CZ 2075 Reviews

Discussion in 'Pistols' started by dontmatr, May 11, 2006.

1. dontmatr

dontmatr New Member

I purchased my RAMI 9mm in late 04 as my primary conceal carry weapon. Admittedly, I am a fan of the CZ 75 series pistol, and was intrigued by it. Despite its small size and relatively light weight, the recoil is surprisingly light. Ergonomically, while not perfect (the short grip means my no room for my pinky finger), it is still laid out very well, and very natural, especially with someone already familiar with the CZ 75. Disassembly is identical to the CZ 75. In terms of accuracy, it is acceptable, but not quite a tack driver like its larger bretheren. The trigger pull is fairly heavy but smooth in DA mode, and SA mode is best described as moderate; not particularly heavy or light, and is also somewhat stagy. Recoil, though more pronounced than the larger CZs, is still surprisingly controllable, and not painful at all to shoot. The RAMI has also proven to very reliable.

Aside from the trigger (which, if anything like my other CZs, will improve over time with more shooting/dry-firing) and the short grip (a concession to concealability), the only significant drawback I found with the RAMI (at least with mine) is its tendancy to eject spent brass directly rearward and upwards (usually into my forehead and sometimes into my eye area).

Overall, a good effort on CZ-UBs part in releasing a major-caliber concealed-carry weapon.

2. chupa357

chupa357 New Member

I have the RAMI in the .40 and I have around 500 rounds through it.

Positive: This is a little canon, a ton of power. It is very comfortable and super accurate. I can hit bullseyes at 15 yards without a problem, which is pretty good for a subcompact. Anyone that shoots it loves the feel and accuracy.

Negative: The magazines that come from the factory are POS and cause a lot of problems. The finish on them is horrible, which causes failure to feed problems. This is easily solved by using aftermarket mags or smoothing out the originals.

Once the mags are fixed, this gun is close to perfect. To me, it has the same feel and function of the Sig, but without the price tag.

3. Konigstigerii

Konigstigerii New Member

I bought the RAMI in 9mm used and love this pistol. It is very accurate and very reliable, with factory ammo (reloading i may occasionally get a empty case so it has no charge, but I find it less sensitive to weaker loads than the springfield XD) I haven't had a single problem and I'v shot around 600 or more thru it so far. Recoil is also not bad too. The finish is also very good and is very tough.

4. armoredman

armoredman Member

My wife recieved the first CZ-2075 RAMI in Arizona, andshe won't let go. It fits her to a "T", and works extremely well. The fit is unlike the standard CZ-75, being a compact version of the CZ-40, the child of the ill-fated Colt Z-40. With the optional, and hard to find 14 round factory extended magazine, it works well for me, too. It is a good concealment sidearm, and typical of CZ worksmanship and design.

5. Vgate49

Vgate49 Well-Known Member

I just got a 2075 in .40, Some of you have mentioned there was a problem with the mags.

Who's mags do you recommend and where can I get them?

Thanks

6. Edmondt

Edmondt Active Member

Well, as a newbie to this sport, I purchased a new CZ 2075 RAMI at a gun show for $440, and have put 200 rounds through it. It has excellant workmanship, is very accurate, but has quite a kick.

Does anyone know if you can dry fire this gun -- or for that matter how you can tell if a gun can be dry fired?

Thanks.

7. Vgate49

Practice squeezing that trigger all day!

8. Vgate49

I've had my Rami now about two weeks,

I have put about 200 rounds through it and it does not function well on any hollow points, except the 135 grain Cor-Bon.

They tell me the gun needs to be broken in (500-750) rounds.

Eats FMJ just fine. Recoil is just fine, accuracy is very acceptable, but, I am a bit concerned about putting this weapon into service with the jamming problems.

Furthermore, neither mag will accept 8 rounds and one Mag is totally screwed up as our gunsmith put it.

Tried calling CZ got machines, e-mailed them as they requested twice, no reply...my patience is quickly wearing thin.

Any advise out there?

9. Edmondt

Edmondt Active Member

CZ has an incredible reputation for reliability, and I've put 1000 rounds through my RAMI without a single problem.

I think you may have a dud on your hands -- I'd check with CZ about it.

