.410 anyone?

Discussion in 'Shotguns' started by Rawhide, Nov 20, 2006.

1. Rawhide

Rawhide New Member

I may be a little narrow minded at times so bear with me. I am looking for a decent shotgun only for small game and pest control around my VA homestead. I would prefer a pump action. And I have been happy with the .410ga so far but am not finding one anywhere.

So, am I being too narrowminded about use and should just accept a 20ga or 12ga?

Has anyone heard of any mfg making such a beast?

If not, if I get say a 20ga and want it modified to fit .410ga is it even possible?

help

2. CON-T

CON-T Well-Known Member

ive recently seen .410 and 12ga as well as 20ga at, believe it or not, wal-mart. either marlin or savage or mossberg, not sure what brand.

3. Rawhide

Rawhide New Member

Good to know. I havent seen any at the 2 WalMarts near me, bun I will look again now knowing that at least some of their stores carry them.

4. mark8252

mark8252 Active Member

I intend to get a 410 for trap shooting. Makes for a pretty good challenge.

5. giblets1812

giblets1812 Member

If you dont see what you are looking for in the case at Wal-mart, ask an associate to see their gun catalog. You would be surprised at what they can order for you, and it usually only takes a couple of days, rarely it takes a couple of weeks.

6. nohub2003

nohub2003 Well-Known Member

Rawhide, You can order .410 pump shotguns. Browing mod BPS, Mossberg mod# 50104, Remington Mod 870 Wingmaster. I own a Mod 42 Winchester .410. (collectable) Great little 410!!... Depends upon, how much you want to spend. I am not sure however, if Walmart can order you one but, i am sure your local gun shop can. Later, Nohub

7. nohub2003

Oh yes..one other thing...., .410 Pump-Shotguns are, to this day, very popular in the Uk. ( because of restrictions) Edgar Brothers, is the largest distributor for Remington .410 pump-shotguns. Later, Nohub

8. nohub2003

LOL...Browning Mod BPS... (wish i could spell, like i can shoot)

9. giblets1812

giblets1812 Member

Im not sure about what models Wal-mart can order, but the one thing I am sure of is that they can order an a**load more than what they have on display. That one you can trust me on, I have an inside source, my wife is Sporting Goods Dept manager here and she has ordered me a few.

10. nohub2003

Giblets.....I heard Walmart, was planning to dis-continue selling firearms, in many states. Any truth 2 that?? Nohub

11. XXOXX

XXOXX Well-Known Member

They put 410 inserts in 12 gauge bbl. all the time. But thats a waste of money. 410 is an odd bird, favored by trap shooters who like a double bbl.

Bond Derringer makes a 410 gauge / 45 Colt handgun for snakes.

If youre looking for a pest gun, that might work for you.

In a 410, Id look for a double bbl. In a pump action, go for the Reml 870 in 20 gauge.

12. mark8252

mark8252 Active Member

Check auctionarms.com and gunbroker.com.

Do a "410" search........you will find quite a few. I did.

13. czdude

czdude Active Member

i hate 410's i like 20 gauges and 12 gauges