Bersa Thunder 380 Reviews

Discussion in 'Pistols' started by KQuark, May 14, 2006.

1. ulgydog56

ulgydog56 Well-Known Member

vbshooter....amen...

2. Maluus

Maluus Member

3. pirouge

pirouge Member

I traded a older Beretta .32 Tomcat for a newer used Bersa .380 duo-tone, believe me, I got the best of that deal. The Bersa is now my everyday ccw carry, I know there are lighter, smaller .380's out there, but none fit my hand as well as the Bersa. After a day at the range, I'm completely satisfied. equip this pistol with a crimson trace grip ( $229, ouch) and it would be just about perfect. After 60 years as a gun owner ( I'm 71) I'm not impressed much by gun make or price, but I am impressed by "fit & function", the Bersa .380 is a winner.

4. whitehood

whitehood Well-Known Member

Just bought one a couple of weeks ago and for the price, you can't beat them. Tiny and easily concealed. Lets not forget accurate and reliable.

5. skycop101

skycop101 New Member

@pirouge

I am considering the Crimson Trace Bersa Thunder 380 & Firestorm 380, 32 , 22 Laser Grip System (LG-442) and was wondering if you or anyone else has it. I have a Thunder 380DLX. Any help would be appreciated.

6. pirouge

pirouge Member

about ammo, to each his own, but for me, +P? in a .380 is just not worth it, it's nice to know your weapon is built strong enough to handle it, but the cost, wear & tear on aluminum frames negates any practical advantage. Lets face it, in my BT.380, my favorite load is Fed. Hydro- shocks, they will get the job done just as well as +P at the range I need to use them, if ever confronted by man or beast.

7. Will_Carry

Will_Carry Well-Known Member

I don't use 380 +P either. To me 380+P is called 9mm. But I cannot blame a person for carrying 380+P ammo. You got to have an edge.

8. wcarlucci

wcarlucci New Member

Hi Folks,

Looks like everyone has had good luck with these pistols. Anything I should look out for, certain serial numbers to stay away from?

9. ulgydog56

i never hear anything bad about bad serial numbers on this gun. the production has been pretty much the same from day 1 when 2 itailan brothers in south america copy-catted the walther ppk.I,m sure the folks at walther are happy about that......maybe thats the reason they went to south america to get around patents ?.....

10. pirouge

pirouge Member

will carry;

the edge is called "shot placement" and that takes practice, there's no other way around it.

11. pirouge

pirouge Member

uglydog 56;

go to wikipedia for the correct low down on Bersa, the Thunder .380 is not a copy of the walther ppk, (thank god) but it is a much improved version.

12. Maluus

Maluus Member

<uglydog56>

I own a Thunder380 and my cousin has a PPK -- if the Thunder380 is a copy (I can't see it myself), then it's a much improved copy. I used to own a PPK, couldn't stand the thing (it was VERY old but excellent condition) and jammed frequently. The Thunder380 performs flawlessly time after time. What was your source for the info on the "copying"? I'd like to see that info myself.

Thanks

13. ulgydog56

yes you are correct..the ppk is so tightly machined that i,ve herd over and over again that it fails to eject alot ,german go figer......

14. markmac56

markmac56 New Member

My Bersa 380 is only 2 weeks old. Had a gunk-in-the-safety prob, that has been resolved, only 60 rounds thru it, but that will change this weekend. So, I'm looking at holsters, IWB. Has anybody used the one from Tennessee Holster Co.? The price isn't bad, I like the body shield and swivel clip, so it cants any way you'd like. Looks are one thing, experience is another. Opinions welcome!

15. pirouge

pirouge Member

markmac56;

I'm on a real tight budget, so I use Uncle Mikes size 1 IWB model, I like it. I think I paid $10 for it. The clip is large enough to keep it from shifting around and its soft nylon, almost a suede finish. I own several U/M holsters, they all work well.

16. pirouge

pirouge Member

by the way, I added the Bersa rubber wrap a round grips to my bt.380, what a improvement, if you only get one thing for your bersa thunder, get these, piratically eliminates limp wristing because of the better grip and absorbs recoil a lot better. their not as pretty as some of the exotic woods but pretty doesn't cut it at the range, only results do.

17. snke_doctr

snke_doctr Well-Known Member

Love my Bersa Thunder .380! One of the most under-rated guns out there. Load it w/ hollow points & you're good to go.

18. Spuds

Spuds New Member

Picked up my Thunder 380 today,my first semi-auto and ran 50 rnds thru it. No complaints here,felt good,shot well. I had 2 jams,but blame them on limp wrist. Will give the wrap a try like pirouge mentioned below. Went to the gun shop this weekend just to look but had to have it after seeing the gun and the price! If you are considering buying one and in the Fort Myers area,message me and I`ll tell you where and the price paid.

19. sandy4409

sandy4409 New Member

Hubby just bought me this gun, new. My first. It has the grip laser

I have 2 weeks to learn to shoot and have scheduled a CC class.

Any advice guys?

20. ulgydog56

yes pratice,pratice,pratice...when racking the gun hold the gun next to your chest it will be easyer to work,the thunder has a stiff spring....