it? I read after the break-in of 200-250 rounds so it can work its way into the metal???? Clean it now or put another 100 rds through. Please advise, thanks.

13. BradLe

BradLe Member

@geebrad

I've had my 19 for about four months now. I've shot around 2,100 rounds threw it with no jams so far. I go to range on average twice a week and shoot a box of 50 each time out. With that being said, I use a Kleenbore classic handgun kit to clean my 19 after everytime I go out and I still have slight traces of the "copper colored stuff" under the slide. It hasn't hurt anything so far and I figure it will just wear away with usage.

Hope this helps.

14. xlearguy

xlearguy Member

geebrad - the copper (gold) stuff is an automotive ant-seize compound that you can purchase at any NAPA or automotive parts store. Some folks put it on spark plugs and such. I believe Glock puts it on for a break in period but it'll eventually wear off and not to worry just use the pistol lube or grease you've been using. I clean and lube my Glocks after every time I shoot them. The Glock will fire thousands of rounds without ever being cleaned, but then your car would run for thousands of miles without you changing the oil and filter. So I recommend cleaning and lubricating your Glock after you shoot it and after several thousand rounds the gold/copper colored compound will eventually wear off and does not need to be replaced.

15. GeeBrad

GeeBrad New Member

Thanks Guys. This is my second Glock but the first one I bought was used. This breaking a gun in stuff is new to me.

16. Dharmabumz

Dharmabumz Well-Known Member

I have a used Glock 19 my wife uses. How do I tell if it is a third generation or fourth etc?

17. girphoto

girphoto Well-Known Member

The easy way is that the slide has Gen4 next to 19.

A second way is if it has a double recoil spring and the third way is I'd it has interchangeable back straps.

18. Dharmabumz

Dharmabumz Well-Known Member

Thanks. All I see on the slide is 9x19 and up nearer the muzzle 19 space Austria. It doesn't appear that the backstrap is removable. Would I then call it a generation 1 or 2?

19. girphoto

girphoto Well-Known Member

Than it is most proberrly a gen 3.