>
Board Index Serious Shooters Concealed Carry

Carry Condition Preference Survey

For those legally permitted to carry a weapon or wanting to obtain their concealed pistol license.

Postby ulgydog56 » Thu May 13, 2010 8:45 pm

hey im looking for a holster 4 a ruger lcp thats leather with belt clip and has a hammer strap got any ideas............
ulgydog56

Postby tigwelder56 » Thu May 13, 2010 9:58 pm

Hey Dog, I've spent quite awhile looking for this holster for you and I'm here to tell you, they aren't very common. Most holster makers don't like the thumb break principle with IWB holsters because they're difficult to unsnap or move due to the proximity of your body. But I found this on EBay, it's used and for a Beretta Jetfire. I own the Jetfire and I have also held the LCP on a number of occasions and they are extremely close in size. I would bet the farm that this would fit your Ruger very well. Check it out, there isn't alot of time left. http://cgi.ebay.com/BRAUER-BROS-Leather-IWB-ITP-Holster-Beretta-950-Jetfire-/130388510229?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e5bc2c615 Let me know what you decide, good luck!
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby GOANRA » Fri May 14, 2010 3:48 pm

I wouldn't use an IWB without a thumb break, and the velcros are aptly called "suicide holsters'.

Here is a pic of something I didn't know existed for the LCP:

http://www.handgunforum.net/kel-tec/243 ... -clip.html

I love it on my Kel-Tecs for invisible RF pocket carry.
NRA Lifer
GOA member
Retired LEO
Μολὼν λαβέ
If gun laws worked; criminals would obey them.
Join the NRA here: http://home.nra.org/#/nraorg
GOANRA

Postby ulgydog56 » Fri May 14, 2010 4:33 pm

tig thats a nice rig,and thanks goanra,but i should have siad a oswb and would like it to be high riding holster,i think a 25 or 32 cal rigg would fit if not made for this pistol..........
ulgydog56

Postby Ratsass » Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:31 pm

I carry a S&W 640 pd during the summer months when the weather is warm. It's a 12 oz. 357 mag chocked full of 125 grain full house magnums in the waistband kidney style. When the weather cools and the jackets come out, I drop this little gem into the right hand cargo pocket and bring out the Glock 21 ( Thats the full sized .45 ) and carry that one inside waistband in a cross draw. The little smith is now my bug. The glock always has one up the pipe. I never use a holster for the .45.
Ratsass

Postby St8Shooter » Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:45 am

everything I carry is ready to go. 1911 is cond 1. glock loaded and chambered. S&W 360 fully loaded and ready to go.

I keep my finger off the trigger until ready to fire.
St8Shooter

Postby JustBen » Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:19 am

I usually carry my glock 23 that has a 3.5 pound polished trigger and a Ruger LCP 380 as a back up. Always have one in the pipe and no manual safeties. I depend on my trigger finger and how I handle the guns to prevent an accidental discharge. In a stressful situation, people tend to clinch their arms and hands, thus if your finger is not well outside the trigger guard and up high on the frame or slide, you may inadvertanly pull the trigger. Practice, practice, practice, and discipline is the key here. Practice makes permanent not perfect, so I try to practice a lot and correctly. Takes a significant effort and a lot of time/rounds but it is worth it to have confidence in your abilities.
JustBen

Postby GOANRA » Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:42 pm

I liked Glocks as a duty arm, but used a Fobus-Paddle holster when not in uniform to keep the trigger covered. Kept it high & tight + safe.

I still like the paddle holsters best, so I can slide 'em over my belt and go... without 'threading' a belt.

If it's not quick & simple, I'll end up leaving sidearm home too much.
NRA Lifer
GOA member
Retired LEO
Μολὼν λαβέ
If gun laws worked; criminals would obey them.
Join the NRA here: http://home.nra.org/#/nraorg
GOANRA

Postby smith6906 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:39 pm

Glock 38. Glock 23 and Sig P238. all fully stacked and ready to go.. i keep my fingers off the boom boom switch.

Glock 38 Serpa Sportster

Glock 23 Bianchi shoulder rig

Sig P238 Uncle mikes Ankle buddy.
smith6906

Postby LevelCross » Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:21 pm

Glock 22 in a Blackhawk CQC Paddle holster

Glock 26 in a Crossbreed supertuck IWB

Bersa 380 CC in a Crossbreed supertuck IWB

Beretta A21 in a uncle Mikes pocket holster

Ruger SP 101 in a ankle rig

All are ready to fire, with the Bersa and the Beretta having an external safety...beyond the brain and finger. I believe in a defensive situation chambering a round is a deadly waste of time.

Which ever way you decide to carry...practice, practice, practice dry draws from every position you can think of, then ask your friends for more positions. Also think about staging a weapon in your car and in multiple places in your home.
LevelCross

PreviousNext

Return to Concealed Carry