>
Board Index Miscellany Legal & Political

ARIZONA IMMIGRATION -- YAH OR NAY

Get informed and debate about civil rights and legal issues such as concealed carry, self-defense, and gun control.

Postby tigwelder56 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:49 pm

Stay safe Ben and don't ask too many questions! Someone may want to investigate who the Americano is that's asking so many questions! Just a thought Brother, be invisible when you can...
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby JustBen » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:56 am

Turns out there were several Mexican Governors and a few US Politicians at the hotel having a meeting. Not sure who they were. I guess there were recent elections down here where people were being murdered and the drug cartels were trying to get their guys in. I am being told that President Calderone is trying to get BHO to stop the guns from coming south, blaming the US for the rocket launchers and bazooka's etc being used. I have also heard just the opposite that it is not US weapons causing the problem. I do not think we will ever know what is really going on, except the fact that the politicians are corrupt and in on a lot of this stuff. On both sides of the border.
JustBen

Postby GOANRA » Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:19 pm

Wow Ben! Can't you do some business in Canada?

I saw the stats of firearms [mainly M-16s] the U.S. 'Government' sells to the Mexican Government... they have corruption and fall into the wrong hands often enough. Federale deserters seem to be very common too [cartels pay better] and they take BHO's M16s with them.

The cartels from Columbia, Venezuela, etc., have close to 20 countries competing for their unregulated firearms needs. They don't need our high prices or silly serial numbers.

Can you bring me back a mortar and a couple RPGs? Just for some fun at the range, of course.

Until then, be safe.
NRA Lifer
GOA member
Retired LEO
Μολὼν λαβέ
If gun laws worked; criminals would obey them.
Join the NRA here: http://home.nra.org/#/nraorg
GOANRA

Postby JustBen » Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:15 pm

I think the company only sends me to places that have problems. I don't get the easy trips. Either way I am home safe once more. The Federale's/Police seemed to be well equiped and professional, the Mexican Army on the other hand looked like a bunch of terrorists riding around in beat up pick up trucks with old surplus rifles. They do not have any issues about stopping people, profiling them, and intimidating them, unlike the overwhelming courtesey they get on our side, even in Arizona. You would have to be crazy to complain about the Arizona law and how our LEO's handle themselves. One truck load of Mexican Army guys was yelling and waving at me and my driver last night in Guanajuato. After a few minutes of us ignoring them one of them chambered a round with an aggressive motion but at least did not point the gun at us. My driver just kept going and ignored them. Pussies.
JustBen

Postby BrianB » Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:01 pm

Never been down there myself and really don't plan on it but I have heard stories of the police down there being nearly as bad, if not just as bad, as the criminals themselves.
BrianB

Postby JustBen » Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:32 pm

They have a culture of corruption in business, politics and everything else. President Fox dismantled the Mexican CIA and now Calderone has no infrastructure to do battle with the cartels. The government has all the money, and the people have none. Most all Army and Police are either corrupt, willing to be corrupt, or dead. Last week they cut their pensions (Social Security) by 60%, and no civil war? This society is on the fast road to hell, and the US government under BHO is tailgating them in.
JustBen

Postby tigwelder56 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:26 pm

Hey Ben, just read this article about several abductions in Northern Mexico. Made me think of you. http://www.usatoday.com/travel/hotels/2010-04-22-gunmen-mexico-hotel-abduct_N.htm?csp=obnetwork

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby azprospector » Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:30 pm

I don't think the US is tailgating Mexico, I think it is already climbing into the truck bed.
azprospector

Postby tigwelder56 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:02 pm

I agree, but I think it's far beyond that now. Depending on the area you live in, they may actually be driving the truck...

tigwelder56

Postby JustBen » Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:15 pm

Wow. That article hits way to close to home. I was in a Holiday Inn about 3 hours south of the one that got hit. Mine was surrounded by Federale's toting AR's and I could not sleep well because I was near an exit and they kept coming in and out. You could tell when they were standing in front of my door since the light from the hallway would come under the door and cast shadows of their feet.

A couple of years ago we put together a plan to pull our manufacturing out of Mexico in case the terrorism got worse. You might not have heard about it, but many gas lines were bombed that shut many US plants down several times. Didn't make the headlines though. Now the Drug Cartels are worse than the terrorists. I blame the recent developments on the US government being so liberal and weak. This is going to get uglier and I think the poor US Citizens on the border are on their own. I hope they have a majority of those AR's that have been sold. I know I have one just in case, and I am way up in Ohio.
JustBen

PreviousNext

Return to Legal & Political