EdmondT

10. popcycle

popcycle Member

Until they have the revised magazine availabe for the 40. Most any round that is 165 grain or higher will have problems. Best case scenario is to use 155 grain or less with this pistol. If you use 165 (which seems to be the breaking point) then you really need to look at the shape of the bullet. If it is blunt nose and 165 beware. Try to stay at least 165 or better especially with HP. The RAMI in a 40 is a high caliber short slide pistol. It is more sensitive to a type ammuniton and weak wrists than larger pitols. I have sigs also and you can just about put everything but the kitchen sink down the barrel. (Work Horse) Treat this pistol like a sensitive race horse. Keep it clean and well lubed and stay consistent with the ammunition. If you google the tests for this pistol most do not exceed 155 and if they do it is not HP.

11. Vgate49

Thanks Pop,

It won't eat the Hornaday TAP 155's but will eat the Cor-Bon 135's.

Will it get better if broken in more?

What about polishing the ramp?

One of the enclosed mags hasn't worked from the start.

What bothers me the most is I can't get get anyone at CZ to pick up a phone, all i get is recordings, I have e-mailed them 3 times also without any response.

I don't know how they do business that way.

I own 7 other handguns all reliable, if i can't make this work it will be traded in on my next new one.

I like the look & Feel of the gun, but If I have to worry about it working....no way!

My wife's HK P200SK or Kimber Ultra Raptor 2 will more than fill the bill.

12. popcycle

popcycle Member

I have always had good luck with contacting CZ and they are forthcoming about the sensitive nature of this pistol. They are willing to discuss most any issue at length. They have several gunsmits on staff and are willing to help. Usually I call the 800 number and select parts or gunsmith. There are two new magazines coming for the 40, one with an extension that they expect anyday. You may have to send them your pisol and/or mags under warranty to determine the problem and help you resolve it. I would, without hesitation, ask them to replace your bad mag and they will do that for free even if it is the old version until the new ones arrive.

I know the feeling. Good luck. Try using the Speer Lawman 155 or 165 for target and the Speer 165 Gold Dust HP's for defense. When you talk to CZ ask if they would recommend polishing the ramp ...that is a warranty service they will provide.

13. Edmondt

Edmondt Active Member

I have the 9 mm version of this gun, bought it about 3 months ago. I love the gun, but recently have had problems with a number of hollow point rounds.

Yesterday I sent an email to CZ about the problem, and today I got an email back. They told me to send the barrel back to them, and they would repolish the ramp at no charge.

Pretty responsive.

Edmond

14. Vgate49

Finally got a hold of them at CZ, spoke to CJ, sent him my barrel and both Mags, we'll see what happens.

15. Edmondt

Edmondt Active Member

Does anyone know where I can get aftermarket mags for this gun? I haven't been able to locate any on the web.

I have the 9 mm.

Thanks.

Edmond

16. popcycle

popcycle Member

There are no aftermarket mags available. The 3rd generation mags are going to be available from CZ soon. Talked to Justin at CZ...they expect anyday. Just received my RAMI 40 and ran about 50 rounds of ball ammo through it. No hitches and it really operated smoothly. I did some pre-op to it and will explain tomorrow. I am going to put about 200 more rounds through after another break down. Willl let you know how it operates and explain what I did to prepare the overall operation including mags.

17. popcycle

popcycle Member

200 more rounds in my RAMI 40 without a hitch. Used both 8 round magazines. All ammo has been cheap Walmart Winchester 165 so far. Ran as smooth as my Sig p239 and has incredible accuracy at 25 feet. No problems with my slide stop. Slide operated smoothly and slid home when I popped a full magazine into grip. I did a simple F and B pre-op before even putting one round through it and will say more about what I did after another 200 rounds. This pistol is a little smaller than a Glock 36 and has a better feel to the hands. I have large palms and medium length fingers. It is smaller than my P239

and is as accurate or better. Fun to shoot so far.

18. epwrangler

epwrangler Well-Known Member

19. popcycle

popcycle Member

yes, with X 1-r.....developed by NASA ...is supposed to be next generation lubricant....google it. Works great...clean wth the oil/solvent...leave a light coat on all parts.....grease with their grease (q tip on rails and rods) leave an floater on each side of slide.....works very smooth. Noticed I was still getting crude off pistol even after has cleaned with other highly recommended products. Was receommended by an Engineer. Improve operation of pistol and even manually works easier. I also polished the slide rods with Flitz and buffed. They are silver and rest of slide is black....but it is slick.

20. Vgate49

Hi guys,

Finally got a hold of the CZ people and sent them my barrel and mags.

New mags extended (10 SHOT), new generation are on their way along with a ramp polish job. Nice people when they answer the phone.

Hope I can say no malfunctions when i get it back.