>
Board Index Gear and Ammo Accessories

Holster question

Discuss holsters, grips, magazines, sights, scopes, night-vision, gun safes, and other gun gear.

Holster question

Postby Ronso » Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:55 pm

I am on the hunt for a comfortable IWB holster for my Kahr CW9. It seems that the most comfortable looking ones have a Kydex or polycarbonate sleeve (for lack of a better term) for the pistol.
Can anyone with experience using these types of holsters tell me if I should be concerned with damage to the guns finish?
Advice much appreciated!
Ronso

Re: Holster question

Postby GOANRA » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:32 pm

The polymer should not effect your sidearms finish in the least. I've used them since they came out with zero damage... mine are mostly OWB, but the gun doesn't know that.

Yea, you're good to go with the Kydex, polymer holsters. My (personal) preference for IWB carry is something softer, like the crossbreeds (King Tuk, et al), but the sidearm still goes into the polymer, so no real diff, except for what is touching skin.

Its got to be 'comfortable' or you will tend to leave it home or in the console, unnecessarily.

I also have a couple nylon, padded, IWB thumb-breaks I am quite fond of, sometimes it depends on the sidearm, position its worn, etc., I like near 4 O'clock myself.
Some holsters I like at belt-buckle if I not doind too much bending, sitting, but have to remove sidearm to drive very far... which isn't all bad. Buckle carry is a good example of which sidearm is worn.
NRA Lifer
GOA member
Retired LEO
Μολὼν λαβέ
If gun laws worked; criminals would obey them.
Join the NRA here: http://home.nra.org/#/nraorg
GOANRA

Return to Accessories